Govt. speaks about putting limits to salaries of CEOs of private companies

ViruRulez

Agree with Viru rulez, if money needs to be saved there are tonnes of ways for the government to cut its spending and spread that wealth around without even increasing taxes. Some examples 1. every tom dick and harry politician has 2-3 personal body guards, get rid of them unless there is an ab****e necessity. 2. put a cap on how much each politician can spend towards election and enforce it strongly. 3. Get out of administering sports. 4. Clse Air India. etc On the scale of problems facing the Indian economy and the inequality in the incomes, CEO pays are probably the least among them.

There is a huge difference between a Govt. employee and a private sector employee. It is right to cap the employees in the govt. offices because ultimately it is public money from the tax payers. But private companies has nothing to do with the govt. except paying tax. So, I dont think both can be even compared. If govt. starts interfering in the internal matters of companies then it will also hamper India's economic growth in the long run.
I think you are confusing the topic as a co-relation between Government and Private company. The topic is the sky-rocketing paycheks that the CEOs are drawing and its affect all around. The trickle down affect is ensuring sky rocketing salaries for certain sections of the society. Now if you belong to these section (read IT, ITES etc) you would of course be complaining about the Government regulations, but if you do NOT belong to these sections then I would be very intersted in where you stand. I dont want to over-repeat myself but I would say how high educated people - Professors, Doctors etc - are unable to afford a basic house in India let alone a half-decent lifestyle.
I agree with your statement that we simply cannot let everything happen in the name of democracy and rights. But a CEO of a company is not doing anything illegal or is not harming any other Indian citizen for which he/she should be punished. I consider your statement applicable to human rights activists etc. who support Maoists and terrorists in the name of Human rights but they are nowhere to be seen when there are actually required. I also consider it right for the actual criminals who use loopholes in the legal system and walk away free in a democracy.
Oh yeah really? Do I need to open the book on how CEOs, and their fat checks, have essentially brought down the current world financial market? xxx

I think you are confusing the topic as a co-relation between Government and Private company. The topic is the sky-rocketing paycheks that the CEOs are drawing and its affect all around. The trickle down affect is ensuring sky rocketing salaries for certain sections of the society. Now if you belong to these section (read IT, ITES etc) you would of course be complaining about the Government regulations, but if you do NOT belong to these sections then I would be very intersted in where you stand. I dont want to over-repeat myself but I would say how high educated people - Professors, Doctors etc - are unable to afford a basic house in India let alone a half-decent lifestyle. Oh yeah really? Do I need to open the book on how CEOs, and their fat checks, have essentially brought down the current world financial market? xxx
That's wrong. I would put it this way: people who have not learned to earn, find themselves poor. As far as doctors are concerned, I know many wealthy doctors. Professors are in a profession where they can't earn much. I do not come from IT/ITES sectors and I support whatever salaries private companies pay. It's their money. It's private money. What'e next? A cap on pocket money for the CEO's son?