Kalinga Sena threatens to disrupt IPL matches in Cuttack

ViruRulez

Seems another fringe political party named Kalinga Sena and this time from Orissa who are copying MNS and SS to gain some cheap publicity. I could not stop laughing. Their demands were nearly the same as SS. Aussies out for race attacks, cheerleaders out, explanation of non-inclusion of Orissa cricketers in Indian team and tickets can only be sold through bank counters. I mean is this a joke? I just heard them and the only good thing is that Orissa police smashed their asses when they tried to block Gilly and the boys at Bhubaneswar airport. But it is not ending yet. Human rights group have moved Human Rights Commission for beating the jokers. On one way it is funny hearing another joke of a political party but on other hand I am also worried about the future if political parties start imitating and copying the crappiest political parties on earth like SS and MNS. Ok I am posting all the recent news that I found one by one. The only demand which the IPL had met is supposed to be the selling of tickets only through bank counters. But the tickets are not getting sold as per reports so is it one of the reasons that it is only sold in bank counters. Check out the following articles I found

Bhubaneswar, Feb 20 (IANS) The Kalinga Sena, a fringe political outfit in Orissa, Saturday again threatened to disrupt Indian Premier League (IPL) matches in Cuttack as the state cricket authorities had ignored their demands, one of which was barring Australian cricketers from playing.We had set four conditions. The OCA (Orissa Cricket Association) and the IPL have agreed to our demand of selling tickets through bank counters but other three are yet to be fulfilled. OCA has given us a challenge. We take it up and our activists will disrupt the matches if our demands are not met,” said Hemant Rath, the president of Kalinga Sena. “Our focus should be on our country’s interest first then the interest of cricket. Our students are attacked in Australia. How can we allow Australians to play?” he asked. Kalinga Sena’s two other demands are that cheer leaders should not perform and that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should explain the non-inclusion of Orissa players in the East Zone Duleep Trophy. In view of the threat, the OCA has also assured maximum security to each of the players playing in the IPL. Cuttack, a non-IPL franchisee city, got the chance to host the matches after Hyderabad-based franchisee Deccan Chargers picked Barabati Stadium as the venue, terming it their “catchment” area. The move was prompted by the violence in Hyderabad due to the agitation for a separate Telangana state. As per the revised IPL schedule, the Deccan Chargers would meet Kings XI Punjab on March 19 and Delhi Daredevils on March 21 at the Barabati stadium.

BHUBANESWAR: A day after the authorities announced that each and every aspect of IPL including cheer girls would be part of two matches at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack scheduled next month, a fringe outfit on Saturday said they would not allow any 'skin' show in Orissa. "Our members will disrupt the matches (if cheer girls perform)", Kalinga Sena president Hemanta Ratha said. The cheer girl concept, "a vulgar show of skin", is against Orissa's tradition and culture, Ratha said adding it was also not acceptable to see Australian players on field when Indians were victims of racial attack in their country. Kalinga Sena came to lime light in 2007 by engineering an assault on the then India cricket coach Greg Chappell. Though Sena had earlier issued a warning against cheer girl performance and participation of Australian players in Cuttack matches, their threat was ignored by the IPL delegation that inspected the Barabati Stadium on Friday. "It has been our practice to have cheer girls in our matches everywhere. They will be here too," Director of Deccan Chargers Venkat Reddy said. Deccan Chargers' will take on Kings XI, Punjab and Delhi Daredevils here on March 19 and 21 respectively.

Over 30 activists of the Kalinga Sena, a fringe political outfit in Orissa, were Monday arrested at the Biju Patnaik Airport here for protesting against the Australian players in the Indian Premier League (IPL), police said. Hundreds of Kalinga Sena activists staged a protest when the Deccan Chargers team arrived at the airport for an IPL matche to be played at Cuttack's Barabati Stadium March 19. However, before the protesters could reach the team, the players were whisked away amid tight security to their hotel. 'We have detained more than 30 people when they were protesting at the Biju Pattnaik Airport,' said Himanshu Lal, Bhubaneswar deputy commissioner of police. Police cane charged the slogan-shouting protesters when they attempted to break through the police cordon. The Kalinga Sena had earlier threatened to disrupt IPL matches in Cuttack unless Australian cricketers were barred from playing and the cheerleaders were excluded from the game. Cuttack, a non-IPL franchisee city, got a chance to host matches after the Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers picked Barabati Stadium as a venue, terming it as their 'catchment' area. The Deccan Chargers will meet Kings XI Punjab March 19 and Delhi Daredevils March 21.

Human rights activists move OHRC over police action against Kalinga Sena

BHUBANESWAR: A group of human rights activists on Tuesday moved the Orissa Human Rights Commission against Monday's police action against Kalinga Sena members. Police had resorted to lathicharge on the Sena activists when they were protesting against inclusion of Australian cricketers in IPL-III matches. "Members of Kalinga Sena had taken to peaceful modes of agitation against participation of Australian players in the IPL in front of Bhu-baneswar airport. But the police suddenly attacked the protesters," said Manoj Jena, one of the petitioners. Jena added that the Sena had earlier requested the Australian players to wear black badges while playing the match to show solidarity with Indians facing racist attack in Australia. "But when the players refused to do so, the Sena workers protested against it. The situation was not serious enough for the police to react that way," a petitioner said. They claimed that the police action have at times been overdone and urged the commission to conduct an impartial inquiry into the incident.

Poor response to IPL tickets in Orissa which debuts as host city with Cuttack

There is poor response to tickets for the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches to be played in Cuttack in Orissa later this month, an official said Sunday. “There has been lukewarm response,” Orissa Cricket Association (OCA) secretary Ashirbad Behera told IANS. Cuttack, a non-IPL franchisee city, got the chance to host the matches for the first time after the Hyderabad-based franchisee Deccan Chargers picked Barabati Stadium as one of its venues terming it as their "catchment" area. Deccan Chargers would play against Kings XI Punjab March 19 and Delhi Daredevils March 21 at Barabati, 26 km from here. "All tickets get sold in a day when we host ODIs but in the case of IPL matches, the response is not as good even when the prices of the tickets have been reduced by more than 30 to 50 percent," he said. Behera said as many as 42,000 tickets were to be sold -- 21,000 for each match. But only 6,000 tickets had been sold -- 5,000 at Cuttack and 1,000 at Bhubaneswar till Saturday. Seeing the poor response OCA has stopped selling tickets at Bhubaneswar Sunday although it is still selling tickets at Cuttack, he said, adding that about 10,000 tickets were however already sold by OCA franchises across the state. "The college and school examinations are on in the state and the students and their parents are busy in that. Maybe because of that the response is not as good," he said.

I remember meeting a cook from Orissa , he used to cook at a food van. After a cyclone hit his village and killed 100s of people I asked him that he must be sad today and he replied " they were all dead anyway , its good that they are not bearing pain anymore " There is so much poverty and so many natural calamities hit that state and still these dumb****s couldnt think of helping the poor or raising valid issues and are concerned about fecking Aussies , short skirts and what not :mad: IPL can bring money into the local economy and create jobs but these illiterate dumb idiots wouldnt have any idea about how economy works

I remember meeting a cook from Orissa , he used to cook at a food van. After a cyclone hit his village and killed 100s of people I asked him that he must be sad today and he replied " they were all dead anyway , its good that they are not bearing pain anymore " There is so much poverty and so many natural calamities hit that state and still these dumb****s couldnt think of helping the poor or raising valid issues and are concerned about fecking Aussies , short skirts and what not :mad: IPL can bring money into the local economy and create jobs but these illiterate dumb idiots wouldnt have any idea about how economy works
Friends in army told me that the most miserable people they encounter was in orissa where they dont even have anything to cover their body. Height of poverty
I have lived there for many years and I can tell you that poverty is a very serious issue there. However, when I lived there, people were very peace loving inspite of the poverty. They are not very intelligent, but were very loyal and free from crime. However, in the last decade or so the place has changed. It all started when an Australian missionary was burned alive along with his tow small sons by the locals led by a goon from UP. Things have gone worse since then. The innocence of the mostly uneducated locals has been exploited for political benefit and where people still remain poor as they were, the place has lost it's peace.

:haha::haha::haha: I now hear Ramdev baba is forming his own sena(party)...so now he'll come and oppose IPL..cz they have cheerleaders without clothes :((
I think Ramdev is an admirer of well shaped and built bodies. I dont think he will oppose to cheer leaders. He may however teach them pranayam to become even sexier.

If only Ramdev had a look at some gori leggy cheerleader babe' date=' his slant eye problem would've got a instant fix :winky:[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I think Ramdev is an admirer of well shaped and built bodies. I dont think he will oppose to cheer leaders. He may however teach them pranayam to become even sexier.
The day that happens..i is taking sanyas and becoming his bhakt :--D

I have seen Baba ramdev in some of the discussions and he seems like a very intelligent person. He may or may not be neta material but no doubt he is an intelligent person ( BTW he is not obsessed with Hindutva either )
I agree. My mom and dad follow his yoga classes on TV quite regularly since many years .. he is a good yoga guru but I feel that he might tarnish his reputation by joining politics .. he would anyways remain a small politician as a baba (I know he is not a baba in the real sense) would never be a big politician at least in modern India .. it is a taboo attached with society as a whole which would never accept a baba as a political head easily .. if he was Mr. Ramdev then he might have done a lot better BTW everything went off peacefully and so the Kalinga Sena fringe seems to be a publicity stunt .. but they did not even get proper publicity as hardly any news channel even covered them .. their gimmick was a failed publicity stunt :hysterical:

I agree. My mom and dad follow his yoga classes on TV quite regularly since many years .. he is a good yoga guru but I feel that he might tarnish his reputation by joining politics .. he would anyways remain a small politician as a baba (I know he is not a baba in the real sense) would never be a big politician at least in modern India .. it is a taboo attached with society as a whole which would never accept a baba as a political head easily .. if he was Mr. Ramdev then he might have done a lot better BTW everything went off peacefully and so the Kalinga Sena fringe seems to be a publicity stunt .. but they did not even get proper publicity as hardly any news channel even covered them .. their gimmick was a failed publicity stunt :hysterical:
viru on a lighter note bud dont spend too much time with laptop, go get laid lollllzzz