Is this finally the end for Kaif?

Re: Is this finally the end for Kaif?

why hasn't he piled up the runs in tests so far or is a 33 average what you expect of our middle order bats?
How do you expect someone to score when they never get any chances. He has got just 13 Tests in 6 years... :roll:Do me a favour and look up VVS Laxman's batting average in his first 13 tests.
Are you seriously tring to compare the class of Laxman to Kaif. He is not fit to tie his shoelaces. Kaif would and never will be able to conjure up some of the magical knocks of VVS. By mentionong Laxman you prove my point of class required and Kaif certainly does not fit the billing of class

Re: Is this finally the end for Kaif? rubbish. VVS Laxman's first FOURTEEN Tests (before he scored that glorious 167 vs Aussies in Sydney) were poor. he scored five 50s and no 100s at an average of 26. http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?sdb=player;playerid=3317;class=testplayer;filter=advanced;team=0;opposition=0;notopposition=0;homeaway=0;continent=0;country=0;notcountry=0;groundid=0;season=0;startdefault=1996-11-20;start=1996-11-20;enddefault=2006-07-02;end=1999-03-01;tourneyid=0;finals=0;daynight=0;toss=0;scheduleddays=0;scheduledovers=0;innings=0;followon=0;result=0;seriesresult=0;captain=0;keeper=0;dnp=0;recent=;viewtype=aro_list;runslow=;runshigh=;batposition=0;dismissal=0;bowposition=0;ballslow=;ballshigh=;bpof=0;overslow=;overshigh=;conclow=;conchigh=;wicketslow=;wicketshigh=;dismissalslow=;dismissalshigh=;caughtlow=;caughthigh=;caughttype=0;stumpedlow=;stumpedhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype and as i have mentioned before, in ODIs Kaif scored three 50s in WI, repaying the selectors' faith in him through a bad patch, only to be dropped for 6 of the next 11 games. It is common knowledge of how Kaif has not got enough chances in Tests. 11 Tests in 6 years? cmon. I am not saying it was wrong to drop him before. He may not have been ready in 2000. in '04 he was always going to be a replacement for SRT or Ganguly (even though he was one of the few who did well vs Australia) and rightfully made way when they came back. but what now, when he's got the scores to merit selection?

rubbish. VVS Laxman's first FOURTEEN Tests (before he scored that glorious 167 vs Aussies in Sydney) were poor. he scored five 50s and no 100s at an average of 26.
let's not go there. see VVS' first test and see who he scored his 50 against and in what cause. then scroll down and see what he scored opening against the aussies in the 2nd test and in what cause. mohammad kaif has been dumped and for a good reason. he simply will not be winning us any tests. time to use such valuable slots for grooming the successors to RD and SRT and VVS.

Re: Is this finally the end for Kaif? Really don't see your points. So basically every time a batsman plays rubbish for years. Keep them in the team cos we must all remember that VVS struggled initially, then came back to be the classiest of class batters. On that argument we should never drop anyone cos they will all be as good as VVS if we stick them. If only :roll: Please guys can't you see how ridiculous it is to even compare Kaif to VVS. Kaif is poor, he does not have the class of Laxman. Please stop comparing kaif to him. It only enhances the point that Kaif is simply not good enough and we must and can do better.

Are you seriously tring to compare the class of Laxman to Kaif. He is not fit to tie his shoelaces. Kaif would and never will be able to conjure up some of the magical knocks of VVS. By mentionong Laxman you prove my point of class required and Kaif certainly does not fit the billing of class
OH FOR F*CKS SAKE. Don't be such a simpleton ! I didn't bring up the point about Laxman just for the hell of it, and I AM NOT trying to compare Kaif with Laxman in terms of their ability as batsmen !!! MY POINT was that 13 measly matches over 6 years ISN'T A FAIR REPRESENTATION OF ANY PLAYER. IF you think Kaif is sh*t based on a measly 13 tests he has played over the course of half a decade, then you are just being hypocritical. IF we had a board like this back in '99, i am sure you have said the same thing about Laxman then ? "aaaah, f*ck him - 13 matches and he averages a sh*tty 33, get rid of him, blah blah blah". Give the guy a few straight series to prove himself and let's see how he does. IF he can't score, then drop him. But when he IS SCORING (ie; 220 runs in his last series @ 50 + the 90 @ Nagpur + OUTSCORING ALL of your FC heroes in the Ranji) then dropping him makes no sense. On the basis of his recent performances, he is entitled to get that long rope. What also doesnt make sense is people ignoring each and every FACT presented to them thoroughly disproving every single one of their arguments and being unable to look at things objectively !! This is my last post in this thread, i've said pretty much everything i could. from this point on, i'd only be repeating myself. Look at the stats posted by Dhondy, myself, Dhruv, and then read your own posts...after every single one of your myths have been busted, your whole basis for dropping him basically comes down to him "not being able to hold a bat" (LOL) and the lack of power behind his shots...roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Ok' date=' pray tell me what he averages in hist last 25 ODIs (and I am pretty sure he played most of them in a row).[/quote'] Since when were we talking about ODI's...? Dude, i never expected you to quit so early and try to change the subject so soon...roll.gif
If you had followed the thread, you would have known it was in response to dhruv's post about Kaif not playing more than 11 consecutive tests causing his average to be at a pathetic 33. I am trying to use ODIs as an analogy to show that it doesn't matter whether the guy has played consecutively or not. He does and will suck.