Konkona Sen fan club

Don

Re: Konkona Sen fan club

Arre boss lets leave Bihar-Bengal out of this na. Kya yaar tum log bhi. :wall: :wall:
Boss, i don't go around calling an entire race of people as cowards/namaards or any such derogatory terms. Just demonstrating to this guy that if he wants to go down that road, two can play at the game and his criticism is not only misplaced in case of Bengal but is very much valid for his own home province if one were to think like him.

Guest dada_rocks

Yes bengalis over the years have put the weapons down on first sight of muslim invaders so them being sissy is not off the mark factually.
What rubbish. I think you are confusing Bihar with Bengal. *BIHAR* put down its weapons without a fight when Khilji marched around east India. It was Laxman Sen who fought the Khaljis- not once but TWICE in the same week, right at the doorstep of his capital, Nabodweep. Oh and FYI, the last time some Indian (before muslim invasions) controlled Kabul Valley to Arunachal and Cauvery to Himalaya, it was one Devpal from Pal dynasty- a Bengali !!! you are a f-ing a-hole for referring to bengali people like that.
Remember I reserve the right to pay you back for this sometime in future right now I am not in mood. Don't go shedding tears and throwing your toys before mods then. Having said that, read my words again tube-light, putting weapons down before muslim invaders. Every other part's ruler fought but the moment they used to enter bengal it used to be nothing sort of bloodless coup. Btw Bihar hardly had any ruler in muslim invasion period and if u are basking on devpal then there is someone called Ashoka

Guest dada_rocks

Arre boss lets leave Bihar-Bengal out of this na. Kya yaar tum log bhi. :wall: :wall:
Boss, i don't go around calling an entire race of people as cowards/namaards or any such derogatory terms. Just demonstrating to this guy that if he wants to go down that road, two can play at the game and his criticism is not only misplaced in case of Bengal but is very much valid for his own home province if one were to think like him.
Hey I am nobody foirget about me but when a muslim leader like suharwardi said when u show a bengali kitchen knife they hide under the dinner table.. I didn't hear any major complaints with that assessment. Hota bhi kaise bloodless coup ki jo history thi. :wtg:

Every other part's ruler fought but the moment they used to enter bengal it used to be nothing sort of bloodless coup.
Apparently you are ignorant of Laxman Sen's gallant fights against a far superior equipped, trained and experienced forces of Khilji. Your whole 'from the moment they entered Bengal they put down their arms' applies to MUSLIM KINGDOMS in Bengal who all went down silently- either to the Lodhis or Mughals or Sher-Shah or the British. But when it came to fighting muslim invasion- bengal did its part-definitely more than Bihar did its share- and led from the forefront against the British, where bengali contribution is unmatched by any single indian community. So whats the gripe ?
Btw Bihar hardly had any ruler in muslim invasion period and if u are basking on devpal then there is someone called Ashoka
I know of Ashoka. As well as bindusara, mahapadmananda, chandragupta maurya, changragupta gupta, vikramaditya, Samudragupta, Skandagupta etc etc. I have already stated my admiration for Bihar historically and have gone as far as to say that Bihar(ie, Magadh) is *THE* core of Indian culture for the written & known times of Indian history. Ie, Bihar is to India as Rome is to Roman Empire...or Athens is to Greece. What more do you want ? I also realize that every culture/region has its moment of glory, its moment of weakness and its moment of 'fading away'. Which is why you don't see me throwing nasty racist words towards Biharis today because Bihar has been a big fat utter zero for the last 1000+ years.... In almost every field worth mentioning - mathematics, science, arts, literature, poetry,music, warfare, trade, etc. Bengal has done a zillion times more than Bihar in the last 1000+ years and yet you don't see me continously disparaging Biharis.

Hey I am nobody foirget about me but when a muslim leader like suharwardi said when u show a bengali kitchen knife they hide under the dinner table.. I didn't hear any major complaints with that assessment. Hota bhi kaise bloodless coup ki jo history thi.
Disgustingly partisan.

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Kya yaar DR? Educated aadmi ho, in fact highly educated aadmi ho but to prove your point you are not immune to pick quotes from Suhrawardi!!!! Just so you know if you made the same effort I am sure you would find quotes from many Muslim leaders where they ridicule Hindus(or every state really) as banias and darpoks. Since you are so adamant about putting Bengalis down I am can only take it that you truly beleive in it and that it was no slip of tongue. Disappointing.

Guest dada_rocks

Kya yaar DR? Educated aadmi ho, in fact highly educated aadmi ho but to prove your point you are not immune to pick quotes from Suhrawardi!!!! Just so you know if you made the same effort I am sure you would find quotes from many Muslim leaders where they ridicule Hindus(or every state really) as banias and darpoks. Since you are so adamant about putting Bengalis down I am can only take it that you truly beleive in it and that it was no slip of tongue. Disappointing.
I quote even Gandhi:: hindus: Cowards; muslims: bully. Nobody complains. But this guy when finds truth uncofortable gets all awry. BTW Bania epithet is still in vogue in pakistan, anyway that is compliment Bania means development minded they would like whole world to have self-destructive instincts but who cares about them anyway. Suharawardi's words don't mean much but this tradition of invasion cum bloodless coup one after another certainly tells a story.

Guest dada_rocks

Hey I am nobody foirget about me but when a muslim leader like suharwardi said when u show a bengali kitchen knife they hide under the dinner table.. I didn't hear any major complaints with that assessment. Hota bhi kaise bloodless coup ki jo history thi.
Disgustingly partisan.
Accurately factual though forget even suharwardi, find me one muslim invasion that saw some kind of resistance in bengal.

But this guy when finds truth uncofortable gets all awry.
Simply because what you are potraying as the truth is just fiction. I've educated you about some of Bengal's history and i notice you wont touch the topic of Laxman Sen fighting Khilji. There is no history of bloodless coups at the hand of muslim invaders in Bengal - unless you are talking about Bengal ALREADY under a muslim king who submits to the Awadhi/Delhi muslim lord(s). Which is categorically irrelevant to the point you are trying to make anyways.
Accurately factual though forget even suharwardi, find me one muslim invasion that saw some kind of resistance in bengal.
Laxman Sen fought Bhaktiyar Khilji. Fought him twice in the same week, the second right at the doorstep of his capital. That is resistance in my books. Next question ? Actually your question has been pre-empted by me atleast twice in this thread alone. Yet you fail to acknowledge it.Leads me to think that you don't do very well in the most important skill a person in your position can have : reading/listening to what others say. For if you actually read when people respond to you, you'd not be asking a question that has already been answered. Makes me fear for your students - i hope you don't display similar lack of reading skills when marking their papers!

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Konkona Sen fan club Laxman Sen fought Bhaktiyar Khilji. Thanks for the chuckle..I felt like giving details of that war :lmao: but it seems it might go off hand rest of the stuff is ur useless tirade..

Thanks for the chuckle..I felt like giving details of that war lmao but it seems it might go off hand rest of the stuff is ur useless tirade..
I would like to know your sources for the war, since the ONLY surviving bengali writing that pertains to the Sen dynasty mentions Laxman Sen fighting Khilji twice inside a week and Orya texts mentions that as well. In short, i just happen to know all the details about Sens & Pals that mankind happens to know as of now..which is not much but whatever detail you got better be from the only three recognized sources ( recognized bec. they are the only sources from THAT era and not revisionist writings hundreds of years later) the world has on the Sen dynasty. Given that you think its a 'joke' that Laxman Sen fought Khilji, i can emphatically claim that you are speaking out of your rump again. Oh and another thing- if you are gonna use the lame excuse of 'well bihar wasnt even a kingdom then, split between bengal and avadh', then understand this much : the Sens were actually from Karnataka...it is explicitly mentioned in the annals of the Sena dynasty that they originated from the Karnatak area, specifically from Mysore and they identified themselves as Brahmakshatriyas(those that were brahmins first and became Kshatriya later). So if you are gonna use that line of ill-logic you called reason, me thinks the blame should be on Kannadigas, no ? PS: Little something for your ignorance to be cleared : Bhaktiyar Khilji first showed up in Bengal when Laxman Sen was over 80 years old and very weak in health. On his way, he precipitated the biggest catastrophe the eastern region has ever known by carte blanche destroying several universities housing thousands of students. In the chaos and confusion, Bhaktiyar rode ahead of his army with 200 of his elite horsemen and arrived right at the doorstep of Laxman sen...who had no choice but to flee. However, the old and infirm ruler organized his troops in the wildernesses of south-east bengal- the area that is modern day khulna/noakhali. He then sent the troops with his eldest son, BallalSen, to meet up with the Tibetans near Devkot..where Bhatiyar Khilji was crushed by a combined Bengali-Tibetan force...persued across the river and finally his men whittled down to less than 10,000 when another Khilji, Ali Mardan Khilji ( dunno if any relations with Bhaktiyar) stabbed Bhaktiyar and left his dead body to show the persuing army that the main protagonist is dead. Instead of going back to Qutb-ud-din-Aibak in Delhi, Ali Mardan turned south towards Bengal again with vengeance and hooked up with Hussamuddin Iwaz Khalji & Shiran Khalji, governors of Lakhnur and Tanda(both in Bengal, installed less than a year earlier by Bhaktiyar and attacked Laxman Sen's new power base in what is today modern day Jessore, Bangladesh. (Sorry, wasn't defence of Gaur, it was Jessore) The Sens were heavily defeated but his sons managed to escape the battle and continued to rule for another 40 years before finally being crushed. During this time, the Sens fought off invasion forces from Ghiyasuddin Balban ( 1211-1225, exact date unknown), mallika Shaifuiddina ( 1231-33), Ijuddin Balban ( 1258). All the while, the Sen dynasty (while now holding on to only the lower & eastern 2/3rds of Bengal) had to contend with the power of the Deva Clan ( Purushottam Deva) who claimed all territorry east of meghna (modern day sylhet,chittagong). The continuous power struggle for Bengal between the Sens, turks and the Deva clan was finally ended in 1259 when Shah Jalala ( full 50 years after Bhaktiyar Khilji,FYI) crushed the forces of Keshavadeva, who'd just finally ended the Sen dominance of Bengal a year before. If that is surrendering without a fight, i think you got you need the help of english dictionary. Hope this history lesson was informative to you but knowing you, you are gonna come up with some shit author and some obscure weird fundoo story, probably story of bengalis written by whatever bengali-haters you associate with and pander that off as the truth. FYI, the above account is the ONE AND ONLY viewpoint held on the fall of Bengal in history circles...The sources are contemporary surviving Bengali,Orya and Turkish writings written by Qutb-ud-din-Aibak's OWN historians. Any questions ?

touchie bengali! :lmao:
Yeah, touchie when someone insults your whole race as napunsak and cowards....your touchie lil self and few fellow southie mates here got upset at FAR less... i didnt even insult any of the southern people as a whole like this friend of yours here has. if i were a similarly 'touchie bengali', i'd be continuously whining about how Bengali isnt the national language, we deserve to be the national language with hindi as equal footing, yadda yadda yadda. So come back when you draw a more even comparison..

aight.. i just got this movie called "15 Park Avenue".. it has konkana sen sharma.. is it worth watching? :hic:
Let us know in 3.5 hours. You already got the movie..all you gotto do is push it in the VCR. :hic:

Educated aadmi ho, in fact highly educated aadmi ho
Just goes on to prove what my late grandfather used to say to my uncle since my uncle is a muslim-basher a lot like D_R : " just because you got a degree does not mean you are educated. Our culture has always viewed education as a whole, rounded affair. Not mastery of doctory and hear-say in everything else."

Konkana Sen has led to Hindu-Muslim debate :lol: Is there anything under the sun that can't be seen through the religious scanner folks :hic:
Well let's face it, this Bolly chick isn't even that hot. It was only a matter of time.