Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

DesiChap

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata

So since you don't want to be lectured by a non Bengali on Bengali issues, I don't want to be lectured by a non-Indian on Indian issues. Kapische?
Err sure whatever. This is a bengali issue more than anything else- or atleast, it is when it comes to Ganguly, bangladesh and all that.
And I said they will never ever support BD over the rest of India in anything.
WHO the hell is talking about supporting BD over India ? I said a loss to BD hurts less to many/most bengalis than a loss to someone else- just like a loss to your own bro hurts less than a loss to a stranger.
You claiming Bengalis to be more favourable to BD over the rest of India equates to them supporting BD over the rest of India.
I said Bengalis are more favourable to BD than rest of India IS TO BANGLADESH ! Do i have to spell it out every single freaking time ? It is comparing Bengal's attitude towards BD with rest of India's attitude towards BD, not comparing Bengal's attitude towards BD with Bengal's attitude towards rest of India ! This is why i categorically said a loss hurts less- not that we support BD.

Bengal loves its 'against-the establishment' characters.
Not true. If you read book by any cricketing greats of 70's(I frankly dont think you have but of course I could be wrong) they will all mention of one remarkable memory. Of how when Chandra would come on to bowl entire Eden Gardens would chant bowllllleeeed. Chandra was hardly anti-estbalishment. In fact he was too cool, to the extent to lacking balls(which you suggest Ganguly has) as you would ever find. I can go further back and point out players who have always been a Calcutta favorite but I hope that suffices.
As per Bengali players overlooked - well even right now as we speak, the best Indian pacer going around right now is a Bengali who's not in the team. And don't tell me its Bengali bais - Ranadeb is not a finished article but he has the very same things that made dada successful.
Hmmm thats a strong allegation of bias against Ranadeb Bose when you forget to apply basic reasoning. Here is the deal CC. In the current Indian team, specially in LOI, do you beleive bowling is the problem? Not really. The way Indian team plays, and has pretty much always played is that it shall go in with 4 bowlers. So who makes the list now, lets see. Zaheer Khan is a must and so is Munaf. These two are pretty much India's best LOI pace bowlers. One spinner is must and you have Bhajji(or Powar or Kumble, doesnt really matter). What that leaves you with is one solitary spot. And for this solitary spot you have Sreesanth, Agarkar, Pathan etc etc fighting. Are you telling me that Ranadeb Bose should have been drafted ahead of the Agarkar or Sreesanth? That too in WC? Its funny to even imagine that. Even funnier is the thought that had Bose failed it would have been another "reason" to suggest how Greg Chappell's experimentation doomed India!
As per talented Bengalis looked over - there is SS Paul for starters. A guy who got more bounce than anybody in India recently and has very good control.
Check my response about Ranadeb Bose.
There is Utpal Chatterjee- who was in the mid/late 90s what Powar is today
Yes but a quick reminder, unlike Bengalis I have never heard Marathis speaking of bias for not picking in Powar. Utpal Chatterjee was a decent spinner. His reason for not being picked was actually rather simple. He played in an era(early to mid 90s) when the lead Indian spinners were Anil Kumble and Venkatpathy Raju. This is nothing new in Indian history. Great spinners like Rajinder Goel, Padmakar Shivalkar etc never played a single International game(Utpal played 3 LOI by the way) because a certain Bishen Bedi was playing for India.
And how the hell can you forget Subroto Banerjee- completely screwed over by the lobby against him ?
Okay I will hold my horses on this one. For two reasons - 1) There were valid reasons why Subroto Banerjee was not picked. But I will answer that after my second point which is.. 2) Subroto Banerjee played the bulk of his career for BIHAR and NOT Bengal. At the time he was picked for India(91/92) he played for Bihar and continue to play for another 4 more years. He started playing for Bengal around 96 and retired in 98. So, whats your gripe with Banerjee? If anything it is the BIHARIS that should go up in arms, just like for Syed Saba Karim. xxxxxx

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata Nothing new About that. Only reason why Dhoni made it to the Indian team was that ganguly had watched him play on one of the Duleep trophy games and then informed others. Subroto Banerjee will always be rued. He was really a decent bowler. Maybe it is cause i saw him in jamshedpur where the track used to be a seamers paradise once upon a time before they made it into a featherbed. Utpal Chaterjee no comments. His was the era where we had really good spinners in the indian team all the time. and anyway there was only one spot in the indian cricket team from Bengal. Anyway Ganguly got to play Cricket for India only because of Dalmiya. Otherwise he would never have played for India that is sure. Are u comparing Bengals attitude with BD or the attitude of immigrant Bangladeshis in WB ??? Unless you have a huge rivalry you will not mind getting beaten by someone you know. That however is a simle fact.

Only reason why Dhoni made it to the Indian team was that ganguly had watched him play on one of the Duleep trophy games and then informed others.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i have seen it all now....

Nothing new About that. Only reason why Dhoni made it to the Indian team was that ganguly had watched him play on one of the Duleep trophy games and then informed others.
People on this forum will laugh at you, but since i am such a nice guy - i can happily point out to you why this comment can be dismissed as rubbish. Dhoni rose to prominence on his accord, by amassing lots of runs on India 'A' tours (namely the Nairobi series in the summer of '04 vs Pakistan) and the subsequent Deodhar Trophy matches. He was on the selectors radar long before Ganguly even knew who he was.

wtf is wrong with these retards.... :wall:
:lmao: :lmao: They are absolutely out of their minds and I am serious when I say that :duh: . They praise "Dada" so much that it is overwhelming and this is something that Ganguly truly does NOT deserve.

Nothing new About that. Only reason why Dhoni made it to the Indian team was that ganguly had watched him play on one of the Duleep trophy games and then informed others.
People on this forum will laugh at you, but since i am such a nice guy...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Warm welcome for Ganguly in Kolkata talking of balls dada is excepton and it does make sense bengalis who usually lak balls remember suharwardis comments that bengali hindus will hide under the table on mere sight of a kitchene knife.. well as per gandhiji hindu in general cowards but bengalis take the cake even among them.. I am not surprise why dada's attitude is worshiiped there, it's vicarious pleasure through dada for bengali folks:-)) PS: it's all in jest

Guest dada_rocks

Allright ' date=' strike out deep dasgupta.But his replacement Ajay Ratra was no great shake either. I would rate dasgupta better.[/quote'] If you talk of shafting(specially about wicket keeper) then I doubt anyone comes close to Syed Saba Karim. Here is his first class average. 120 games 7310runs@ 56.66 22Hundreds 33Fifty 243catch 55stumpings. How many wicket keepers have better First class average in India? He would routinely be overlooked for More,Pundit, Mongia and later on Dighe etc. But Bihar did not exactly go up in flames did it? Reason being simple, Saba Karim did get to play(though towards the end of his career) for India and did not exactly cover himself with great glory. xxxx
not to mention his wicket keeping was very tidy.... :wtg:

talking of balls dada is excepton and it does make sense bengalis who usually lak balls remember suharwardis comments that bengali hindus will hide under the table on mere sight of a kitchene knife..
Umm moderators, is it a bannable offence to make such racist and categorically false statements ? This chap has gone around saying Bengalis are cowards, bengalis are pussies, etc etc. several times in the past and why the fook is that tolerated ?

talking of balls dada is excepton and it does make sense bengalis who usually lak balls remember suharwardis comments that bengali hindus will hide under the table on mere sight of a kitchene knife..
Umm moderators, is it a bannable offence to make such racist and categorically false statements ? This chap has gone around saying Bengalis are cowards, bengalis are pussies, etc etc. several times in the past and why the fook is that tolerated ?
so, it was ok for you to claim that people of TN support terrorists?

Two wrongs don't make a right...

To say that the LTTE finds more support in TN than anywhere else in India is not inaccurate or racial slandering. To say that all Tamils or Bengalis or whatever are pussies or cowards is.

talking of balls dada is excepton and it does make sense bengalis who usually lak balls remember suharwardis comments that bengali hindus will hide under the table on mere sight of a kitchene knife.. well as per gandhiji hindu in general cowards but bengalis take the cake even among them.. I am not surprise why dada's attitude is worshiiped there, it's vicarious pleasure through dada for bengali folks:-)) PS: it's all in jest
Be careful about not making generalizations, Dada. You won't like it if somebody sandbags the Biharis, will you? It's a pretty stupid line from you, in keeping with your Muslim bashing, i must say. There are many Bengalis here. Please respect their sentiments.

Funny really, but go back to bengal bashing and distorting what was said

Funny really, but go back to bengal bashing and distorting what was said
So, you think this guy who brings up Southies in a demeaning manner in several unrelated threads has the right to complain to the mods? And FYI, if you read this thread from the top, I am the one defending Bengalis saying they wouldn't be "less happy" if they lost to India.