random rant

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

All u masters and bachelors guys PhD doesn't mean one knows or has to know about everything under the sun.. I have got three guys working under me, they will come to me with questions obviously expecting answer on software EDA tools to system architecture to circuit design from gate to transistor level to device physics to IC fabrication and when I fail to answer their questions particularly of EDA tools variety they give me this look as if I were some @#$%. so if any of u guys are making this mistake and reading this post my earnest exhortation please be informed, we are not one stop soln for everything.

Re: random rant

All u masters and bachelors guys PhD doesn't mean one knows or has to know about everything under the sun.. I have got three guys working under me, they will come to me with questions obviously expecting answer on software EDA tools to system architecture to circuit design from gate to transistor level to device physics to IC fabrication and when I fail to answer their questions particularly of EDA tools variety they give me this look as if I were some @#$%. so if any of u guys are making this mistake and reading this post my earnest exhortation please be informed, we are not one stop soln for everything.
yep, u need to know more :mad: i'm a bachelors student in ECE, and thats exactly what i do if i have a question :hic:

Guest dada_rocks

You need to work harder at finding out the answers, Dada. You are no good to them if you can't answer their queries. Sorry, not acceptable.
only if u knew doc what are they expecting.. anyway i try my best ..

Guest dada_rocks

i am just a bachelors and i work with several phds (in CS) who are total bozos and come to me for answers to everything' date=' and normally i have them. :hmph:[/quote'] good for u :wtg:

All u masters and bachelors guys PhD doesn't mean one knows or has to know about everything under the sun.. I have got three guys working under me, they will come to me with questions obviously expecting answer on software EDA tools to system architecture to circuit design from gate to transistor level to device physics to IC fabrication and when I fail to answer their questions particularly of EDA tools variety they give me this look as if I were some @#$%.
Havent you tried - if you can not convince them then confuse them?

Guest dada_rocks

All u masters and bachelors guys PhD doesn't mean one knows or has to know about everything under the sun.. I have got three guys working under me, they will come to me with questions obviously expecting answer on software EDA tools to system architecture to circuit design from gate to transistor level to device physics to IC fabrication and when I fail to answer their questions particularly of EDA tools variety they give me this look as if I were some @#$%.
Havent you tried - if you can not convince them then confuse them?
I told u intellectual dishonesty is not my forte.. I just can't do it,..

I told u intellectual dishonesty is not my forte.. I just can't do it,..
Then learn some tricks. See there are two problematic scenarios(atleast in my job). One scenario is that where in you know the answer but you just do not know that right then. You need some time and if you can confuse people and get that time I say go right ahead? The second scenario is where you have no clue at all and in that case you can tell them right then that you do not know. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: random rant interesting will try those tricks.. may be they will quit asking those questions meant for EDA tool administrators otherwise i have no problem

if they don't understand the bs - then let them know it is beyond their capacity
Bad idea. Tell someone that and you'd either have at worst, made an enemy for life and at best, pissed them off for a little while. Challenging/implying negetively on a coworker's intelligence level doesn't win you any friends even if you are a McDonalds burger flipper- nevermind disciplines that actually require brainpower. PS: DR- i know what you mean. My biggest phobia at workplace is that one day my boss is gonna show up and give me to work on something i got no idea on. So far it hasn't happened whenever i've worked in scientific/engineering capacity. But i know that day is right around the corner. I eventually intend to become a professor, maybe in my 40s and i'd hate to face a scenario where a student asks me something and i don't know how to do it. Particularly if they stick me in lecturing a 1st year physics or calculus course which i'd probably be really dull on after not dealing with them for 20 years or so.

Re: random rant Just turn every answer into a question. Example- Some Guy- DR how does this work? DR- How do you think it should work? Some guy- Maybe like this? DR- What makes you think that it would work like that? Some guy- Maybe because of this? DR- Why do you think THIS will make it work like THAT? You get my drift :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: