A must see "300"

zubinpepsi

Re: A must see "300"

ermm...... this movie is based on the comic book and loosely based on the history.....so before some history buff starts insulting this movie keep that in mind. Unfortunately the movie is being released here in April so i have to wait till the entire world watches it.....its very frustrating but oh well....i'm buying tickets for the first show. Can't wait.
actually its not that much of a stretch. in reality, there were not just 300, but another 600 thebians and a few hundred other, yet they did not number more than a thousand and the persian army was well over 20000, possibly around 50,000. but no where near the one million!
but history shows that persians were around a million

ermm...... this movie is based on the comic book and loosely based on the history.....so before some history buff starts insulting this movie keep that in mind. Unfortunately the movie is being released here in April so i have to wait till the entire world watches it.....its very frustrating but oh well....i'm buying tickets for the first show. Can't wait.
actually its not that much of a stretch. in reality, there were not just 300, but another 600 thebians and a few hundred other, yet they did not number more than a thousand and the persian army was well over 20000, possibly around 50,000. but no where near the one million!
nahi yaar... they had a strength of a million but at this particular battle known as the battle of thermopaylae, the persians mobilized only a small number of that million. the objective of this war was to delay the persians so that the greek army might escape to sparta and there meet with the other armies to defend the kingdom. this objective was achieved with remarkable success and i dont know if the movie shows it or not, eventually the persians were so comprehensively defeated in hand to hand combat that they simply retreated and rained down arrows on the spartans for several hours till they were all dead.

Not my kind of movie. I like action & all but in this movie there seems to be lot of MEN & NO women ( :mad: ) - so NO go for me. I loved Sin City though from Frank Miller. Want to see it again. Great movie.
did you know that they are making sequels to it?

nahi yaar... they had a strength of a million but at this particular battle known as the battle of thermopaylae, the persians mobilized only a small number of that million. the objective of this war was to delay the persians so that the greek army might escape to sparta and there meet with the other armies to defend the kingdom. this objective was achieved with remarkable success and i dont know if the movie shows it or not, eventually the persians were so comprehensively defeated in hand to hand combat that they simply retreated and rained down arrows on the spartans for several hours till they were all dead.
movie does not show that much

Guest dada_rocks

Re: A must see "300" Just imagine hwo i felt when 300 was playing in thare next door I was forced to watch Music and Lyrics. MY sister-in-law is in town and both these gals have been getting away with murder. Virtual slow castration of my will with the proverbial blunt kitchen knife with moth eaten handle and rusted blade has been on this week. :mad:

Just imagine hwo i felt when 300 was playing in thare next door I was forced to watch Music and Lyrics. MY sister-in-law is in town and both these gals have been getting away with murder. Virtual slow castration of my will with the proverbial blunt kitchen knife with moth eaten handle and rusted blade has been on this week. :mad:
i feel your pain... but trust me there is an easy resolution. buy the tickets alone, pretend that either you could only mange two or simply fake a stomach illness and slip out at the strategic moment.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: A must see "300" are yaar theare yahan khali para rahta hai ticket na milane ka sabaal hi nahin hai.. anyway my lovely sil left today so it's all fine and dandy..