FIFA World Cup 2010

dev.goswami

England's stars are known from Broadway to Brighton. Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and John Terry and other Premier League stars are seen even more on U.S. television than they are on British TV.
??? Other than Beckham, no other football player is widely known in the US

Any of the top three ranked teams: Spain, Brazil or Portugal may get knocked out in the quarters......Spain will easily top its group while Brazil and Portugal will most probably be the two to go though from their group. Spain will take on the second placed team from group G...so it will probably be Spain vs Brazil or Spain vs Portugal in the quarters :nervous:

Brazil will be champs again but 'El diego' is my man: Ganguly Since my childhood, I have been a big fan of football just like most Bengalis. There is a huge following of football here and hence it's quite natural for everyone to take a liking to the sport from a young age. And when you talk about football, you have to talk about Brazil in the same breath. For me, from the time I have been watching the game, football and Brazil are the same things. They are a top class side and play a very exciting kind of football that is always a pleasure to watch. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on them winning their sixth trophy this time. A few other teams like England and Argentina are also exciting and I will be following them closely too. The World Cup is the biggest event in the world and I am already excited about the prospects of not just watching top class football on TV but also at the grounds. I have tickets for a quarter-final and a semi-final match and am hoping to get my hands on one for the final too. I am certain watching a game in that atmosphere would really be something out of this world. :woot: My excitement for this World Cup has also increased manifold because my hero will also be playing a major role. Brazil may be my favourite team but as a footballer, there's nobody bigger than Diego Maradona. He is the greatest of them all. :hail:link