Sourav's ad contract has Board buzzing

ask4me

Re: Sourav's ad contract has Board buzzing I said this yesterday and I say this again. When you see such controversial report always look out for words such as "An alleged contract". It is just attention seeking report that's about it.

Re: Sourav's ad contract has Board buzzing But but :lol: Even if such clauses existed, they'd have been made thinking that if such players stay longer it'd be better for the team. It's absolutely gutter minded thinking that someone would do that regardless of the team's need and status of the game, but that doesn't stop some people.

Re: Sourav's ad contract has Board buzzing

I agree with you, but then why do companies have such a clause in the first place? Don't they know their player, his integrity? Makes you wonder... Let's say there is such a clause. I'm not saying Saurav plays slow every time, but lets say in that match against BD he sees the batting collapse, and he thinks, might as well make my sponsors happy instead of following the pack. Hmm?
But there are no such clauses! Let us always believe in our players and not in these cheap eye-ball seeking stories! Now that Sharad Pawar/BCCI have given a clean chit to Ganguly, will Pawar come out and tell us which players' contract was he referring to in the interview with CNN-IBN??? Will he? WILL HE EVER??? The answer is a BIG NO. Because the guy doesn't have read any such contract and is trying to vilify the players!

Re: Sourav's ad contract has Board buzzing Players have a lot of answering to do cause of their lowly performance. Yes, questioning their integrity without concrete evidence is low, but hey getting screwed by Bangladesh and getting kicked out of the first round of the world cup is also pretty low.

Players have a lot of answering to do cause of their lowly performance. Yes' date=' questioning their integrity without concrete evidence is low, but hey getting screwed by Bangladesh and getting kicked out of the first round of the world cup is also pretty low.[/quote'] Which is lower ?

Players have a lot of answering to do cause of their lowly performance. Yes' date=' questioning their integrity without concrete evidence is low, but hey getting screwed by Bangladesh and getting kicked out of the first round of the world cup is also pretty low.[/quote']Nobody's denying that, but to say BS about their character and integrity is worse. That's not criticism in any way or form.

Nobody's denying that' date=' but to say BS about their character and integrity is worse. That's not criticism in any way or form.[/quote'] Thats what I've been saying ever since the OP. But some people get satisfaction in mud-slinging on the character of the players instead of criticising solely for their (bad)performance!!

Players have a lot of answering to do cause of their lowly performance. Yes' date=' questioning their integrity without concrete evidence is low, but hey getting screwed by Bangladesh and getting kicked out of the first round of the world cup is also pretty low.[/quote'] Which is lower ?
Let's see. One has been an embarassment for the entire country with no recourse till 2011. The other was an "allegation" which has been easily refuted by some bogus or not so bogus papers.

BCCI clears Ganguly in endorsement controversy BCCI clears Ganguly in endorsement controversy PTI NEW DELHI, April 29: The Indian cricket board on Sunday gave a clean chit to Sourav Ganguly who had himself offered to show his endorsement contract papers to BCCI amidst media reports that the deal contained a clause which provided financial incentives for more time spent at the crease. The BCCI went through Ganguly's endorsement documents and found nothing objectionable, BCCI vice-president Rajeev Shukla said. "Reports of the clause which talked about more incentives for time spent at the crease are baseless and unfounded. There is nothing objectionable," Shukla said. BCCI president Sharad Pawar had stirred a hornet's nest two days ago by telling a news channel he had received complaints that a player's contract had a clause which calculated his earnings based on the time spent at the crease. A newspaper report said on Sunday that Pawar was hinting at Ganguly's contract. "Sourav contacted the BCCI headquarters about these reports mentioning his name into the controversy and offered to show the contract papers," Shukla said. "On behalf of Pawar, I went through his contract paper and after that I am of the view that no such clause exist. In fact, the BCCI president wanted to go through the process so that Ganguly's name is cleared," he said. Shukla also said that Pawar had not taken the name of any player in his interview and was only referring to some "allegation." "Sections of media had reported that BCCI president Sharad Pawar was hinting at Sourav Ganguly on his contract with Puma in course of his interview with the TV channel," Shukla said. "Pawar did not take any name and there was no aspersion on any individual. He had only referred to some allegation and had emphasised the need to find the truth," he said.