Wasted Careers - I : Pravin Amre

Re: Wasted Careers - I : Pravin Amre Ramesh was faltoo...utterly faltoo. Yes, he had good hand-eye coordination but his shot selection, feet movement and technique were all shitty par extreme. He is sort of the player who would murder poor bowling everytime and get owned by good bowling almost every time. Once Ramesh was figured out, he was figured out. Joshi- meh. He could turn the ball an bowl a decent line but thats just about it. People get hyped up about SLAs because they are rare at even first-class level. But SLA bowling, just like regular off/leg spin, requires far more than just turn and good line to do in good batsmen. Joshi lacked that and Joshi imo wouldn't be anything more than a slightly better version of Gayle with the ball. But yes, he deserved more chances. IMO, the biggest wasted talent bowling-wise i've seen in India is Raju. Yes, Venkathapathy Raju. Guy could spin the ball a mile, could bowl every ball a spinner could dream of (except doosra) but always looked like he is playing gulli cricket rather than internationals. Batting-wise, its easy: Kambli all the way. Yes, he shat all over the place with the short ball in the body but he was a lot better than many 'decent/good' international batsmen such as Atapattu/Stewart etc. Wicket-keeping wise, its Saaba Karim.