I had to tell the boys, IPL owners can't afford your talent - Afridi

patriot

Adelaide: Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi says he had to console the young guns of the Pakistani cricket team, who were ignored at the IPL auction by citing that their abilities were too expensive for the franchises to afford. Ahead of the all important 3rd ODI at Adelaide, Afridi said he was deeply hurt and angry the way the Pakistani players were treated at the auction, but not more than the young Pakistani players who had not tasted IPL success. " Tanvir, was the top performer in the inaugral IPL tournament in 2008, Aamer was very keen to go on and make a mark for himself and Pakistan by performing against the best players in the world infront of Indian crowds. " "I had to sit down with young guys like Aamer and Umar Akmal and explain them that going by the prices the auctioned players commanded, your abilities are priceless and none of the franchises can afford you. You are playing for Pakistan and that is what should matter most. " said Afridi. Pakistan trailing 0-2 in the 5 match series, face a do or die battle in the Adelaide ODI.

lol Afridi - the beast, the widow, the freedom fighter, and now the consoling parent. ffs Aamer is only 17, he has billions years to play in the IPL. Whats the big deal to sook about? Akmal and Tanvir should be man to take like it is unlike Afridi.

:hysterical: Yeah he is right, the IPL franchises cannot afford paki players, coz their a *****ing liability with the bat, their mashallah bowling attack has suffered a heart attack, and their as good as Stevie Wonder in the field. Yes definately very expensive!!!

Shame Is anyone betting 0-5 whitewash, i am on it. I am very much disappointed the way the media handled the entire episode, Particularly the elite house, they showed the poor pakis was mistreated by MODI, and look at their media, they are blasting our religion and everything ups and down.SHAME ON US! SHAME ON US!:((:((:((:((:((