Pakistan expresses interest in Whatmore...

yoda

Re: Pakistan expresses interest in Whatmore...

This will be great' date=' there is [b']abundance of talent so all we need is some one is a strong character who can work the loose cannons in the team.
MP, stop kidding :hic: You guys are recycling the same old players. Who is your new opener by the way? Have you guys gone back to Salman Butt? :hic:

This will be great' date=' there is abundance of talent so all we need is some one is a strong character who can work the loose cannons in the team.[/quote'] At the time when Woolmer joined Pakistan team this was correct MP. But today I am not so sure. There is no exceptional bowler coming up(Asif is one but is unlike an Imran or a Wasim/Waqar even a Shoaib), batting is nothing worth writing home about either. I mean which is the exceptional talent that shall pull anyone towards this job? Specially after the death of Woolmer on duty, murder or otherwise. *****
There are quite a few good young fast bowlers, the 3 guys who bowled IND out for 73 in the under 19 WC final. Then there is N Shah, M Irshad, A Rauf etc how ever i do agree with the point that none of the young bowlers have the pace of a Wasim, Waqar or Shoaib which is quite a worry.

Re: Pakistan expresses interest in Whatmore... MP, it is the same old names mate. You had Farat in the last few series' and now he is a goner. A year ago there was Salman Butt and Farat. Now you have I Nazir and Hafeez. Either give them a good run or look for new talent. It is damaging for the young ones to be picked up for a series and dumped again. Bob Woolmer and Inzi didn't do good to these youngsters confidence at all.

MP' date=' it is the same old names mate. You had Farat in the last few series' and now he is a goner. A year ago there was Salman Butt and Farat. Now you have I Nazir and Hafeez. Either give them a good run or look for new talent. It is damaging for the young ones to be picked up for a series and dumped again. Bob Woolmer and Inzi didn't do good to these youngsters confidence at all.[/quote'] Yeah the classic example was when S Butt scored a 70 odd at the MCG followed by a 100 at the SCG and then when he went to IND he was dropped after 1 bad test match. Yasir Hameed has an average of close to 40 in the ODIs yet he has never beengiven a consistent run.

Re: Pakistan expresses interest in Whatmore... Salman Butt(ocks), Hamid, Farhat - these batsmen are all flawed talents who don't have what it takes to sustain lengthy careers at international level. The weaknesses in their game are easily noticeable and given the fact that they haven't improved at all despite being around since '04 goes to show that they won't become any better than they are now. Isn't there anyone else in Pakistan ?

Salman Butt(ocks), Hamid, Farhat - these batsmen are all flawed talents who don't have what it takes to sustain lengthy careers at international level. The weaknesses in their game are easily noticeable and given the fact that they haven't improved at all despite being around since '04 goes to show that they won't become any better than they are now. Isn't there anyone else in Pakistan ?
Our domestic cricket isn't going to teach them much so the best way to learn is by staying in the team. One of the main reasons why i want PAK to invest some time in these 3(Nazir, Hameed and Butt) is because they are good back foot players(which most young batsmen aren't) and can score runs at home and away.

Re: Pakistan expresses interest in Whatmore... Couple of years or three ago even Younis Khan and Yousuf weren't permanent members. I remember cricinfo giving Yousuf a hard time when he got out against England at home post Ashes. They said he is not worth investing in but we all know what transpired. Butt, Hameed, Farat and Imran Nazir, 4 openers are all pretty loose outside off stump. Pakistan should arrange for these to go play in English county if the counties are willing that is. If Pakistan reckon they have what it takes to succeed then they should be given a long run i.e about a year's time to develop. I'm sure 1 or 2 out of the 4 will succeed. Shaft the other two and bring couple of new ones. That way they will be harnessing both youth and experience at the same time.