Are You a Democrat or Republican Why? (To NRI's)

BlueBlood

Extreme right. I think their ideologies make a lot more sense than the others. Plus, Fox News is better to watch than others. Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly (although he's fallen off a little bit), and the ultimate duo of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity make following republicanism a fun thing.

Guest Evil Mod Consortium

Bill O'Reilly rocks! And Rush Limbaugh is just awesome. Nobody compares, except perhaps Hannity!!!! :emc: :heil:

Guest Evil Mod Consortium
(well' date=' unless you're a baby-killing, anti-american, homosexual).[/quote'] You forgot raving mad, flaming radical commie pinko Marxist/Maoist.

You need to define your values first. How do you stand on important issues (War/Fiscal responsibility/abortion rights/government involvement in healthcare and other aspects of your life)? And then ask yourself how important is each issue to you - i.e., which ones are non-negotiable for you? Which ones are you willing to compromise a little? Then, look at the options. As I see it, there is little to separate the two parties. They are both populist, irresponsible, tax-and-spend vote-mongers with zero integrity. As for talking heads - for every Bill O' Reilly, there's a David Letterman. For every Sean Hannity, there's a Michael Moore. For every Sarah Palin, there's a John Edwards. For every Mark Sanford, there's an Elliott Spitzer. Right now, Dr. Ron Paul comes closest to reflecting my values on the war, on small government, on fiscal responsibility and on abortion. He is conservative, but not religious right-wing and that fits with my atheism. But, he'll never win; he has as much charisma as the accountant next door.