WC Day 5: NZ v/s Slovakia, Portugal v/s I.Coast, Brazil v/s DPR Korea.

gaurav92

Guest Hiten.

What if all the teams in one group go on to draw all the games (goalless). How would they decide who would go in the next round :hmmm: For some reason, this world cup is lacking the bite :dontknow:

What if all the teams in one group go on to draw all the games (goalless). How would they decide who would go in the next round :hmmm: For some reason, this world cup is lacking the bite :dontknow:
Here are the rules :nice: TIE-BREAKER RULES : If two or more teams finish equal on points after all the group matches have been played, the following criteria shall be applied to determine the ranking : (1) Goal difference in all the group matches. (2) Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches. (3) Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question. (4) Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal after applying above criteria). (5) Greater number of goals scored in the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal after applying above criteria). (6) A drawing of lots by the Organizing Committee. And yes i agree with u this world cup is getting boring :mad: But my reason is that Brazil haven't played a game yet.So today will be the final day of getting bored from now on it ll be Brazil FTW :nice:

Guest Hiten.
Here are the rules :nice: TIE-BREAKER RULES : If two or more teams finish equal on points after all the group matches have been played, the following criteria shall be applied to determine the ranking : (1) Goal difference in all the group matches. (2) Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches. (3) Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question. (4) Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal after applying above criteria). (5) Greater number of goals scored in the matches between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal after applying above criteria). (6) A drawing of lots by the Organizing Committee.
These rules would only make sense and take into effect when there are goals scored by the countries. My query was what happens when all 6 games in group end as goalless draw.

These rules would only make sense and take into effect when there are goals scored by the countries. My query was what happens when all 6 games in group end as goalless draw.
When that happens, it will be intresting to see what they use But do you seriously think that a group will have all teams full of goalless draws :dontknow: