Men rule ? at least in workplace attitudes

Lurker

Re: Men rule ? at least in workplace attitudes WOMENS DAY http://xtraedition.indiatimes.com/specialcoverage/1700060.cms http://images.photogallery.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?photoid=1729594 Martina Navratilova Tennis superstar, Martina is a good sport. That is why on her last visit to India, the tennis champion decided to wear a sari and surprise everyone. Three cheers for the lady! When their country is being touted as the next superpower, will they lag behind? The Indian woman is no longer content to stay behind the shadows as her country and its men make the world sit up and notice. From Indira Nooyi to Sunita Williams, Aishwarya Rai to Shilpa Shetty, the Indian woman is becoming a force to reckon with. She is ready and she is fighting for her space and her identity - a global identity.

Re: Men rule ? at least in workplace attitudes

The entire scene in the movie goes like this: Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Aditi, You would have to look at that conversation in the context of the movie. If my memory serves me right Billy Crystal(Harry) plays the character of slightly..whats the word I am looking for..maybe hyper with a bit of eccentricity to him, while Meg Ryan(Sally) plays the character of a goody girl who comes across as High Maintanence(remember how she orders the sandwitch in the restaurant leaving Harry completly dumbfounded). My point being Harry's comments to Sally would be typical of the character and completely unlike that of say John Cussack in Serendipity(a good movie, you should watch it if you have not). In Harry met Sally the two characters slowly develop into friends and then great friends..and then the sexual attraction takes over. I can see that happening. I mean here you have two people, very close to each other, possibly more close to each other than anyone else..and have been like that for a long time. In such a situation there is bound to have an emotional connection which is hard to translate(or ignore). The trick of course is that if you have just one friend like that(specially if he/she is of opposite sex) then in some ways your world starts and ends with him/her. And then sexual attraction would be hard to ignore. On the other hand if you have more friends than one that physical aspect is relegated to background. Speaking of the movie I can still not stop laughing when I remember the old lady suggesting to the waiter, "I shall have what she is having"..hinting at Meg Ryan as the latter goes all :hic: xxx

How about remaining friends after breaking up with someone you were friends with before you started dating them?
That woule depend on the degree of friendship. In my opinion it is not so difficult to have a kind of relationship that is perhaps more acquaintance than best-friend kind. However it is not so easy to get back to best-friend kind once you have gone past the point of return. Also do bear in mind that it also depends on what each person wants. A lot of times the girl wants more than mere friendship, the same hold true for guy as well. So long as both have same expectation there can be an effort to roll back clock, otherwise it would be difficult. xx

How about remaining friends after breaking up with someone you were friends with before you started dating them?
It depends on the understanding of the people involved. It might happen that for few days both might not talk to each other as often as earlier. But being mature enough, both can come back to friendly terms. But if people involved take the breaking up as a major shock, it will take time to reconcile.

Dating/Valentines day etc are forbidden lingo for Hindu Activists or saffronist. There are few among them in this MB who maybe gritting their teeth! :wall:

Dating/Valentines day etc are forbidden lingo for Hindu Activists or saffronist. There are few among them in this MB who maybe gritting their teeth! :wall:
And dating /valentines day is acceptable to Islamists? Another case of pot calling the kettle black.

And if you have still have any questions on my stance .... feel free to ask them on those many threads where you find my stance to be wrong. Unlike you I dont shy away from providing straight answers. :wtg:
Well I dont know whether I should argue with you on the pathological strain of Hindu nationalism. Neo-fascists hate filled Hindutvas that you preach, kills innocent lives and leads the country towards a flawed democracy laced with religious fascism. I'm puzzled by the incredible stupidity and continued diabolic intend, dumbfounded as to why ?You? never seem ?to get it!?

Re: Men rule ? at least in workplace attitudes oh pls.....anyman who hasnt thought about sex with any girl hes friends with or met for more than 10 seconds is Gay(not there is anything wrong with it)...Its basic primal instincts. The very first time,men see women we "undress them with out eyes",just like the first time a women sees men,they start judging men by power or wealth. So aditi, when ur next boyfriend says tht he has his eyes only on you and no one else, hes lying. And guys, dont be surprised that girls in your office are more interested in ur doofus boss than you. As you can see i am an expert on relationships (even taking into consideration that i got no action since jan and the longest relationship i had in the last 5 years is for 3 months), i forgot to take the course on "groupism and sex". NO, i dont mean group sex. What i always wanted to know that why there are generally groups of friends with 1 girl and 3-4 guys rather than 2-3 girls with 2-3 guys.Even if there are 2 girls, the 2nd one is generally not pretty,meaning that there is usually only one attention worthy girl is a group.

So aditi, when ur next boyfriend says tht he has his eyes only on you and no one else, hes lying.
Yeah probably the biggest guy lie, standing alongside with "I was so busy the past few days I just had no time to call you" and "Oh I left my phone at home to charge and I had gone out with my friend." Lamesauce. Oh and my core group of friends is 3 girls and 2 guys. But both the guys are gay. Go figure. :hic:

Re: Men rule ? at least in workplace attitudes Erm....""I was so busy the past few days I just had no time to call you" and "Oh I left my phone at home to charge and I had gone out with my friend."" I have used that line and more often than not, its true. I am sometime just too busy. Its not that i dont have a couple of hours here and there,but honey when i get only a couple of hours a day, i would just like to relax,watch a will smith movie or chainsaw a few locusts.... and yes we would rather do that than spend time with you and no, it doesnt mean we love you less. It just means, we wanna have mindless fun for a few hours. Ofcourse, you are more than welcome to join us,but only if you can shut up during the movie (and not notice our hands down your blouse when we are thinking about Bridget Moynahan) and not tell us that the games have too much gore and violence. We dont ask you about you spending 1000$ on a ugly brown leather handbag,so dont ask us about our 20$ dvds and 60$ games. We dont ask about your lunch with your girlfriends and gay pals, dont ask us about my night with my friends. When you put us in situations like that, we will lie, cos lying is easier. Phew.......if only i had the balls to say all that to my ex-girlfriends, i believe i would have had longer relationships......probably would be dead too. And yes, i do leave my phone at home sometimes too cos i am absentminded.

Yeah probably the biggest guy lie, standing alongside with "I was so busy the past few days I just had no time to call you" and "Oh I left my phone at home to charge and I had gone out with my friend." Lamesauce. Oh and my core group of friends is 3 girls and 2 guys. But both the guys are gay. Go figure. :hic:
How disappointing for you 3 girls must that be :lol: