( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!

Mamu

( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I find it it strange that a lot of posters here seem to think that Modi is either this all powerful being who can't be pinned down at all for his mis demeanours or somebody who is the saviour of Indian cricket and can do no wrong whatsoever. Even more applaing is this attitude that this happens in all business in India and abroad i.e. corruption is a way of life and we should just get on with it.

Match fixing seems too far fetched...since the 4 best teams normally made it to the semifinals for the last 3 editions of IPL. I love how our media pass judgment without any proof or while the actual investigation is still going on. The ruling party always seem to have the media in their pockets.

I find it it strange that a lot of posters here seem to think that Modi is either this all powerful being who can't be pinned down at all for his mis demeanours or somebody who is the saviour of Indian cricket and can do no wrong whatsoever. Even more applaing is this attitude that this happens in all business in India and abroad i.e. corruption is a way of life and we should just get on with it.
Agree. Makes me wanna :wall:

Just woke up and opened the TV .. it seems it is getting serious now .. they are saying that the IT reports said that Lalit Modi might be holding partial ownership in 3 IPL teams .. they also said that L Modi might be running a betting scandal and they named a few persons who might be working proxy for Modi in IPL betting .. and they are also saying that upto 16 IPL matches might have been fixed .. all the IPL teams have been now told by the Income Tax department to disclose all papers and documents of team ownership by Friday ... out of the franchisees KKR, RR and KXIP are under the scanner as per reports and Modi supposedly has hidden stakes in all these 3 franchisees Meanwile halla in Lok Sabha too.. all opposition parties are saying IPL and all related money matters has to be probed by govt. ... Laloo Yadav is saying IPL should be stopped :giggle: .. Mulayam Singh Yadav is saying that IPL is a "videshi khel" and so he wants it to be stopped :rofl:

ok found this thread here .. I woke up and saw this news as I switched on the TV but did not find this news in IPL forum ... so thought nobody knew it .. I agree that I might agree to most other points but I am not sure about match fixing ... but to be frank if he was doing proxy betting through Betfair as Times Now are claiming then it is surely possible .. I mean he can put money on the underdog on that day and then fix it so that the underdog wins and he wins millions of dollars ... but then match fixing cannot be done without players and I dont think players will do so

Meanwhile news channels are also showing Lok Sabha where opposition parties are demanding official probe into IPL .. Laloo Yadav is saying IPL should be stopped or govt. should take over .. Mulayam Singh Yadav is saying that IPL is a "videshi khel" and so he wants it to be stopped :giggle: Zee News on the other hand is having a field day and the news presenters are laughing while reading the news that some opposition parties are saying that IPL should be closed down .. they seem to be enjoying the news :hmmm:

Just woke up and opened the TV .. it seems it is getting serious now .. they are saying that the IT reports said that Lalit Modi might be holding partial ownership in 3 IPL teams .. they also said that L Modi might be running a betting scandal and they named a few persons who might be working proxy for Modi in IPL betting .. and they are also saying that upto 16 IPL matches might have been fixed .. all the IPL teams have been now told by the Income Tax department to disclose all papers and documents of team ownership by Friday ... out of the franchisees KKR' date= RR and KXIP are under the scanner as per reports and Modi supposedly has hidden stakes in all these 3 franchisees Meanwile halla in Lok Sabha too.. all opposition parties are saying IPL and all related money matters has to be probed by govt. ... Laloo Yadav is saying IPL should be stopped :giggle: .. Mulayam Singh Yadav is saying that IPL is a "videshi khel" and so he wants it to be stopped :rofl:
If IT thinks they know it all, then go ahead and arrest him or get arrest warrant. ffs are they just wanting to get a piece of the media masala on tv or are they playing around for awhile and letting go of the issue.

ok found this thread here .. I woke up and saw this news as I switched on the TV but did not find this news in IPL forum ... so thought nobody knew it .. I agree that I might agree to most other points but I am not sure about match fixing ... but to be frank if he was doing proxy betting through Betfair as Times Now are claiming then it is surely possible .. I mean he can put money on the underdog on that day and then fix it so that the underdog wins and he wins millions of dollars ... but then match fixing cannot be done without players and I dont think players will do so
I dont think the odds would have been at massive odds even for the underdog. And to make millions you have to pour in millions, it would have been fishy because betfair would have picked it up and reported it.

I dont think the odds would have been at massive odds even for the underdog. And to make millions you have to pour in millions' date=' it would have been fishy because [b']betfair would have picked it up and reported it.
why would have betfair reported it .. they would have been making the moolah too .. yes it is not easy but it is not impossible too

I dont think the odds would have been at massive odds even for the underdog. And to make millions you have to pour in millions' date=' it would have been fishy because betfair would have picked it up and reported it.[/quote'] I am no expert on betting, but RR was by all accounts the underdog at the beginning ofthe IPL1 and the odds would have been massive. For eg. The odds of Bangladesh winning World T20 is 89/1. A 10,000 pound bet placed on Bangladesh online would go unnoticed, if it is split across a syndicate of 5 people i.e. 5 ppl pace £2000 bets and if you can fix bangladesh to win that would give you a return of 890000 pounds. Thats a few million Rupees. Imagine this on Afghanistan with odds of 519/1.

I dont think the odds would have been at massive odds even for the underdog. And to make millions you have to pour in millions' date=' it would have been fishy because betfair would have picked it up and reported it.[/quote'] Does anyone have experience with how Betfair works - ie, what are the kind of things that you can place bets on ? During the Hansie Cronje affair, it was about trivial things - Derek Crookes opening the bowling, Henry Williams giving away so many runs etc. Modi can influence minor things like batting first or opening with certain bowlers. But more than that would be impossible to do as you day without too many people knowing it

Seriously imo this is all a mud throwing competition. there hasnt been a single source available for all this hungama. What was IT department doing during the last 3/4 years?????? Oh thats right everything was fine until Modi tickled the the kangressman Tharoor.

Does anyone have experience with how Betfair works - ie, what are the kind of things that you can place bets on ? During the Hansie Cronje affair, it was about trivial things - Derek Crookes opening the bowling, Henry Williams giving away so many runs etc. Modi can influence minor things like batting first or opening with certain bowlers. But more than that would be impossible to do as you day without too many people knowing it
Most UK bets have In game bets - for eg, next wkt will be out caught, x batsman will score more than y runs or udner y runs this keeps changing constantly, team total will be under/ over x runs. Then there are bets before match, how many runs will be scored in first ball of match, first over of match. There are so many markets. These are normal here.

Modi

Mr. Lalit Kumar Modi, Chairman & Commissioner, Indian Premier League (IPL) has rubbished the front page article that appeared today in the Economic Times under the title "I-T Blows The Lid off IPL Sleaze - Lalit Modi charged with Betting & Laundering." Describing the article as absolutely baseless, ill founded and motivated, Lalit Modi said that he will initiate appropriate legal action against such defamatory and malicious campaign against him by a motivated section of media.
:popcorn: :cheer: Modi

I don't think anyone would risk fixing whole matches today. Too many people would have to be involved. They could easily have spot-betting, where they'd just have to convince a few players and make bets on certain deliveries
His constant presence on the camera during the matches will be good evidence. :winky: