( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!

Mamu

( DLF )Modi -- Tharoor Showdown!!  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Praful Patel, Sharad Pawar's son-in-law involved in IPL? NDTV Correspondent, Thursday April 22, 2010, New Delhi In his interview to NDTV just two days ago, Civil Aviation Minister and NCP leader Praful Patel had vehemently denied that he or his family had anything to do with the Indian Premier League (IPL). (Read: Praful Patel to NDTV: No link with cricket, IPL) But now a report in the Economic Times claims that Praful's personal secretary Champa Bharatwaj had sent an email with documents attached to Shashi Tharoor on March 19, just two days before the bids for the two new IPL teams opened. The documents in the email to Tharoor reportedly contained projections of new franchisee valuations of the IPL. Significantly, the mail was sent just two hours after the same document was sent by the IPL CEO to Praful's daughter and IPL hospitality manager Poorna Patel. The newspaper, however, has quoted Poorna Patel as saying that she was only acting under IPL CEO Sundar Raman's instructions. But that according to the paper has been denied by Raman, who the paper quotes as saying that he had sent it to Poorna Patel as a key member of the IPL team, but did not know why she forwarded it to the minister's office. Two days after this document was forwarded to Shashi Tharoor, the Kochi consortium supported by him sprang a surprise by making the second-highest bid. But Praful Patel has been quoted by the newspaper as saying that his secretary was only forwarding the information requested by Shashi Tharoor. "Shashi and I have been friends and he did ask me whether I could help him with some information in the capacity of a friend, since he was putting together a team from Kochi. I spoke to Lalit and told him that Shashi wanted some information. Beyond that, I don't know what information has been passed. If I was a bidder, why would I help out a competitor with information?" he told the newspaper. Praful's daughter Poorna Patel admitted that she had forwarded the mail to her father's secretary, but said she was only following CEO Sundar Raman's instructions. "Sundar had given me certain instructions and I was merely following that. Other than that I have no idea," she said. In an interview to NDTV just two days ago, Praful Patel had spoken out about the allegations that have been made against him. Reacting to reports about alleged proxy stakes, Patel had said this is just a slander campaign. He said he had nothing to do with the IPL. The Economic Times also claims that NCP Chief Sharad Pawar's son-in-law, Sadanand Sule, has a stake in the IPL broadcaster which is facing allegations of kickbacks and was raided on Wednesday. Now there are more insider reports that NCP President Sharad Pawar's son-in-law Sadanand Sule controls about 10 per cent stake in MSM, formerly Sony Entertainment Television, the official broadcaster of IPL. Sule holds the stake via power of attorney from his father B R Sule, the well-regarded former Managing Director of Mahindra and Mahindra, who has held the stake since 1992. But speaking on our show India Decides two days ago, Sharad Pawar's daughter Supriya Sule had denied allegations that her husband had any links with the IPL.

IPL money tracked to Lalit Modi's bank account IPL money tracked to Lalit Modi’s bank account, Thursday April 22, 2010, New Delhi The Enforcement Directorate (ED) while investigating financial transactions of the Indian Premier League (IPL) have found that a bank account of Lalit Modi received funds from some franchisee owners. (Read: Modi questioned about IPL broadcast rights deal) The Bank account maintained at Royal Bank of Scotland by Modi received funds from Suresh Chellaram, a stakeholder in Rajasthan Royals and a relative of Modi. (Read: Lalit Modi takes on BCCI with e-mails) The funds were transferred during the last four months, a top ED official told a leading newspaper. (Read: Focus on Modi's land deals) The ED is now trying to finding out the nature of the transactions and how much funds came from overseas accounts.

Some latest developments: 1. Modi was interrogated by ED officiclas for over 6 hours today. It is believed that they are still with him. One news channel goes to the extent of saying that a case has been filed against him for violation of FEMA. 2. NCP leader Praful Patel is deep in the controversy now due to the email sent by his secretary to Tharoor. Manmohan Singh has just had a meeting with Pranab Mukherjee to discuss the role of NCP leaders, including Pawar in this controversy.

Seriously..........has any piece of news been fully backed up by evidence? So far they have bombarded with so much random cra p and only three or things have come out 100% clear. 1. A meeting is gonna take place on 26th to decide Modi's fate.:banghead: 2. Congress are trying to feck over Modi 3. IPL franchise are telling Shashank Manohar to feck off :giggle: 4. Sharad Powar is trying to bail himself out by making Modi the scapegoat. :nono:

Seriously..........has any piece of news been fully backed up by evidence? So far they have bombarded with so much random cra p and only three or things have come out 100% clear. 1. A meeting is gonna take place on 26th to decide Modi's fate.:banghead: 2. Congress are trying to feck over Modi 3. IPL franchise are telling Shashank Manohar to feck off :giggle: 4. Sharad Powar is trying to bail himself out by making Modi the scapegoat. :nono:
One more thing, I never realized that our regulatory and investigative agencies such as IT, ED and Corporate Affairs have become so media friendly. Barely is a raid or search or interrogation over that the news of incriminating evidence is flashed on news channels simultaneously!

One more thing' date=' I never realized that our regulatory and investigative agencies such as IT, ED and Corporate Affairs have become so media friendly. Barely is a raid or search or interrogation over that the news of incriminating evidence is flashed on news channels simultaneously![/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical: So true

One more thing' date=' I never realized that our regulatory and investigative agencies such as IT, ED and Corporate Affairs have become so media friendly. Barely is a raid or search or interrogation over that the news of incriminating evidence is flashed on news channels simultaneously![/quote'] well it happens if the raid is on a very popular person.. remem the raid that went on Jayalalitha's house.. cable Tvs... esp sun tv had a field day.. showing all her stuffs in the house.. nothing to be surprised abt this..

well it happens if the raid is on a very popular person.. remem the raid that went on Jayalalitha's house.. cable Tvs... esp sun tv had a field day.. showing all her stuffs in the house.. nothing to be surprised abt this..
And why should the ED, ET and crap etc......Reveal all the details of the investigation? :giggle: Maybe someone should investigate the ET, ED :hysterical:

well it happens if the raid is on a very popular person.. remem the raid that went on Jayalalitha's house.. cable Tvs... esp sun tv had a field day.. showing all her stuffs in the house.. nothing to be surprised abt this..
Getting inside the house is another thing, quoting Income Tax and ED officers is another. What's happening here is selective leakage of information from Government agencies which can not be termed as proper.