Who is greatest leader India ever produced?

kabira

Re: Who is greatest leader India ever produced?

So , I am gonna ignore your gibberish.
In other words, you got schooled but you can't admit it. Choosing along religious lines ? Pfft. I suppose most of the historical scholarship-both indian and western happen to 'choose' Ashoka due to their relegious leanings because as we all know, most of the historians worldwide are magically, Buddhists! :wall: :lol:

So ' date=' I am gonna ignore your gibberish.[/quote'] In other words, you got schooled but you can't admit it. Choosing along religious lines ? Pfft. I suppose most of the historical scholarship-both indian and western happen to 'choose' Ashoka due to their relegious leanings because as we all know, most of the historians worldwide are magically, Buddhists! :wall: :lol:
Schooled ? You really are a joker if you think mass murder is okay. All he did is repent . He didn't have to pay for his misdeeds. He wasn't brought to justice for his crimes against humanity. Anyway , I don't want to waste my time on things that are not even that important to me . But kid like a you will resort to cheap abuse to make your point across. Even in this thread , you started the same southie sh.it. That's a warning sign that the kid is angry and embarrassed. More abuse will follow from the kid. I am outta here. Keep ranting, Mr Pacifist. And please change your signature. You are not worthy of it.

Asoka, Buddha all are influential people born in India not greatest leaders. Gandhi tops the list as Greatest leader. Infact Buddha and Asoka ranks above Gandhi in the 100 most influential people in "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History" http://www.dlmark.net/hundred.htm
Ashoka most influential agreed , but a mass murderer cannot be the greatest leader. History is witness to the fact that Ashoka did not spare even women and children . I would 100 % agree on the great Mahatma . In fact , even I have Gandhi, Patel and JRD Tata.

Asoka, Buddha all are influential people born in India not greatest leaders. Gandhi tops the list as Greatest leader. Infact Buddha and Asoka ranks above Gandhi in the 100 most influential people in "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History" http://www.dlmark.net/hundred.htm
Ashoka most influential agreed , but a mass murderer cannot be the greatest leader. History is witness to the fact that Ashoka did not spare even women and children . I would 100 % agree on the great Mahatma . In fact , even I have Gandhi, Patel and JRD Tata.
Nearly all leaders from the ancient past were mass murderers does not make them not great leaders. If you are looking for leaders who were not mass murderes then can only select from last 100 years or so. Ashoka was a great leader!

Re: Who is greatest leader India ever produced? For whatever it is worth Religious Figures & Kings should never be considered a great leader. Why you ask? Well because Religious Figure by definition means someone who propogates, or help propogate, a religion. In most cases(like Mohammed/Christ) one would claim that it was divine intervention. In cases like Buddha or Confucius it is NOT their leadership but their philosphy that swayed the world. Regadless one thing is for sure, there has hardly been a religious figure in past 1500 years(other than possibly Guru Nanak) and hence it is a huge disadvantage to people of following generations. Maybe it is that people of today are not as gullible as they were 2000 years ago and hence we do not see such Religious Prophets? Now lets come to Kings. This is again, by and large, limited to people in the first millenium. I mean how many Kings of note have you seen in past 1000 years?? Maybe 1 or 2. Saladdin was Great, Akbar was Great but they both had a fraction of land that was controlled by Genghiz Khan or Alexander. Does that make Genghiz Khan better than Saladdin? Well surely accordingly to some. History is often written by those who win the wars and hence the claims of everyone from Alexander to Ghenghiz Khan should be taken with a pinch of salt. I personally lean more towards people of current millenium. Their achievements is much better documented, we have more data/views to criticize what they did/did not do. People in general are much more "enlightened" and so on and so forth. xxxx

For whatever it is worth Religious Figures & Kings should never be considered a great leader. Why you ask? Well because Religious Figure by definition means someone who propogates, or help propogate, a religion. In most cases(like Mohammed/Christ) one would claim that it was divine intervention. In cases like Buddha or Confucius it is NOT their leadership but their philosphy that swayed the world. Regadless one thing is for sure, there has hardly been a religious figure in past 1500 years(other than possibly Guru Nanak) and hence it is a huge disadvantage to people of following generations. Maybe it is that people of today are not as gullible as they were 2000 years ago and hence we do not see such Religious Prophets? Now lets come to Kings. This is again, by and large, limited to people in the first millenium. I mean how many Kings of note have you seen in past 1000 years?? Maybe 1 or 2. Saladdin was Great, Akbar was Great but they both had a fraction of land that was controlled by Genghiz Khan or Alexander. Does that make Genghiz Khan better than Saladdin? Well surely accordingly to some. History is often written by those who win the wars and hence the claims of everyone from Alexander to Ghenghiz Khan should be taken with a pinch of salt. I personally lean more towards people of current millenium. Their achievements is much better documented, we have more data/views to criticize what they did/did not do. People in general are much more "enlightened" and so on and so forth. xxxx
As always good post. I would totally agree with you here.

Regadless one thing is for sure' date=' there has hardly been a religious figure in past 1500 years(other than possibly Guru Nanak) [/quote'] Everything that you cant see doesn't exist. Is that what you are saying here? Well, it is said that dhoondnese to Khuda bhi mil jata hai...

Re: Who is greatest leader India ever produced? As i said, it is accepted by history academians that Ashoka was the greatest Indian ruler ever. Reasons for htat is given and i don't see you challenging that, KR.

All he did is repent . He didn't have to pay for his misdeeds. He wasn't brought to justice for his crimes against humanity.
According to your religion as well as mine, repentation is enough. Or maybe you dont know that about your religion. :lmao: And yes, you got schooled because you have no leg to stand on- you didnt counter my points in the last long post i made. You just go the ad hominem way where you keep repeating your flawed points despite being proven that they are irrelevant.

As i said, it is accepted by history academians that Ashoka was the greatest Indian ruler ever. Reasons for htat is given and i don't see you challenging that, KR.
All he did is repent . He didn't have to pay for his misdeeds. He wasn't brought to justice for his crimes against humanity.
According to your religion as well as mine, repentation is enough. Or maybe you dont know that about your religion. :lmao: And yes, you got schooled because you have no leg to stand on- you didnt counter my points in the last long post i made. You just go the ad hominem way where you keep repeating your flawed points despite being proven that they are irrelevant.
You don't dispute anything .He was a mass murderer first and he wasn't brought to justice for that. Are you gonna dispute that . Even Buddhist Scripts paint a gory picture of his sadistic activities during his time as Chanda Ashoka. Are you going to dispute that. Anyway , if you still insist on having the last word and declare victory , be my guest and here is your award, kid. :hic: roundpop_480.jpg

He was a mass murderer first and he wasn't brought to justice for that. Are you gonna dispute that
No but i've already explained to you how that is irrelevant. And you seem not to wanna admit that is exactly how it is even if you go by the books like Gita or any buddhist scriptures. Are you gonna dispute that ??

He was a mass murderer first and he wasn't brought to justice for that. Are you gonna dispute that
No but i've already explained to you how that is irrelevant. And you seem not to wanna admit that is exactly how it is even if you go by the books like Gita or any buddhist scriptures. Are you gonna dispute that ??
I am not gonna dispute the fact that Ashoka was the most influential ruler of India. But , in the same token I am not and neither are Historians gonna dispute the fact that he used to be Chandashok , the mass murderer. And in my opinion , he wasn't brought to justice for his crimes simply because he was to powerful.Anyway , if you still insist that it is irrelevant , that is fine with me. Like I said before, this is not something which I am going to debate passionately . Not that important to me.

Anyway , if you still insist that it is irrelevant , that is fine with me.
It is irrelevant because he changed. Ashoka is not famous for the chandasoka phase but for the dharmasoka phase. Your own religion tells you to forgive and forget when one is repentant and even the author of one of your religion's most influential books ( Gita) was a highway bandit robbing and clubbing people over the head who saw the light. So how is what he did before relevant and since when 40+ years of dharmasok is tainted by the first few years where one is chandasok and that too as a young kid ? Everyone makes bad choices in their youth and if you had an older brother trying to kill you simply because you are far better than he is, i wonder how likely you are to go ChandaKR over DharmaKR.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Who is greatest leader India ever produced? noone comes close to sardaar patel.. todau u have india in one piece due to this and this man only

Everyone makes bad choices in their youth and if you had an older brother trying to kill you simply because you are far better than he is, i wonder how likely you are to go ChandaKR over DharmaKR.
The Embarrassed Kid rants on !. No need to get personal ,kid. What next from you , abuse my family like you used to do to Bheembhai. Sorry , not interested in your abusefest. Enjoy your lollipop,kid. :hic:

Everyone makes bad choices in their youth and if you had an older brother trying to kill you simply because you are far better than he is, i wonder how likely you are to go ChandaKR over DharmaKR.
The Embarrassed Kid rants on !. No need to get personal ,kid. What next from you , abuse my family like you used to do to Bheembhai. Sorry , not interested in your abusefest. Enjoy your lollipop,kid. :hic:
You clearly got issues comprehending the English language like your Kannadiga brother there if you think my hypothetical scenario with you as the suppositional subject is abuse. How am i not surprised. As per not interested - do you actually read what you post ? For i dont think there is an easier person to bait on this forum than you or your fellow kannadiga brother. Funny how you in the same post call me an embarassed kid ranting on and claim you dont abuse/not interested in abuse. But whichever way you twist, your rant against Ashoka has been categorically dismanted in this thread- to which you have zero counter. Now, please diss Valmiki the same way you dissed Ashoka.

You clearly got issues comprehending the English language like your Kannadiga brother there if you think my hypothetical scenario with you as the suppositional subject is abuse. How am i not surprised. As per not interested - do you actually read what you post ? For i dont think there is an easier person to bait on this forum than you or your fellow kannadiga brother. Funny how you in the same post call me an embarassed kid ranting on and claim you dont abuse/not interested in abuse. But whichever way you twist, your rant against Ashoka has been categorically dismanted in this thread- to which you have zero counter. Now, please diss Valmiki the same way you dissed Ashoka.
I don't give a fack about english unlike you , who is still suffering from colonial hangover. Why am I not surprised at the resident clown ? I really pity you , being ridiculed by so many posters like myself, Yoda, gator, Bheem , DR,GKD etc , I know it hurts man. So take a chill pill and think before you write . Doesn't cost you anything. And as regards to Ashoka , I have already stated that he was one of the most influential person but still a mass murderer. Stop repeating the same thing over and over like a parrot. And the derogatory way you spoke about kannadigas clearly shows your bias against south Indians . That's why keep using the term southie in a derogatory manner.

I don't give a fack about english unlike you , who is still suffering from colonial hangover. Why am I not surprised at the resident clown ?
Wait a min- didnt you just say this 10 minutes ago : Sorry , not interested in your abusefest. What happened now ? 10 min later its time to flip-flop ? All talk and no cigar ? Hey here is a thought- dont make declarations if you arn't gonna stick by it. How novel a thought, innit ? Oh andits not about suffering from any colonial hangover- its about LEARNING a language of communication well if you are gonna use it. I got no problems whatsoever if you can't speak or comprehend English well. But i do have a problem when you try to communicate in English despite being total 'SUCK' at it and make no efforts to improve it.
Stop repeating the same thing over and over like a parrot.
Oh the irony- YOU are the one who is repeating the mass murderer crap despite being categorically proven that it is irrelevant. So, good doctor- take thy own remedy!
And the derogatory way you spoke about kannadigas clearly shows your bias against south Indians .
Spoken like the true touchie southie that you are. Spoke derogatively about kannadigas ? Again i say- improve thy english. All i said is 'fellow kannadiga poster buddy of yours' - which does not imply any negetive or positive by the way but is just a factual statement.