Why do our bowlers lose pace all of a sudden

nballa

no ur wrong large part of his career mcgrath bowled with kasprowiz and gillespie none of whom were express' date=' that aussie still won everything under the sun so chill out[/quote'] First of all, if you think Gillespie wasn't fast, you haven't watched him bowl in his prime. I mentioned to you to check NZ bowlers with and without Bond. Clearly you haven't done that. There was an article in cricinfo on that too. All good bowling attacks in test cricket have had at least one express bowler.

No. What are you saying? Do you realize how fast 135 is? :(( Its a different thing that people from across the world bowl consistently in the 90s. But hey, India hai yeh. Yahan pe 135 is express! And anyone who thinks our boys should ball fast gets a lecture on accuracy. As if 90+ bowlers aren't accurate :(( Actually, the thing, MEDIOCRITY gives us an orgasm. We DON'T WANT TO PUSH OURSELVES and reach the NEXT level. We are happy with the little we have and the hunger is just not there :finger:

lack of fitness is possibly a contributor to ishants recent failures, and huge drop in pace. poor fitness leads to loss of rhythm, which is essential to keep up accuracy during pacy spells. having said that, different countries speed guns really aren't consistent with each other. for instance, during the NZ-England series, in NZ, Broad was barely scraping 140kph, only for him to be hitting 145+ in England's home series.

I wish this tendency - almost a syndrome - of Indian pacers bursting onto the scene bowling at or over 140 clicks an hour and overnight transforming into trundlers had something to do with food, grooming, genetics etc. I would almost be happy if those or variations of those are the reasons. Normally I am not one for conspiracy theories. But consider that no country in the world is exhibiting this alarming characteristic. Apart from Sreesanth I dont see any other young Indian bowler who has retained his pace. Even Sreesanth blew hot and cold in this series as well as during the Sri Lankan leg of the tour. We are talking only of pace and not anything else here. And lets exempt Zaheer because we are talking about young pace bowlers. Can the desire to enhance longevity and participate in as many tournaments have something to do with this phenomenon? I hope not, but can it? For I cannot find anything at all to explain this disconcerting and bewildering loss of pace in not one or two people but virtually the entire young set of fast bowlers in the last 2 or 3 seasons. When I saw Ishant losing pace, I was really really disappointed. He is a growing boy for God's sake. I dont see how he can drop pace - and this much of it, that too, in this short a spell of time. ________ Live sex

I wish this tendency - almost a syndrome - of Indian pacers bursting onto the scene bowling at or over 140 clicks an hour and overnight transforming into trundlers had something to do with food, grooming, genetics etc. I would almost be happy if those or variations of those are the reasons. Normally I am not one for conspiracy theories. But consider that no country in the world is exhibiting this alarming characteristic. Apart from Sreesanth I dont see any other young Indian bowler who has retained his pace. Even Sreesanth blew hot and cold in this series as well as during the Sri Lankan leg of the tour. We are talking only of pace and not anything else here. And lets exempt Zaheer because we are talking about young pace bowlers. Can the desire to enhance longevity and participate in as many tournaments have something to do with this phenomenon? I hope not, but can it? For I cannot find anything at all to explain this disconcerting and bewildering loss of pace in not one or two people but virtually the entire young set of fast bowlers in the last 2 or 3 seasons. When I saw Ishant losing pace, I was really really disappointed. He is a growing boy for God's sake. I dont see how he can drop pace - and this much of it, that too, in this short a spell of time.
The biggest reason I see why our pacers drop their speed is because they want to play each and every game and be part of the team. This means they have to remain fit all the time and be able to bowl long spells. So they tend to accept mediocrity and don't give their full in matches.
The biggest reason I see why our pacers drop their speed is because they want to play each and every game and be part of the team. This means they have to remain fit all the time and be able to bowl long spells. So they tend to accept mediocrity and don't give their full in matches.
Hmm..I really and fervently hope not. But if this really is the case - which is what I have suspected for some time now, the authorities must act and the axe must fall. 100% effort 100% of the time is what is needed. No exceptions. ________ Extreme Q Herbal Vaporizer Review

Our players play an average of 10 tests, 30 ODIs, 5 T20 matches and 15 IPL matches an year - that is, 100 days an year. Roughly once every three days, that is a huge load and there is not enough recovery time for a fast bowler. Either he will lose pace or become prone to serious injuries or both. Compare this to 80s - average of 8 tests, 16 ODIs an year - that is, 56 days an year. 90s - 7 tests, 26 ODIs - 61 days an year. Modern players are taking on double work load in international matches, compared to their previous generation. That is too much work for the bowlers. (They may have played more first class matches in the past, but those matches do not reach the intensity of international matches)