Important - please vote here.

gator

Re: Important - please vote here.

Oye dont start your bakwaas pedantry again ... you said one needs to be living IN India for his/her vote to count in this poll and to quote you
Yes. And this statement is analogous to : What i said is, you have to be in India and IN TOUCH to be able to correctly tell where India's priorities lie It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why that is so but for one with a limited grasp of English such as yourself, i am not surprised. :lol:
Now unless you are going to tell me that the concept surrounding how people view their homeland and where it ranks in their scheme of things changes over a period of time and hence they need to be IN TOUCH by physically being present in their home country
If you actually read the hindu holy scriptures that you so blindly go forth to defend in a gung-ho fashion, you'd realize that it is in Hinduism itself that describes society as that of a 'broader mind but ultimately displaying the same kind of waxing and waning of various sentiments like in a human being over time'. To know how the 'country feels' at a given time, you have to BE in the country to know it. You either stay in the country to speak for the country or you don't speak for the country. Its just that simple. This is extremely well expounded upon by an upanishad who's name i can't remember right now but i will look into it if required.
unfortunately for you Iam a grownup
Yes. Hence i said, if you wanted to settle this mano-e-mano, i wouldn't mind it. Unlike you, i pick my fights with grown-ups and not with underage kids. :wtg:

If a poll is done on a MB it would have votes polled by people on that MB. Why do YOU raise a issue knowing fully well that you will go behind the semantics? The least you can, and should, do next time is to paraphrase yourself in such a way that makes it very clear that you do not wish to listen to the opinions of NRI's or people like them. Why waste everyone's time and yours?
The poll was not started by CC. Therefore, he is within his rights to point out the futility of such polls.

tht means, ur opinion in ur statement was sheet too, cos u r an nri... so whether u consider the poll results or ignore it, it has been proven, ur opinion was based on unadulterated sheet....
But i didnt try to run a poll to show how the true feelings in India are. Its fine if you want to keep it at personal opinion levels but when you conduct a poll, you are taking a representation of the society and in this case, the group representing it is NOT an accurate subject group. Thats the simple answer, really.

Thats your opinion not a fact ... I think most here are eligible to vote. including me. There are very very few ABCD's (lol) here.
Sure its not an actual number but I am sure I am pretty close in the ballpark figure, certainly the one about 90% not voting in India. We can run another poll to find out the actual numbers if you feel I am way off or if its important.
BTW what has ones voting rights got to do with how they feel about India and whether Religion is more important to them or country ?
Nothing. But what India thinks, formulates, and implements has 100% to do with people who have voting rights in India and actually vote in elections. Isn't that what a democracy is? As I understand, the issue is not what a particular individual thinks but what India thinks as a country and as someone who last voted in India a good 9 years back my thoughts and ideas are certainly not a part of India's thoughts and ideas. I might agree with some and disagree with others but I have played very little role in shaping them.

since wen did CC' date=' the embarrassed kid become an authority on opinions in india, Shwetabh???[/quote'] CC is not an authority on opinions in India but neither is this poll. So whats the point of just targetting a particular poster for expressing his opinion rather than discussing and challenging the opinion itself?

If a poll is done on a MB it would have votes polled by people on that MB. Why do YOU raise a issue knowing fully well that you will go behind the semantics? The least you can' date=' and should, do next time is to paraphrase yourself in such a way that makes it very clear that you do not wish to listen to the opinions of NRI's or people like them. Why waste everyone's time and yours? [/quote'] The poll was not started by CC. Therefore, he is within his rights to point out the futility of such polls.
doc, everyone is within rights of pointing out the futility of even this board, where no one has played cricket for india or state and still comment on cricket.... wat do u say?

where no one has played cricket for india or state and still comment on cricket.... wat do u say?
Irrelevant example. Cricket is a well defined sport with specific rules and regulations. Its not the same as guaging what the nation feels. Look, i will give you an example : say your wife - who do you think knows how she feels like currently - you, her husband and constant companion or a cousin that visits her for 2 weeks once every few years ? Now change wife to country, cousin to the NRIs and yourself to the desis in desh and you will know what i mean- hopefully.

Look, i will give you an example : say your wife - who do you think knows how she feels like currently - you, her husband and constant companion or a cousin that visits her for 2 weeks once every few years ?
say, ur mom works... she will be spending 8-10 hours with her boss, while u, her son will prolly spend only 2-3 hours... who do u think, will know her more?

say, ur mom works... she will be spending 8-10 hours with her boss, while u, her son will prolly spend only 2-3 hours... who do u think, will know her more?
Again, bullshit example. My mom is not working 8-10 hours GETTING TO KNOW the boss - but me, her son is. This is why i used husband-wife-cousin example - the husband and the cousin both 'GET TO KNOW' the wifey but the difference is, the husband is around all the time and can connect to what the wife feels NOW - the cousin who visits once in a blue moon, even though pretty fond of her and all that, is NOT emotionally intimate enough. And yes, if my mom was working some weird job where her boss was getting to know her personal life and just hanging around her for 8-10 hours every day, he'd know her far better than I would.

doc, everyone is within rights of pointing out the futility of even this board, where no one has played cricket for india or state and still comment on cricket.... wat do u say?
Absolutely. Some would say this board is a complete waste of time. It's a very valid point of view and should be considered carefully.

but ur post meant only the amount of time spent and not the level of interaction....
Amount of time spent while getting to know something, not just approach it in a strictly narrow and business-like sense. It should be painfully obvious that what i am talking about is knowledge that comes with constant familiarity- something that CANNOT be replaced. Again, it is the same reason i used mia-biwi-cousin angle for when it comes to knowing how one person feels, it is the same level of interaction with just time spend being different and all three are personal in their nature. But instead, you bring in stupid son-mom-boss angle where the first pair is a personal relationship while the last pair is a professional one. *sigh* Anyways, i gotto go now. Sorry i cannot stay longer to cure you of your tubelight syndrome. I've wasted too much time here already. Err oops- i mean- you win, you are DA MAN, dada, pardada, dayush pita. *backslap backslap backslap* . Ciao for a while.

Re: Important - please vote here. Guys, this poll and discussion adds nothing. If India is attacked tomorrow and is in need of people to serve military in various capacity. How many of you would raise your hand or if you are above age limit how many would consider sending your loved ones(say son or someone whom you could influece and help in decision making)? This passionate speech is easy but when it comes to action its a tough cookie. That's where I think Punjab as a state has given more to the country by giving this many men and women in uniform!

Re: Important - please vote here. My policy is simple - if war happens, thou shalt find me some place else. Sure, if my people are hunted and persecuted to the point where its like the LOTR movie and the last stand of Helm's Deep, yeah i might come charging in like the Rohirrim but otherwise, if war comes to my doorsteps, i am packing up and leaving ASAP. As far as loved ones go - i don't want any of them to go obviously but there is one who is already in the military. Used to be two for a brief period of time but thankfully my cousin realized very quickly that there are far better things to do in life than sit freezing his arse at the Nathula Pass. As for sons or daughters- i don't have any so i don't know.

I've wasted too much time here already. Err oops- i mean- you win, you are DA MAN, dada, pardada, dayush pita. *backslap backslap backslap* . Ciao for a while.
this is exactly, why u r called a kid around here....

doc' date=' everyone is within rights of pointing out the futility of even this board, where no one has played cricket for india or state and still comment on cricket.... wat do u say? [/quote'] Absolutely. Some would say this board is a complete waste of time. It's a very valid point of view and should be considered carefully.
do so by all means, but try with a lil bit of objectivity, it will be easier... :wtg:

As I understand' date=' the issue is not what a particular individual thinks but what India thinks as a country [/quote'] Are you and me even reading the same thing .... AFAIK this poll is about where "PEOPLE" rank "COUNTRY" . Gator am I right ... ? What "INDIA" thinks and does as Shwetabh suggests is a totally different topic and very little to do with this poll.
Bheems... everyone on this message board including u got it right, except for 2 people... but wait, wat do we know, we r nris...

As I understand' date=' the issue is not what a particular individual thinks but what India thinks as a country [/quote'] Are you and me even reading the same thing .... AFAIK this poll is about where "PEOPLE" rank "COUNTRY" . Gator am I right ... ? What "INDIA" thinks and does as Shwetabh suggests is a totally different topic and very little to do with this poll.
Which "PEOPLE"? "INDIANS", right?