What Are You Reading Now?

Riley's Girl

which was your fav? i've only read one from that era - the famished road. didn't really like it. oh, god of small things too. that was also meh. other bookers i've read are midnight's (awesome),white tiger(awesome) and oscar and lucinda (meh).
yeah. Its wasn't as good as people had said. Disgrace is a very good book. Another one I liked was Wolf Hall by Hillary Mantle.

I've been meaning to read that one. It's lying in my shelf for a long time.
One book (series) I have been trying to read for many, many years is Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Every few months I pick up the 1st book in the series, read the first few pages and then I put it away for another 5-6 months before I try it again.
The Complete Sherlock Holmes : My entry into English language literature and not surprisingly have progressed little since then
Arthur Conan Doyle's style in Sherlock Holmes was to make Holmes solve the crime without letting the readers know how he solved it :giggle:

Just finished Truth, Love & a little malice - the autobiography of Khushwant Singh. Some parts of the book (like the stories about the rise and fall of Indira/Sanjay Gandhi) are very interesting while some other parts are quite boring. Also, every now and then there are stories about his (and other people's) encounters with women - it seems he was infatuated with them.

...And last post for now: "Fifty Shades of Grey".... Anybody willing to admit to reading it? I want more opinions before I decide to read it or skip the experience altogether. It's a best seller, but it's receiving harsh reviews, (and believe me, I've read every single review I came across) yet there are many a person claiming to enjoy the book. I guess I'm hesitating here because erotic fiction isn't my normal genre, so feel free to weigh in.