Important - please vote here.

gator

Re: Important - please vote here.

I don't get this - obviously if Bengalis moved to Siberia and then started eating reindeer, i'd then be the bengali culture. But yes, its obviously due to the location - location influences culture far more than arbitary lines on a map. Thats what i've been saying all along. So are you unwittingly agreeing with me ? :hic:
So location influences culture. Good to see we agree on that. And what is location if not the land, the country?? What you define as arbitrary lines on map are actually what is defining your culture. So guess who defines your affinity...those very lines on map. In other words your country. xxx

And what is location if not the land, the country??
Land is not country. The land deciedes culture- yes- but is NOT according to some arbitary and continously changing line on the map but much more so by geographic features. That is why culture north of the himalayas is distinctly different from the south of it - the geographical barrier. Its the geography of the land, not the arbitary boundaries in the map that deciede cultural propagation and influences. Culture spreads due to human interactions- which are determined ( or atleast, have been so without any exception until very very recently) by geographical feature that facilitates/inhibits travel. It has nothing whatsoever to do with some line in the map that makes a country.

Gator you didnt answer me - are you a compsci dude ? PS: You know what they say about self-proclaimed victors. :hic:
i am not... i am as far from software, as anyone can be.... i didnt claim victorious.... but definitely 77% of the people on this board managed to take a peek at ur hollowness.... which must be pretty embarrassing....

which must be pretty embarrassing....
Err no it isnt. And i've already explained why several times. Its obvious that you either do not get it or refuse to get it. But the fact is, this poll has little or no significance unless you conduct it in a site where the overwhelming population is not NRI. :wall:

Since when did living in "THAT" country become a requirement to vote on its relevance to a individual ?
If you are talking about the culture/current trends and traits that are developing now, etc etc, you have to be living in 'THAT' country to become relevant. If someone asks 'Are Indians patriotic ?', the answer to that question is found amongst Indians in India - not NRIs. If someone asks ' are Russians patriotic', you don't ask 1st gen. Russian-Americans but you ask Russians in Russia. Its a rather simple concept that i expected your little brain to stumble over since your brain sees jingoism first and everything else second. As i said- when was the last time you saw a scientific poll about a society being drawn based on a few handful of immigrants from that society living overseas ? When was the last time you saw CNN or Gallup conduct a poll about cultural trends in America based on Americans living in Europe ??
I mean not long ago you summararily proclaimed that you and travellers like you knew more about New Yorkers than I did
That is because i probably do and so do the well travelled ones. Its not something i would expect a couch-potato to understand.

Likewise the NRIs probably do understand more or atleast as good as the pure-ones about India
Err no, they do not. If you read some of the most acclaimed sociologists, including our Desi ones who use Guyana as a case-study, you will find that NRIs/immigrants/expats are NOT a good reflection of attitudes or mentalities of their stock culture because immigrants tend to get isolated and develop a more pronounced sense of homesickness/love of the motherland over time. This is why you do not see CNN conducting polls amongst Americans living in Europe to draw conclusions about American society today.
If Iam a couch potato you are as mobile as a dead dog
You are free to think so. But if you ever want to go down the 'you and me, outside, right now, lets settle this' route, you will find out - to your peril- how much of a 'dead dog' i am. And don't worry- if you do want to go down that road, i promise to leave my SiG at home.

Ones loyalities to their motherland are hard to change whether that person lives in India or elsewhere
It is not a question of loyalty but being 'in touch' with the motherland and its culture. That is the aspect that lacks with most NRIs and therefore are not qualified to give opinions about India in the same vein as Indians from India. Yes, you 'remember' the homeland in your heart but too often immigrants who move back find that 'the homeland in their heart' is very much different from the homeland in front of their eyes. And no, don't come back to me with 'but i got whole family there, i visit the country once a year'- its bakwaas because at the end of the day to get a pulse on the current cultural trends, you have to BE residing at that place continuously for a while. Hearing from your mommy/daddy etc. or going home for a few months once every 2-3 years is akin to claiming you know what chocolate tastes like by only experiencing the description of its taste.
hehehee .... didnt take long to show your juvenile feisty true colors ehhh CC ... you must really hate me for driving you nuts .... all on a forum discussion ...
LOL. No not really. You are the one who seems to have a problem, not me- you are the one lately chasing my posts and quoting away. I merely suggested a much quicker and definitive way of getting this bickering out of the way.
and then you accuse me of being a extreemist jihdi and proclaim yourself as the next comming of Bhagwan Buddha ... meeeh
Why lie ? Show me where i've claimed to be the next comming of Bhagwaan Buddha - i said i am a Buddhist, not a Buddha. If you actually knew what a Buddha is, you'd realise how silly your comment is.

so I have to be in India and IN TOUCH to be able to correctly tell where my priorities lie ... muaahahaaa ... thanks for the free laughs CC ...
Err no. Thats not what i said. What i said is, you have to be in India and IN TOUCH to be able to correctly tell where India's priorities lie. Remember, we are talking about India here, not you or me- or atleast, we stopped talking about our individual opinions once someone started this assinine poll to reflect on whats more important in India today - nationalism or culturalism.
Remember that conversation where you said YOU would run (and so should all hindus) at first sight of trouble .... ? Turns out that you are now doing the exact opposite ... naaah ?
Again- show me where i claimed to be Buddha as you alleged. As per running at the sight of trouble - there is a difference between me packing it in (and you will too, i know ) at the sight of an army martching at me and me giving a yippity little guy a good thumping.
What I most definitely know is the Buddha would never try to bully someone .... or threaten them ... or indulge in war cries ... or abuse ... etc etc etc ...
You know correct. And therefore, i am not Buddha and never have i claimed to be one. In computer gamers lingo, I r a lvl 10 noobie. Buddha is a lvl 300000 sword-saint super-saiyaan-goku. You on the other hand havn't even created your character yet, so nevermind even lvl 1. :wall:
I quite like bleaching you with hot tar
You overglorify yourself. If i were to liken the sensation i get when educating you and your hinduvta cohorts, it'd be similar to getting bit by a mosquito. Mildly irritating but still, nothing more than a bug. But ever so occasionally, you do feel the urge to squash the bug. Same feeling here, really.

Re: Important - please vote here. CC man.... u r slipping away, so i am bak.... here is ur quote again....

Because it is not the number 1 thing for most people - atleast, people who put nationalism over anything else are almost insignificant in numbers compared to people who put language/culture/race/religion first. Personally, i am not a nationalist- infact, i am anti-nationalist slightly.
where do u mention, nris or pure indians or anything in tht..... u jus said, people in general.... why u lying, when u r cornered..... now turn around and take it like a man...

gator, how many people who voted in this poll : 1. Are eligible to vote in India? 2. Do vote in India?
how does it matter???? from CC's statement, he said people(there are people on the planet) and u have people from all walks of life voting here....

where do u mention, nris or pure indians or anything in tht..... u jus said, people in general....
Yes when i said most people, i did not expect you to pull this absurdity out of the hat where you ask the oddest bunch of people (immigrants/NRIs/expats etc) to be the guage for this.Nobody uses a bunch of non-residents to form an opinion about a nation's nationalism or how prevalent they are in the world- which is why i didnt specify it at first. Again, as i said, i have no problems to you challenging my idea but if you want to do so- do it in a credible basis. Ie, when you find CNN asking Americans living in Europe about how things are in America or when BBC asks brits living in singapore how things are in Britain, then you can come up with similarly absurd polls in a place utterly not suited for it. Seems to me what you are failing to comprehend is that your poll here on this website is not a standard sample of people but rather, a very odd bunch- most of whom live away from their homeland.

Nobody uses a bunch of non-residents to form an opinion about a nation's nationalism or how prevalent they are in the world-
tht means, ur opinion in ur statement was sheet too, cos u r an nri... so whether u consider the poll results or ignore it, it has been proven, ur opinion was based on unadulterated sheet.... do%20shit.jpg

Yes when i said most people, i did not expect you to pull this absurdity out of the hat where you ask the oddest bunch of people (immigrants/NRIs/expats etc) to be the guage for this. Nobody uses a bunch of non-residents to form an opinion about a nation's nationalism or how prevalent they are in the world- which is why i didnt specify it at first.
What are you on about here?? If a poll is done on a MB it would have votes polled by people on that MB. Why do YOU raise a issue knowing fully well that you will go behind the semantics? The least you can, and should, do next time is to paraphrase yourself in such a way that makes it very clear that you do not wish to listen to the opinions of NRI's or people like them. Why waste everyone's time and yours? This morning I personally sat down and spent 2 hours from my office work simply because I thought you were wrong in your thoughts. I gave up after that simply because my work suffered as a result. And then I check in now and see you rambling about NRI angle. Makes me wonder why the f@ck did I bother in the first place?? Guess I shall read your next analysis next time with a load of pinch of salt. xxxx

gator, how many people who voted in this poll : 1. Are eligible to vote in India? 2. Do vote in India?
how does it matter???? from CC's statement, he said people(there are people on the planet) and u have people from all walks of life voting here....
Forget CC's statement but do you think a poll where possibly half the pollsters are not eligible to vote in India and perhaps close to 90% dont vote in India can be a sample of what India thinks?

This morning I personally sat down and spent 2 hours from my office work simply because I thought you were wrong in your thoughts. I gave up after that simply because my work suffered as a result. And then I check in now and see you rambling about NRI angle. Makes me wonder why the f@ck did I bother in the first place?? Guess I shall read your next analysis next time with a load of pinch of salt.
Lurks, many in this forum have been affected by this kid's pranks.... this time, i jus wanted to continue to see, how much embarrassment this kid can put up with, before he logs off in tears.....