The schedule of play.

king2be98

Today I got time to watch part of the game as I did the other day when Gilchrist got off to a rollicking start but I noticed some key things which really and I mean REALLY PISSED ME OFF. 1. These ridiculous time out/strategy breaks which just go on and on and on. They make an already agonisingly long game seem longer. 2. The number of adverts, here in the UK even in T20 cricket on Sky we are used to 2/3 overs of play without adverts and only after wickets. The same advert today played after 4 overs on the trot, that rubbish mobile phone advert. 3. The commentary is not commentary on cricket from knowledgable pundits, it's pre-fed advertising for the BCCI. I thought the whole point of T20 cricket was to reduce the amount of time taken for cricket matches and also tournaments, the games and the tournament are far too long. The last two T20 WCs have been huge successes because the matches came thick and fast and the tournament was over very quickly. The last 50 over tournament was a disaster of biblical proportions because it went on too long. The BCCI have a lot of power and money, but I'm afraid they're not doing cricket any favours like this. If the BCCI could get the IPL done and dusted inside of 3 weeks I think they'd grow in popularity even more and interest in cricket overall would increase. That said, just how good is Gilchrist, the guy has been away for a year and he comes back hits the ball like he's still 25. Champion. Hope the quality of cricket remains at the high standard that I witnessed in the first 2 seasons, hope these ridiculous time outs and breaks are removed entirely in future.

1.The time outs total 5 minutes. All the games have started at the correct time and all captains of the team that took longer than allotted time have been punished. My guess is that all the IPL games made better time than ICC games. 2.UK cricket is low on ads probably because noone wants to advertise. Its a norm in cricket to get an ad break every over. 3. Its on par with other games although the whole DLK maximum and carbon kamal catch are too low for cricket. The T20 WC were successful in what sense? Viewship? IPL collectively has more than that of WC (because its that long) and hence more money. This is league, not a knockout tournament. Did you complain about the length of EPL compared to the World cup?

1.The time outs total 5 minutes. All the games have started at the correct time and all captains of the team that took longer than allotted time have been punished. My guess is that all the IPL games made better time than ICC games. 2.UK cricket is low on ads probably because noone wants to advertise. Its a norm in cricket to get an ad break every over. 3. Its on par with other games although the whole DLK maximum and carbon kamal catch are too low for cricket. The T20 WC were successful in what sense? Viewship? IPL collectively has more than that of WC (because its that long) and hence more money. This is league, not a knockout tournament. Did you complain about the length of EPL compared to the World cup?
No its because people don't pay money to premium channels like Sky to watch Ads. Forget T20, even an Ashes test match wouldn't have breaks after every over. It is a norm in India, not in other parts of the world.

Is SKY PPV or on cable?
Sky is like Dish TV / Tata Sky. SkySports(1,2,3,4) is like ESPN/StarCricket/Star Sports - It is available both on Sky & Cable, but it is priced premium- its like 18 or 19 quid a month for just the Sky Sports channels, while you can get at least about 400 - Crapentertainment channel on Sky for around 16 quid. The more important thing though is there is a television regulator here to whom people can complain about all sorts of things that they don't like on TV and the regulator - Ofcom - can/will fine tv channels. Even this current IPL - the DLF/IPL/Team logo on the top left of the screen, that is blurred here on ITV because it is treated as extensive on screen advertisement

I can't remember which bowler it was, but in one of the overs in todays game there were 3 advertisements during the over, but there were no wickets taken. On top of that there were the adverts at the start and the end of the over. When the commentators said it's the timeout break, I just got up and left to do some other stuff, a T20 game should be quick and over quickly without such silly breaks. There may be a reason for it, but I certainly would prefer to watch cricket without the adverts and breaks. The other thing, every time an over was hit for 2 boundaries or more, which there were plenty "Oh it's a city moment of success", so every 2nd over today all I heard was city moment this city moment that, this isn't cricket, this is a big advertising event.

The other thing, every time an over was hit for 2 boundaries or more, which there were plenty "Oh it's a city moment of success", so every 2nd over today all I heard was city moment this city moment that, this isn't cricket, this is a big advertising event.
It is not a city moment, it is Citi moment:)

I can't remember which bowler it was, but in one of the overs in todays game there were 3 advertisements during the over, but there were no wickets taken. On top of that there were the adverts at the start and the end of the over. When the commentators said it's the timeout break, I just got up and left to do some other stuff, a T20 game should be quick and over quickly without such silly breaks. There may be a reason for it, but I certainly would prefer to watch cricket without the adverts and breaks. The other thing, every time an over was hit for 2 boundaries or more, which there were plenty "Oh it's a city moment of success", so every 2nd over today all I heard was city moment this city moment that, this isn't cricket, this is a big advertising event.
Its business and it makes money ONLY from advertising. If they dont maximize profits then its stupid to be in the business. If they wont make money from ads then who is gonna pay for these cricketers , grounds , staff etc , china or USA ? I understand that there are way too many ads but even with so many ads the viewership is not going down so they wont bother. As for 3 ads in an over, are you watching it on online stream ? if not then ask the broadcaster in your country. There is ONE ad ( 10 seconds) between every 7-8 overs. Even channel One in Aus is showing a lot of ads during every break, there are constant ads rolling at the bottom of the screen and its the nature of business.. We had similar ads between points during Aus open ( yes the one where they zoom to the big screen n play an ad) Stop whining :mad: