The list of cities in contention for the 2 new franchises

Rajma Chawal

Guest DeveGowda
:yay::yay::yay: I want IPL to be a twenty team affair in ten years' time:dance: Modi, your the man:hail:
No international cricket ..Just IPL over entire Year (like Football leagues)... i think this will happen in 50 years time....Cricket will become like baseball..played mainly in india :winky:

Guest DeveGowda
there aren't enough top players in the world for that many teams
cant u get 400 players ?...Modi is planning to Auction 500 playesr this year...:giggle:

The Sun isn't is a newspaper, it's a magazine for those who are stupid enough that they can't read actual newspapers. But its probably Man City because Man U and Liverpool are heavily in debt, Arsenal aren't exactly brimming with cash and I can't see Abramovich suddenly getting interested in Cricket.
I too know that the red rag is a trash. Modi apparently told the Sun that one of the top 3 clubs were showing interest in buying a franchise. Man C are not in the top 3, but are probably the only likely candidates to spend that kind of money. Chelsea & Arsenal already have some foot ball related tie ups in India at a small scale, Man U is already big. ManC obviously want to go there too.

No international cricket ..Just IPL over entire Year (like Football leagues)... i think this will happen in 50 years time....Cricket will become like baseball..played mainly in india :winky:
Yes, T20 and more T20..:yay:Let the sons of Dravid, Kallis, VVS rot in hell a decade from now:mad: Long live Afridi, Gul jrs:icflove:
there aren't enough top players in the world for that many teams
20*15 = 300 players:hmmm: There are atleast 20 players who enjoy central contracts in each of the nine test playing nation so that gives us 180 players. The rest(120 players) can be picked from the associate, domestics, etc. Ofcourse, the standard of the game will not be that good but a game between MI and KKR wud be as interesting as CSK v. DD:icflove:

Guest DeveGowda
Really:omg:
Thats what every news channels and Cricinfo says... current teams can hold 4 indian and 2 foriegn players i thnk...rest will go thru Auction... may be whole day Action ....

Guest DeveGowda
WTF. When is that?:dance:
some where around October i think... Also the 2 new teams will annaounced by march 8...bidding started if intersted plz apply theu BCCI...:giggle: (cricinfo)