Looking for Laptop

Cricketics

Re: Looking for Laptop i have a compaq n800c, been running fine for almost 5 years. i used it for sw development and my wife uses it now just for wp and browsing. little noisy on the fan, but great as far as batter life and heating are concerned.

Re: Looking for Laptop I had a Dell. It was super heavy & had terrible overheating problems. I fixed it several times, but it broke down every time. The new ones arent much good either. Besides, all parts of Dell are proprietary - hard disk, RAM etc. You buy a Dell, u are stuck with it (may be not for a long time, as u'd be replacing it soon) I now own a Sony Vaio. Kool laptop, no issues. Very light, ideal for mobility. (My hard disk once went kaput, but it was not a laptop issue, it was a defective disk from Toshiba. I replaced it with a Fujitsu, its runnning fine now) Whatever laptop u get, get the one with the M-series chips. The old pentium chips suck, they will kill ur laptop in a couple of years. Laptops usually outdate themselves in 2-3 years. So u dont have to go for brand names. Even something like what Varun is suggesting (Asus) may be ok, as long as a guinea pig has tried it before. :hic:

Re: Looking for Laptop my laptop is still more or as fast as 90% of the computers used today and i got my laptop 2 years back....On the other hand i paid more than 2 laptops put together at that time,so sucks to be me. Anyway there are very powerful laptops as well, as long as you dont care about the weight and heat issues..I could heat my living room with just my laptop but knowing that mine wont be obsolete for atleast another 2 years is quiet good to know.