Injury hit Aussies: Hopes, Lee, Paine, Henriques and Siddle out of the series

champ

Zaheer averages almost 50 against Aussies while Yuvi averages in mid 20s against them.
How does it matter ... its about fielding the best XI & my point was that all teams have players injured at one time or another. SRT didnt play for long periods in the last few years so does that mean that other teams dont deserve credit for winning against India - SRT :dontknow:
I don't think India will get much credit if they win the series' date=' which they surely will now, because Aussies side is so significantly weakened.[/quote'] both the sides have been injury prone for long.. we are also missing Zak who is our main bowler anyways just inform us when a creditable series starts.. I mean when the excuses end :winky:
I don't think India will get much credit if they win the series' date=' which they surely will now, because Aussies side is so significantly weakened.[/quote'] Why not? I think Pakistan got full credit for defeating India in CT when India was without Sehwag, Yuvraj and Zaheer. Australia got full credit for the washed out match and India was criticised like never before despite losing without these key players. So why won't India get credit for defeating a weakened Australia side, if they do defeat them?
You mean Aus shouldn't get credit for winning the first ODI since Zaheer and Yuvraj were not playing ? :dontknow:
Yeah, but we still had more players out lol. Anyways, it is a good test of our depth, if you win then thats all that counts at the end of the day, all I'm saying is the guys filling in aren't at the same level as the others.
both the sides have been injury prone for long.. we are also missing Zak who is our main bowler anyways just inform us when a creditable series starts.. I mean when the excuses end :winky:
2 or 3 players is ok, but 6 or 7 players who usually start is a bit much. But, if you win, then kudos to you, you can only beat what is put out in front of you.
Why not? I think Pakistan got full credit for defeating India in CT when India was without Sehwag, Yuvraj and Zaheer. Australia got full credit for the washed out match and India was criticised like never before despite losing without these key players. So why won't India get credit for defeating a weakened Australia side, if they do defeat them?
If India had 6 or 7 of their first team players out.. Say you had lost Sehwag, Dhoni, Zaheer, Harbajan, Gambir, Kumar and Jadeja would you not take something away from Aus winning the series ? I'm sure you would.
Zaheer averages almost 50 against Aussies while Yuvi averages in mid 20s against them. Really?? Lee bowling averages against India is 20.70.
ahhh a Paki talking about numbers -- OK ! Lee's average against India is 25.07 in the Last 2 years. It was very easy for him and others to hide behind McGrath and Warne and rach up some favorable numbers. In any case 25 is still good. BUT His average against India IN INDIA (which is what it is all about currently) -- his average is a healthy 35.00 ! Now do I stand justified ?

I still stand by what I have said --- India'e nemesis is Ponting and Hussey (frggin Hussey of all the people) and Watson. Considering what -- these 3 have scored now what -- about 80% of the runs that have been scored against India in the last 4 games and India still does not find a way to get them out. If those 3 hadn't scored -- the score line would look like India is playng Zimbabwe or something.

Australia all-rounder James Hopes ruled out of the series, Clint McKay called up All-rounder James Hopes has become the third Australian player forced home from the tour of India due to injury, while Victorian quick Clint McKay has been called up. More... Australia all-rounder James Hopes sent home, Clint McKay called up By Daniel Brettig in Chandigarh November 01, 2009 All-rounder James Hopes has become the third Australian player forced home from the tour of India due to injury, while Victorian quick Clint McKay has been called up. Hopes has failed to recover from a hamstring strain and will depart as McKay arrives having been chosen by the national selectors as the man to replace Brett Lee, who arrived home early on Sunday. Hopes damaged his hamstring during the first match of the series in Vadodara and tried vainly to recover until medical staff decided there was little point keeping him in India. "Hopes has done everything he can with the medical staff to try and make himself available for the remaining games of the tour of India," physiotherapist Kevin Sims said in the statement. "However due to the compressed nature of this tour and his speed of recovery so far we feel now we have insufficient time to have Hopes fully fit to take part in the remaining games of this series. "Therefore a decision has been made that Hopes will return to Australia where he will continue his rehabilitation from this hamstring injury." New South Wales all-rounder Moises Henriques had already been called up as cover for Hopes and played in the third match at New Delhi. McKay, meanwhile, has earned a deserved chance having produced consistently for Victoria since his debut in 2006. He will arrive in time to be considered for game five in Hyderabad.

Siddle heads home Peter Siddle has become the latest Australian to return home from Australia's tour of India through injury, with the Victorian paceman experiencing soreness in his side during the fourth ODI in Mohali. More... Siddle heads home 03/11/2009 4:48 PM Sportal Peter Siddle has become the latest Australian to return home from Australia's tour of India through injury, with the Victorian paceman experiencing soreness in his side during the fourth ODI in Mohali. Siddle bowled five overs during Australia's victory and was not required to bowl again. But after consultation with physiotherapist Kevin Sims, he decided to take a cautious approach and return home. "Peter's injury does not appear to be a serious problem but it is unlikely he will be able to safely bowl within the next week, which would therefore not allow him to have any further participation in the tour." Sims said. "With this in mind, we have made the decision that Peter will return to Australia where he will reviewed by Cricket Australia medical staff to ensure he is available for selection at the beginning of the Australian summer." Cricket Australia's National Selection Panel will decide in the next 24 hours if it will send a replacement bowler to India.

Siddle flies back! "Australia's injury list from their tour of India has grown again with the news that Peter Siddle will return home after suffering stiffness in his left side during Monday's win in Mohali. Siddle bowled five overs during the victory and the team physio Kevin Sims said the decision was in part a precautionary measure. "Peter's injury does not appear to be a serious problem but it is unlikely he will be able to safely bowl within the next week which would therefore not allow him to have any further participation in the tour," Sims said. "With this in mind we have made the decision that Peter will return to Australia where he will reviewed by Cricket Australia medical staff to ensure he is available for selection at the beginning of the Australian summer." Australia's selectors are yet to decide on a replacement player and the depth of the nation's bowling stocks has already been tested during the tour. Brett Lee and James Hopes have flown home from India mid-series and the squad was already without Nathan Bracken, who has a knee injury. Clint McKay and Moises Henriques have joined the squad to boost the attack and the selectors will need to scour the state ranks for a third fast man to add to the group. Their options will include Dirk Nannes and Brett Geeves, both of whom have been part of the squad over the past year. " http://www.cricinfo.com/indvaus2009/content/current/story/432746.html Well if Australia win the series from here, i will accept Ricky Ponting as my GOD! :D :nervous: