Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up?

Dhondy

Re: Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up? :) ARE YOU GETTIN IT???!! YES ARMAGEDDON IT!!! Quality song. Bit before my time but im going through an experimental phase at the mo and have d/loaded loads of 80s rock. Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Scorpions and a few random ones like Poison, L A Guns, Ratt- theyre not bad at all you know Van Halen are great. Right now is one of their best, Jump, Panama... Loads of good ones.

Re: Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up?

Van Halen !!! Right Now !! God i used to love that song. Grew up on Def Leppard, and U2
Def Leppard and U2 Rock !. My fav Def Leppard songs include Hysteria and Love Bites. Bono and the Gang are still going strong. In fact , U2 along with Pink Floyd happens to be my favorite group.

Re: Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up?

:) ARE YOU GETTIN IT???!! YES ARMAGEDDON IT!!! Quality song. Bit before my time but im going through an experimental phase at the mo and have d/loaded loads of 80s rock. Def Leppard, Motley Crue, The Scorpions and a few random ones like Poison, L A Guns, Ratt- theyre not bad at all you know Van Halen are great. Right now is one of their best, Jump, Panama... Loads of good ones.
Guns N Roses too..at one time the #1 rock band.

Re: Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up? The beatles were the greatest musicians/song writers ever. They shaped music to what it is today...rock,metal,punk,concept albums,east-weat fusion,rock-jazz......you name it,they probably have done it 40 years back.. "Here comes the sun" was not the beatles best,it was george harrisons best (the guitar player)..Listen to albums "revolver" or "sgt. peppers lonlely heart club band"..ofcourse these are not easy listening to those who have never listened to them before..having sold the highest number of albums/singles, being the richest musicians, having atleast 5 of the top 10 albums in almost most lists,at one point having all the top 5 songs on the billboards chart and still being remembered as the best there ever was 35 years after they broke up, does say something about them..doesnt it. Coming back to the break up, It had nothing to do with the death of lennon. they had broken up 10 years prior to that. The reason for their break up is as much as a mystery as area 51.......probably one of the biggest mystery that will go unanswered as one of the 2 ppl who knew for sure is dead already and the other is too rich/nice to put the blame on anyone else. There are speculations though. The most believed is that lennon and Mccartney wanted to take the band in a diff direction. Since their manager died a few years back, they didnt have a proper one. McCartney acted as pseudo-leader and everything was fine for a while. Up until the freaking untalented gold digging bitch ono came into the picture. Anyway they broke up and had few success after that...esp harrison, who up until then had only a 2 songs per album quota and was completely over shadowed by lennon-Mccartney. They will live on...

Re: Golden Oldies- The Big Bands- Why Did They Break Up? Guns N Roses were great. All time great rock band. Then there classic 80's heavy metal Iron Maiden (whos new album is good!) Judas Priest... The below for Dhondy...I thought they split up ages ago... ---------------------------------------- Pop group Beautiful South split Pop group The Beautiful South - known for such melodious hits as Song For Whoever, A Little Time, Perfect 10 and Rotterdam - have split. In a two-line statement, the Hull-based band, formed by former members of the Housemartins, attributed their break-up to "musical similarities". "The band would like to thank everyone for their 19 wonderful years in music," the statement said. The band's last album Superbi reached number six in the UK album chart. But their most recent single - 2006's The Rose of My Cologne - barely bothered the singles chart, peaking at 99. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6318345.stm