What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

Bumper

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ?

I remember observer1 clearly. We had some good times when India toured England in 2002ish.
Age hasnt dulled your memory Gullu. But, as I am sure Doc Dhondy will confirm, you dont lose your long-term memory with old age. I used to float around the rivals.net board too, as you may remember from my discussions with the Caribbean lot there, including that very funny poster who had numerous aliases - Baboo, Marcus Garvey Relives, Christine, etc. etc.

I remember observer1 clearly. We had some good times when India toured England in 2002ish.
But, as I am sure Doc Dhondy will confirm, you dont lose your long-term memory with old age.
That statement could have only come from a doctor. I smell a fellow medic.

Re: What do our fellow posters remind u of ? Talking about fellow medics, Kamran Abbasi on Cricinfo is one. The fellow was acting Editor of the BMJ, no less, until Fiona Godlee (spelt right?) took over, and now edits the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. Writes well, and usually fairly. His blog on Cricinfo on Pakistani cricket makes good reading.

But, as I am sure Doc Dhondy will confirm, you dont lose your long-term memory with old age.
That statement could have only come from a doctor. I smell a fellow medic.
With due respect to your first cranial and your fishing skills, I am going to valiantly ignore your bait, intentionally cast or not. I am just well-read in biology.

Well' date=' you have practically given it away with your reference to the Ist Nerve! :lol::lol:[/quote'] Never underestimate the power of a certain freely downloadable toolbar
Ah! Modesty and erudition! Gets better and better! What is it that they say about doctors? We can never hide our profession for long!

Wow ! some great observations ! Some of the things i admire/have noticed about some of our fellow posters Ravi - Ravi is Mr.Gentlman ! As Dhondy mentioned before , stickler for details . His emphasis on getting the job done perfectly is stunning ! I was truly shocked when i saw Ravi write up a 8-9 para match summary once, including each and every little nuance that happened. He also seems to be an impartial , dispassionate person. Very rarely does he openly disclose any biases ( if at all he has them) and responds to a newcomer on the forum exactly the same way he does to a Mod. CC - Without doubt the most controversial poster of this message board for me. Loves getting into personel "one-on-one's" . However in his posts , the line between making-a-point -against- the- post and making-a-point-against-a-poster is often blurred, which leaves you wondering " Does hate what i said ? or does he hate me ? " But his knowledge of matters ( be it cricket , history , politics ) is unbelievable. You would definately want to think twice before getting an "arguement" with him Predator - I would call him THE most intelligent poster. Hard-htting , Blunt et al. His memory of cricket matters is stunning and as much as you dont agree with what he just said , you later realize that he is probably right. If i were given the choice of taking someone's opinion on an important issue , i would probably take Predator's.

The thread continues. Marirs Mania, aka Sriram- Without a doubt the greatest cricket enthusiast on this forum, perhaps rivalled closely by Ravi and Pred. Sriram cares, and it shows in his posts, which are often written pleasingly with a wicked sense of humour. Lurker- Writer extraordinaire, he has a flaire for making even mundane topics come to life with a gift for expression and his unbridled enthusiasm. He is one person whose posts I almost never miss. Built like a tank, he is also the fitness-guru of this board. Holysmoke- Holy's self deprecating humour can light up the gloomiest of days. Never comes across as confrontational, but a kind, caring and really nice person. sm332- OK, sm, here it is at last. The reason I found it hard to comment on your traits is because you are the sort of person who prefers to stay in the background and not draw attention to himself, unlike a certain character from Dubai we all used to know. I hope your appetite for cricket and having a nice chat with the community here hasn't faded since your marriage.

Since I wrote these profiles over seven months ago, some posters no longer post here. Vroom, whose posts filled us with joy, has chosen to stay away, perhaps driven by the exigencies of his career in science. All the best to you, Vroom. Ranj used to be a marvellously witty poster on the other board, but never posted after the first few days. He is sadly missed. There are many of you here, who I haven't covered....yet. God willing, if I stay healthy and interested, I'll redress that.

unlike a certain character from Dubai we all used to know. I hope your appetite for cricket and having a nice chat with the community here hasn't faded since your marriage.
someone needs to tell me about this torrid past of ICF... i often hear tongue in cheek remarks about the "past", "the peculiar posters who resulted in the invention of the automatic ban"... whats all this about...?? i m dying of curiosity and i have three months before school starts...

Kumble Rocks- Considered opinions. KR works at network solutions or some such equally highbrow stuff, and it shows in his posts, which are invariably well researched and articulate. His posts make very fine reading indeed. Gorah Pindu- He burst into ICF with a collage of some of the finest photos you could ever hope to find on India. A passionate debator, he occasionally betrays his English roots, but is mostly staunchly loyal to his country of birth- India. A real connoisseur of good books and movies. Head Coach- If you want to deliberate on life over a decanter of fine wine, Head Coach is your man. Do not be surprised if you see a publication entitled, "How to do better at almost everything" from this very fine writer.

Apocalypse, Cricketics, Blue Billion- If you are wondering why I lumped them together, it's because I can't separate them. They form the engine room of ICF, the people who'll post away through thick and thin, and along with Holysmoke, build a match day thread from scratch into a twenty-sheeter. In my book, this forum cannot survive without them. THX- The Bob Andrews of ICF. This guy puts in some great research into his posts. Watch out for his write-ups on the doping scandal. He is also probably one of the most hot headed. He loves the forum, but feels it doesn't deserve him.