Murthy apologises for anthem remark

sandtest

Re: Murthy apologises for anthem remark Ahhh the mention of Khudiram Bose. Another of India's forgotten heroes. A martyr when he was only 18 or so. Perhaps one of the first martyrs for India. Can recall reading about him and Prafulla Chakki when they went for that bombing mission in Muzaffarpur. Thanks for reminding :wtg: Coming back to Tagore I wonder how much remains of his influence today. Even in West Bengal. In my living memory I have seen Shanti Niketan dwindle from a must-go University to a pretty-decent college. Ravindra Sangeet is also on its last leg pretty much it seems.

Re: Murthy apologises for anthem remark

I think we is stupid to be indulge him .
You is stupid because you does not even understand the poem you are trying to nitpick. Simply going by how it sounds like an illiterate man who is pissed because he heard punjab mentioned but not karnatak...too uneducated to know that Dravida includes karnatak. :wall: Typical touchie southie as i said.
I don't need a typical regional Bong like you tell me whether Dravida includes karnataka. Bong like you will support bangladesh over a Tamilian indian . Goes to show your mentality.

I don't need a typical regional Bong like you tell me whether Dravida includes karnataka
I guess you do because it is blatantly obvious in Indian literature that Karnatak-Kerala_AP-TN are referred to as Dravida linguistically as well as culturally.
Bong like you will support bangladesh over a Tamilian indian
Not true in general. Though if you keep this up, i'd find it pretty hard to support you over just about any nationality.
Goes to show your mentality.
Atleast it is not some grade six style crying 'mommy mommy my state didnt get mentioned...only language tree..hauhauhau.' :lol:

K_R. Yoda, apologies if I have offended you. I have the deepest respect for your opinions most of the time. Let me disagree on this point though. I just couldn't hold myself back.
No problem mate. But I hope you realize that this CC1981 debates the poster , rather than the posts. By doing so , he brings out the worst in a poster. Case in point , both Yoda and myself(hardly hindutva brigade) have issues with his style of debating. My apologies to you , if any reference to Tagore was made in poor taste.

Also' date=' the usage of "Punjab" and [b']"Sind" is ridiculous in my opinion because it could easily be inferred to as Pakistan also.
Damn, I sang it all the way in school thinking i was Indian too

Re: Murthy apologises for anthem remark KR, sorry if i've offended you- i take back all the sly remarks about the 'touchie southie' - Its just that your whining over nothing in this thread has again reminded me of a long-lost grade 9 batchmate of mine...Mr Mutthuswamy...brilliant guy...tamil brahmin...but huge chip on the shoulder...anything and everything you mention to him about india and he'd say something like 'oh yea..we southies did that too'... anyways, accept my apologies about the southie bit. But my intial points about the anthem's composition stands.

Sorry Rajeev. You see, Sindhis are no longer Indians. You gotto call yourself a marathi or a gujrati or something -depending on where your sindhi base settled down in india. And if you are a hindu pathan who immigrated.....well bollox to that..gotta pretend you are a jutt or rajput coz places in pakistan today cannot be mentioned. :lol:

Also' date=' the usage of "Punjab" and [b']"Sind" is ridiculous in my opinion because it could easily be inferred to as Pakistan also.
Damn so you are Made in USA?? (Made in Ulhasnagar)

KR' date=' sorry if i've offended you- i take back all the sly remarks about the 'touchie southie' - Its just that your whining over nothing in this thread has again reminded me of a long-lost grade 9 batchmate of mine...Mr Mutthuswamy...brilliant guy...tamil brahmin...but huge chip on the shoulder...anything and everything you mention to him about india and he'd say something like 'oh yea..we southies did that too'... anyways, accept my apologies about the southie bit. But my intial points about the anthem's composition stands.[/quote'] Look CC1981. We had already agreed before to debate in a more friendly way. You were the one who started attacking me personally by calling me touchie southie etc. Going forward , please stop getting personal and I will promise to do likewise. You need to realize that I have difference opinion with some many other quality posters lurker , gator , Bheem, Dhondy etc , but we don't indulge in name calling . Please don't debate the posters, debate the posts. Anyway , my apologies to you as well . :lol:

Sorry Rajeev. You see, Sindhis are no longer Indians. You gotto call yourself a marathi or a gujrati or something -depending on where your sindhi base settled down in india. And if you are a hindu pathan who immigrated.....well bollox to that..gotta pretend you are a jutt or rajput coz places in pakistan today cannot be mentioned. :lol:
Well I am Maharastrian then, just feel stupid defending India on so many occasions where it doesn't recognize my community Good news is, everyone doesn't think that way AFAIK, LK Advani is from BJP too

I have DUAL Citizenship then Made in USA, Citizen of Mumbai :hmph:

:hic: Anyway , mate , things got heated up here. I am off for the weekend. So what's you doing this weekend ? I gonna play some cricket this sunday to cool off. :hic:

{Lurker hums Mohd Rafi's song.. Sab kuch loota ke hosh mein aaye to kya kiya?...} (subtle dig, rather cruel one, at the whole GC thingy)

{Lurker hums Mohd Rafi's song.. Sab kuch loota ke hosh mein aaye to kya kiya?...} (subtle dig, rather cruel one, at the whole GC thingy)
At this point. I hum 'Hum Bewafa Harghiz na the par Hum wafa kar na sake"

Anyway ' date=' mate , things got heated up here. I am off for the weekend. So what's you doing this weekend ? I gonna play some cricket this sunday to cool off. :hic:[/quote'] No major plans really. Last weekend I had taken a day off on Good Friday, went to California and so this weekend I will probably chill(which means clean house, cook some nice meal, clean clothes and so on...argghhh). May catch some movie as well. Doesnt look like a whole lot of good movies are out there now but shall see one for the heck of it perhaps.. :hic:

At which I hum back... Dil to dete hain lete hain log kai baar hua kya? kissi se kiya tha tumne pyaar? Yaadon ko chor de...waadon ko tor de.. Panna ki tamanna hai ke heera mujhe mil jaaye chahe meri jaan haaye chahe mera dil jaaye.

At which I hum back... Dil to dete hain lete hain log kai baar hua kya? kissi se kiya tha tumne pyaar? Yaadon ko chor de...waadon ko tor de.. Panna ki tamanna hai ke heera mujhe mil jaaye chahe meri jaan haaye chahe mera dil jaaye.
..dil diya hain jaan bhi denge ai watan tere liye But damn, I was born into a Indian-Sindhi family ..what bad luck.. :wall: