No team can call themselves NO 1

Guest DeveGowda

See, being ranked No. 1 doesn't mean that you are No. 1, irrespective of whether you are Australia, South Africa or India. India may lose their ranking to weaker South African / Australia side due to no fault of their own, but that doesn't mean that the team that replaces them are No. 1
For the sake of clarity - define (unambiguously) the parameters you use to conclude - "No. 1". As of now, your argument of #1 is more about perception rather than based on numbers. If you do not trust the ICC official ranking system. I would say design your own ranking system, and propose it to ICC - or better create your own "cricket ranking" organization, give away awards etal. until then - we will go by the ICC official ranking system. The only problem that I see with the current ranking is - there is no ODI world-cup kind of well-defined tournament for Test-cricket. But that's something even beyond ICC's control. But then, this apply to all teams.
Guest DeveGowda

I started this thread Just because to show because of this Series how Teams cant "BRAG" or "OVERHYPE" themselves as NO 1...it NOT against India or For india..this include both SA & Ind...as these are the 2 teams which are fighting for that rank... thing is One win (india) or One Draw (SA) make a team No 1. ...so if Some one wins or Some one drwas they will start to Justify themselves as NO 1 and thousands of Quotes will come They are deserved or NOT... This series may make One team NO 1..but they cant call themselves True NO 1 unless proved for Some more time..as this nO 1 sttaus depending on Schedule,how other teams perform etc. So just beacuse ICC ranking shown NO 1 doesnt mean One is BEST.. In last few years Ponting is Above Sachin in Same ICC rankings..but do u consider hime better than Sachin ? No need to offend..if i am truly NO 1 i wont offened by anyone and start questioning...!

The current scenario reminds me of the 1990-2000 period when there was no single dominant team like the Windies of the 80s to early 90s or the Aussies in the 2000s. Infact some of the best cricket was played during that intermediate time when no particular team could brag as THE best team in the world. Some of the EPIC series played during that time... Frank Worrell Trophy 1992/93,94/95,98/99 Australia tour of SA 1996/97 SA tour of India 1996/97 Pak tour of SA 1997/98 BG Trophy 1997/98 Asia Cup(Tests) 1999, Pak tour of India 1998/99 Interesting times ahead, I reckon.

Guest DeveGowda
The current scenario reminds me of the 1990-2000 period when there was no single dominant team like the Windies of the 80s to early 90s or the Aussies in the 2000s. Infact some of the best cricket was played during that intermediate time when no particular team could brag as THE best team in the world. Some of the EPIC series played during that time... Frank Worrell Trophy 1992/93,94/95,98/99 Australia tour of SA 1996/97 SA tour of India 1996/97 Pak tour of SA 1997/98 BG Trophy 1997/98 Asia Cup(Tests) 1999, Pak tour of India 1998/99 Interesting times ahead, I reckon.
Nobody cares about best cricket ..Just NO 1 is important :haha:
thing is One win (india) or One Draw (SA) make a team No 1. ...so if Some one wins or Some one drwas they will start to Justify themselves as NO 1 and thousands of Quotes will come They are deserved or NOT...
No It doesn't. Years of playing good cricket has brought us points which are translated into Ranking. It is not like if Pakistan had won the Sydney Test they would have become World No. 3. I agreed with your OP, that you were suggesting that there is no one best team but 3 teams tgare good. You need to understand the difference between being ranked number 1- it is based on points acquired over a number of matches - and being the best team by a country mile - which is what you are saying.
Guest DeveGowda
No It doesn't. Years of playing good cricket has brought us points which are translated into Ranking. It is not like if Pakistan had won the Sydney Test they would have become World No. 3. I agreed with your OP' date= that you were suggesting that there is no one best team but 3 teams tgare good. You need to understand the difference between being ranked number 1- it is based on points acquired over a number of matches - and being the best team by a country mile - which is what you are saying.
Same can be true about SA..they also have very good record in last few Years except for 2009. thats what my point..i read some where that its SA which earned more points in last Few years compare to india...Now this One match decide who is no 1... *i dont care about NO 1 ranking even if its India , Aus and SA.....Just a good game of Cricket is Enough for Me..