No team can call themselves NO 1

Guest DeveGowda

Guest DeveGowda

This Series showed One thing..No one team Can now Brag they are NO 1 team in the world..Only team which will be No 1 atleast 3/4 years and played in all counties can claim that Post. (it may be difficult to stay on TOP like WI and Aus did in past). Because all the teams have One or other Problems.. India Best batting line up but Bowling and Fielding still weak.. SA good allround team but cant play Spin and Cant handle pressure.. (may be thats in their genes). Aus - Still rebuilding, but unable to provide Individual players who can change matches like in past England - If they or on TOP one day , will be in Underground next day.. SL - Only in Home.. Pak - Good bowling line up but batting is just coming & going.. no need to talk about NZ,WI and bangla who are essentially limited overs players why they Bother baout Tests No idea...

Guest DeveGowda
Wrong. We are No 1 and rankings show this. Thus we will rightly call ourselves No 1
i didnt told we cant call ourselves No 1..i am talking about all the Hype in press and opposition to that... I dont care we are No 1 or not..there are only 4 good teams in whole world :giggle:

So if Man Utd win the league by 1 point they can't call themselves champions of England and best team in England, unless they win it in dominant fashion of say 10 points like other teams before have? Hell no, everyone will proclaim them champs and best team in England! As soon as India tops the league we get the whispering campaign against us. Which sadly even indians lacking in confidence join in on! We are No 1 and the best in the world. We have a very good team. Now deal with that fact!

So if Man Utd win the league by 1 point they can't call themselves champions of England and best team in England, unless they win it in dominant fashion of say 10 points like other teams before have? Hell no, everyone will proclaim them champs and best team in England! As soon as India tops the league we get the whispering campaign against us. Which sadly even indians lacking in confidence join in on! We are No 1 and the best in the world. We have a very good team. Now deal with that fact!
Exactly, people expect a dominant number 1 team, but when that happens people complain its boring to see one team win. Anyway people need to understand we're not a dominating number 1 team and I don't see us being one any time in the near future. But neither are SA or Aus or Eng or whoever else. Some people need to stop their crying and just accept India is No. 1 and that's the end of that (till the rankings change)
Guest DeveGowda
I dont care about MAN U...they have to play next year again...and its championship, not ranking based system.. (Similer to our world Cup) And again i didnt talking about India only..general i told including Some of our Press claim and of Smith's claim that SA desrved NO 1... Confidence :hysterical: ..And again i am indian..have enough confidence in myself...:winky: Very good team...Still some way to become Very good team...One good bowling effort wont make u best bowling side over night...Our batting is made us Good ...not entire team effort...
Guest DeveGowda
Exactly, people expect a dominant number 1 team, but when that happens people complain its boring to see one team win. Anyway people need to understand we're not a dominating number 1 team and I don't see us being one any time in the near future. But neither are SA or Aus or Eng or whoever else. Some people need to stop their crying and just accept India is No. 1 and that's the end of that (till the rankings change)[/QUOTE] thats NOT my point..i am not talking about ranking... Sakib hasan ranked NO 1 allround player for long time..:haha:

I think what the OP is trying to say is that yes we may be No1 in the rankings for now but we are not the clear best team in the world. If you want to buy into the hype that we are the top team in the world go for it but the fact is we still have a long way to go, particularly in the bowling department. Here's one of the biggest problems, we think our strength is spin bowling when its actually seam/swing bowling. We have more depth in that department than in the spin department yet every time Australia or England or South Africa come to India, we see comments about how we should put a turning track. It negates our biggest strength at the moment, which is Zaheer Khan. If we had a green track, imagine how deadly Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth and Ishant would have been. Our batsman are technically good enough to handle most tracks I believe (at least our top 5 are anyway ... jury is still out on Yuvraj as a Test player). Anyway thats off topic. No.1, but not by enough to confidently say we are the best team.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that yes we may be No1 in the rankings for now but we are not the clear best team in the world. If you want to buy into the hype that we are the top team in the world go for it but the fact is we still have a long way to go' date=' particularly in the bowling department.[/quote'] bharat297 - who in your view is the clear best team in the world? And if there isn't one, should we just abandon the rankings system totally so that no team can be officially no.1?
Guest DeveGowda
I think what the OP is trying to say is that yes we may be No1 in the rankings for now but we are not the clear best team in the world. If you want to buy into the hype that we are the top team in the world go for it but the fact is we still have a long way to go' date= particularly in the bowling department. Here's one of the biggest problems, we think our strength is spin bowling when its actually seam/swing bowling. We have more depth in that department than in the spin department yet every time Australia or England or South Africa come to India, we see comments about how we should put a turning track. It negates our biggest strength at the moment, which is Zaheer Khan. If we had a green track, imagine how deadly Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth and Ishant would have been. Our batsman are technically good enough to handle most tracks I believe (at least our top 5 are anyway ... jury is still out on Yuvraj as a Test player). Anyway thats off topic. No.1, but not by enough to confidently say we are the best team.
Exactly man ..thanks...may be i used wrong words in post... i dont mind if people call me Not Indian or less confidant indian..i just posted what is in my Mind..because i dont agree the too much Hype of team when winning and degrading team when losing.. As for as confidence goes how many of people here thought we will be in this position before T session...
Guest DeveGowda
bharat297 - who in your view is the clear best team in the world? And if there isn't one' date=' should we just abandon the rankings system totally so that no team can be officially no.1?[/quote'] Thats what i told in my post...there no clear NO 1 and no need to Brag about we are No1 or Not..we can do that later when we consolidated our No1 position after A year atleast...
Guest DeveGowda
No need to be clear No 1 although that would be nice. Just need to be No 1. We are that ' date=' so [b']we are then the best team in the world! If you win the WC by 1 run then same as winning at by 200 runs, you are the champ. Same here, we are No 1 and so best team in the world
i agree for winning by 1 run or 100 run..in world cup even if U tied a match u can become champion (eventually)... I just posted saying no one can BRAG or create HYPE because there are no clear No1... Just No 1 wont make u that..(ask SA some year back when they become no 1 for few days beacuse they beat banla..when that time clear Best side in world was Aus)... And if SA draws this match it will become Best side and India wont is that u r logic ? how taht possible by just One game ?

I think what the OP suggests is while we are No 1, we are not the BEST team / unbeatable team in the world. We are one of the 4 best teams, probably 3 best - India, SA and Aus. Unlike the previous decades no team will remain No.1 for a long period. The gap between the Top 3 has narrowed so much that the No.1 slot will keep changing hands very often. If India don't play for a couple of months we could lose the number 1 tag which was not the case a few years ago. Having said that it is interesting this way, rather then one team dominate for decades.

Exactly, people expect a dominant number 1 team, but when that happens people complain its boring to see one team win. Anyway people need to understand we're not a dominating number 1 team and I don't see us being one any time in the near future. But neither are SA or Aus or Eng or whoever else. Some people need to stop their crying and just accept India is No. 1 and that's the end of that (till the rankings change)[/QUOTE] thats NOT my point..i am not talking about ranking... Sakib hasan ranked NO 1 allround player for long time..:haha:
he's met the criteria in ICC rankings to be number 1 and therefore he is. He is a pretty good player, he bowled quite well against us and batted well, so stop making it seem like him being number 1 is the biggest joke