skyscraper city

suma25

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=450 cool forum this one.... abt infrastructural developments (freeways, highways ,transportations) in various cities in india and not just metros. I dont know how many here would be interested but anyways check it out. A feel good forum since no negativity is allowed.
I also found another such forum while browsing that forum. Thought of sharing with you as you might like that too. http://skyscraperpage.com/ I also found a list of the present highest buildings in India and the proposed/approved ones at wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_India I always wonder why Delhi has got none and not planning any although being the capital. Maybe it is because of the earthquake thing but I never saw any significant earthquake in Delhi and dont think it will occur. When Japan can have such a lot of skyscrapers even though it is a earthquake prone country why can Delhi not have skyscrapers. :mad: Anyways it is mentioned that a 155 floor building is proposed in Bangalore. :woot: If that proposal is approved Bangalore would have the world's second tallest building after Dubai. :woot: Hyderabad has already started construction of a 100 floor building .. it seems the smaller and developing cities are leaping ahead quickly :--D

Viru , skyscrapers n all are fine to an extent.But they wont help in decongesting the city traffic which is the need of the hour in all our cities .Atleast delhi has the metro and brts(although a chaotic one,Ahmedabad's BRTS is supposed to be the best ). Mumbai's infrastructural development is seriously lagging behind compared to other cities in india .One of the reason is its highly congested areas and you will get the maximum opposition to any development project from this city than anywhere else in india .The only good thing abt these infrastructural development projects is they are on ppp basis .i.e they are on private public partnership basis. Infrastructure wise mumbai has got the bwsl(half done, it will be fully operational only till 2012:(( , mumbai pune expressway and the the international airport (which is still under construction) .But mumbai deserves more. Hopefully by the end of 2010 we will have metro line 1 and monorail ready .

Viru ' date=' skyscrapers n all are fine to an extent.But they wont help in decongesting the city traffic which is the need of the hour in all our cities .Atleast delhi has the metro and brts(although a chaotic one,Ahmedabad's BRTS is supposed to be the best ). Mumbai's infrastructural development is seriously lagging behind compared to other cities in india .One of the reason is its highly congested areas and you will get the maximum opposition to any development project from this city than anywhere else in india .The only good thing abt these infrastructural development projects is they are on ppp basis .i.e they are on private public partnership basis. Infrastructure wise mumbai has got the bwsl(half done, it will be fully operational only till 2012:(( , mumbai pune expressway and the the international airport (which is still under construction) .But mumbai deserves more. Hopefully by the end of 2010 we will have metro line 1 and monorail ready .[/quote'] yes communication wise Delhi is perhaps a bit better since the metro started .. nowadays any metro station in Delhi is within 15 mins drive from any location within the city .. it is still under construction and after completion it will be a lot better including whole of NCR too .. Delhi has got its fair share of development in recent years and like the New Mumbai city there were areas in Delhi like Dwarka etc. also developed .. there is protest and opposition in Delhi too and the plan to construct a world class city by 2020 is still not looking possible.. there have been several attempts to demolish illegal buildings but the demolition plan has always reached tough opposition and had to be postponed by years .. but still the thing which is missing the most is the skyscrapers .. Delhi has never got a high-rise skyscraper even though it is the capital .. skyscrapers help in bringing more fame to a city .. the world trade center towers, petronas twin towers, taipei 101 or burj al arab etc. are examples where the cities are known a lot by the skyscrapers .. when a much newer and smaller cities like Bangalore can plan 155 floors towers, Hyderabad can build 100 floor buildings and Mumbai 100+ floor buildings why can Delhi also not build some .. I would personally like to see huge skyscrapers in Delhi and the whole skyline changing .. I know it does not help in removing congestion but still it helps in giving recognition and power to any city