WTF just happened ?

CC1981

Re: WTF just happened ?

Black Guy Kills -->Racism White Guy Kills -->Drugs/Mental Problem Middle Eastern/Desi Kills ---> Terrorism Chinese Guy Kills --->Video Games?????
:lmao: :lmao: Good one Rajeev. I recommend you watch "Death of a President" to see how these stereotypes influence investigations.

Re: WTF just happened ? It is wrong to label the killer as a South Korean. He lived in US most of his life and went about accepting the evil concept out of the culture here. Some people in the media tries to label him as an outsider to portray that this was caused by lack of understanding of US values and principles which I think is rubbish!

It is wrong to label the killer as a South Korean. He lived in US most of his life and went about accepting the evil concept out of the culture here. Some people in the media tries to label him as an outsider to portray that this was caused by lack of understanding of US values and principles which I think is rubbish!
While I do agree that it is not right to tag the culprit as South Korean I am also willing to concede that this chap was more South Korean than he was American. Speaking from a personal experience I must say the migrant population in USA tries to hold on to its roots. This is specially true for Asian communities. One good example is how Asian communities treat pschocology and pschyiatry. It is almost a crime in India to think of a person seeking "therapeutic" help. You do so at the risk of being tagged "pagal" almost immediately. This of course is in compelete contrast to Western world where a large segment of population has had some therapy once in their life. Indians(or Chinese or Korean) that have migrated to West still maintain this atitude. And I would not be surprised if the parents of the child thought it was a "natural" thing for the son to behave the way he did, thought maybe they should spent more/less time with him and did not seek as much therapy time as was needed. I would like to get an opinion of Dhondy on this one since he has Medical background. But for now I would see Pschycology/Pschiatry should be given lot more attention to in Asian communities than it is right now. xxxx

Re: WTF just happened ? >This is specially true for Asian communities. I dont agree...Even Greeks, Italians have tried to keep their roots..Have you seen the movie "The Miracle Match".....Italians decent and German decent fighting although part of same team.. We can say first and second generation could be more connected..But thereafter automatically they become American..

It is almost a crime in India to think of a person seeking "therapeutic" help. You do so at the risk of being tagged "pagal" almost immediately. xxxx
My friend who was thinking of going to uni to study psychology got told by his papaji- "Psychology koi asle field thode na hai.... bakwas fied hai! Beta engineering pado" :wall: :wall: Really I don't get the mindset of MOST Indian parents :shrug: :wall: :eew:

It is almost a crime in India to think of a person seeking "therapeutic" help. You do so at the risk of being tagged "pagal" almost immediately. xxxx
My 2 best friends back in Bombay are both Psychologists (one of them even works as a counsellor at a school)...will be interesting to hear their take on this whole incident.

I dont agree...Even Greeks, Italians have tried to keep their roots..Have you seen the movie "The Miracle Match".....Italians decent and German decent fighting although part of same team.. We can say first and second generation could be more connected..But thereafter automatically they become American..
Fair enough. My argument was specifically about Pschycology/Pschyiatry in this thread. I guess we can all agree that the lad had some sort of mental issues and I am of the opinion that his situation might just have been aggravated due to Asian background. Again I am no expert and I would like someone like Dhondy to chip in on this. xxx