Desi morality

Guest Gunner

Desi morality  

1. 1.

its not obvious only questionable! and i havent condemned the idea of sex before marriage only that girls who "sleep around" have a DIFFERENT set of morals not LOWER if being THAT TYPE is something they're comfortable with then thats up to them! The sad thing about this debate is that many of you are not willing to accept that if we as women have made a choice to live life in a certain way then that choice is rational, conscious and a decision we are happy with! on that note i am not saying that women who chose the other way of life is irrational but you need accept that we dont live in fear and that we do make our own decisions!
It is a slippery slope to differntiate "good intentioned pre-martial sex" and "sleep around". How do you decide if a girl is sleeping around ? What if she gets into every relationship thinking she is gonna marry the guy but each time it ends without marriage and hence has a series of relationships ? So is she sleeping around or not ? On an other note, if desis were not born with the right to guaranteed "arranged marriage", don't you think a lot more of desi girls will be sleeping around ? It is guaranteed everyone would be putting more effort into their relationships and actually think about the thing more rationally.

It is a slippery slope to differntiate "good intentioned pre-martial sex" and "sleep around". How do you decide if a girl is sleeping around ? What if she gets into every relationship thinking she is gonna marry the guy but each time it ends without marriage ? So is she sleeping around or not ?
i too brought that question up, in response i think its safe to say that women who willingly engage in sex before marriage are very different from women who go out on the pull to see how many men they can bed!

Perfect answer. You demonstrated your view without trying to climb on to any moral high ground, I truly appreciate that. So peaches, how you doin' today?:winky:
Thanx. I made a vow a couple years back never to discriminate against anybody based on their beliefs and that includes not trying to force my beliefs on them. I'm doing great! Bit tired as I only got into bed @ 2 am after co-hosting a dinner deal and then spending some quality time with my brother.

Thanx. I made a vow a couple years back never to discriminate against anybody based on their beliefs and that includes not trying to force my beliefs on them. I'm doing great! Bit tired as I only got into bed @ 2 am after co-hosting a dinner deal and then spending some quality time with my brother.
Excellent, I iz off to Paris this evening. I will think about you when I see the Seine river peaches.:winky:

Still FAIL. It is neither obvious nor questionable. 1) Meh....go back and read the OP. This is not the subject of the thread. I don't care how people choose to live their life. I am simply not willing to accept your view that it is more moral. 2) But still all your arguments smacked off fear, bigotry and down right ignorance.
honestly?? its all in the way you have read rather than what i have tried to portray, the bottom line is desi women DO have a different set of morals to non desis i still maintain that its nothing to do with fear and all the rest i think you have preconceived ideas about women who chose to follow certain lives yes you say your not concerned with it, then why are you so adamant that women who dont engage in sleeping around are not doing it purely out of fear as oppose to personal choice?

It is immoral for women to show their faces in public. Orthodox muslim women have higher morality than non-muslim women. :--D
The burkha is still so hot. :woot::woot::woot::woot:

honestly?? its all in the way you have read rather than what i have tried to portray, the bottom line is desi women DO have a different set of morals to non desis i still maintain that its nothing to do with fear and all the rest i think you have preconceived ideas about women who chose to follow certain lives yes you say your not concerned with it, then why are you so adamant that women who dont engage in sleeping around are not doing it purely out of fear as oppose to personal choice?
Ok, you have failed so many times now that you are back in 5th grade. Let me repeat for your convenience: A) I don't expect women to do anything. Period. B) I don't think women have to sleep around. C) I don't think women who sleep around are better or worse. D) What I do think is that there is no such thing as moral values and we all have our own choices. E) Where you failed was your inability to provide me with a sound reason as to why desi women are more moral than non-desi. Don't give me the different morals bollocks as this was not the starting point of your debate. Capice?:icflove::icflove:

women who make a conscious decision to refrain from such activities shouldnt be patronised as being "deprived, unnatural etc" its not pressure its a conscious decision
Right. But they shouldnt also be put on a pedestal and showered with labels like being more 'moral'. As you said thats a conscious descion by certain individuals to refrain from some activities. Other individual make conscious descions to indulge in the same activities. Why is one group immorl and the other not?

Ooh lala. I'll think of you while finishing my assignments that are due on monday. :winky:
I would love to hear you say ooh lala in person. That is sooooo hot too.:winky::winky: Best of luck with the assignment peaches.

Ok, you have failed so many times now that you are back in 5th grade. Let me repeat for your convenience: A) I don't expect women to do anything. Period. B) I don't think women have to sleep around. C) I don't think women who sleep around are better or worse. D) What I do think is that there is no such thing as moral values and we all have our own choices. E) Where you failed was your inability to provide me with a sound reason as to why desi women are more moral than non-desi. Don't give me the different morals bollocks as this was not the starting point of your debate. Capice?:icflove::icflove:
lol up urs 5th grade da bacha! :icflove:

Right. But they shouldnt also be put on a pedestal and showered with labels like being more 'moral'. As you said thats a conscious descion by certain individuals to refrain from some activities. Other individual make conscious descions to indulge in the same activities. Why is one group immorl and the other not?
:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

I don't fear my dad! My family has just had to deal with a lot of shyt over the last few years and I don't want to add to that. I'm willing to compromise to protect my family. Does that mean I don't live my life?
Yes, any sort of compromise, by whether a guy or a girl, does mean that they dont live their life. I have a couple of friends, guys, who sacrificied for their brothers, their parents, never married, or never followed their life. Did they live their lives? Of course not

1. ok its a label in ur eyes not such a good one so what is it about that label that p*sses you off? again its still down to personal choice and free will, if by free a woman chooses to be more sexually active than others then they do need to be prepared for the consequences of acquiring such labels - the same way women who choose not to are labelled as prudish and deprived!! it too pisses me off that ur not willing to accept that free will plays a big part in all of this and i would still like to think that desi women refrain from sleeping around out of free will because of their moralistic views! i dont look down at my friends for being "that type" if that lifestyle is right for her its not for me though i dont respect them anyless i think the link between family values and morals is very apparent and it comes accross by all the girls that have contributed to this debate!
Come on, I dont see anyone in this thread labelling women who abstain as being prudish, etc. On the contrary only one in this thread stereotyping and making labels seems to be you. that too after claiming you dont look down on them. You surely know in what context the phrase, "that type" is used but your are trying to back track in this post. Its a very degrading and demeaning phrase used for women. You are right that some desi women do make a conscious free wileld effort. But many toehr dont get that opportunity because they have been brained washed from childhood that so and so is immoral or unpleasant. An example, if I am told right from childhood that eating so and so animal's flesh is wrong, I just cannot think about eating it in mny adulthood. Yes its my conscious effort but does this make me "better" than people who eat it? Nope, only different. But it gives me no right to condemn those who do eat as bad eaters The link between family values and so called "morality" is the same link between a guy who grows up beleiveing that something is wrong to eat becuase his family thought so. n othing more, nothing less. You are using the word 'morality' in the wrong context