India Surrounded By Failed States...

Birbal2

Re: India Surrounded By Failed States... audio is jus messing with u fellas..... wen the need arises, audioman will be the first to remove his clothes, climb a tree and shoot arrows at enemies.... dont question his wits and patriotism....

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India Surrounded By Failed States...

Are you even vaguely aware with the concept of Namak Haram ?
not really. treason is a crime.
Just because I was born in a place, why should that force me to like it?
Not just because you were born. Because you chose to remain it's citizen or decide to live there. You give up a country's citizenship and not live there, you aren't bound by anything. This way one can ensure that in times of war or national crisis you can be trusted to be kept around.
Don't think so .. You got virtually free education on state money and left for greener pastures so u always owe it to the state and society which paid for it..

Guest dada_rocks

audio is jus messing with u fellas..... wen the need arises' date=' audioman will be the first to remove his clothes, climb a tree and shoot arrows at enemies.... dont question his wits and patriotism....[/quote'] I think he loves to stir the pot :lmao:

audioman - why the indifferent feelings towards your country of origin ?
Not too sure, but I think it is the feeling that I have been deprived of choice when it comes to this and if I didn't choose to be born here, why should I be forced to like it. Plus, I don't see it as right or wrong - just personal choice like everything else.
Not just because you were born. Because you chose to remain it's citizen or decide to live there. You give up a country's citizenship and not live there, you aren't bound by anything.
Would you call a desi family born and brought up in Britain, that supports India over England, traitors?

Sometimes u make me laugh.... if I had a choice I too would like to be made this optional but the fact is without state I will be persecuted by the rest of the stae people. If all of a sudden national boundary disappears from thsi face of earth that will great but I know ye mungeri laal ke haseen sapne hain.. Fact is there is security in number be it village panchayat block district state country continent. In nutshell nation is our need not other way round.
I fully understand what you mean DR. But this is from a very practical, "this is modern society and it needs its rules to exist" kinda philosophy. But that is not the point.

Not just because you were born. Because you chose to remain it's citizen or decide to live there. You give up a country's citizenship and not live there, you aren't bound by anything.
Would you call a desi family born and brought up in Britain, that supports India over England, traitors?
yes if those feelings cross the sporting arena into matters of national security. but supporting your country of origin when there is no conflict with your country of residence should be fine AFAIK. but dissing your country of origin EVEN when there is no conflict with your country of residence, now that is treason.

Do statements like "Our lousy politicians have turned India into a big mess" be considered dissing?
if you say it cause you want what's best for the country, no. but if you say it cause you take great pride in mocking your country (believe it or not, some like you do), yes.

So' date=' treason then becomes the personal opinion of the listener and what he thinks of the person behind the words and not the words in themselves.[/quote'] there are some clear legal definitions as well, in case you want to test it.

Re: India Surrounded By Failed States... I don't see this as treason at all. If Audio decides he has no affinities for his country of birth, that's his prerogative surely? A traitor is one that schemes against or harms his country's interests. Not liking the warts does not count as treason, so folks, please get off your high horse.

Guest dada_rocks

I don't see this as treason at all. If Audio decides he has no affinities for his country of birth' date=' that's his prerogative surely?.[/quote'] Except that Audio himself has acknowledged that he doesnt see any wrong in treason.
Yes his case id different he makes sure he underlines some negativity where nothing exists in first place.. he certainly is allergic to name india god knows why.. must have gotten free education on govt dime even in privtae engg colleges upto some extent govt doles do come so even if he went to one of those and feels he owes nothing to the country he is mistaken.... Namak-haram i guess is the right word

It is a choice to be patriotic or not. I am sure you cannot put up an argument why being unpatriotic is wrong.
Are you even vaguely aware with the concept of Namak Haram ?
KR do u know how this word came into being.. namak-haram .. I mean why namak why not chini-haram??
I have no idea. I guessing during British rule and something to do with salt tax.