Konkona Sen fan club

Don

Re: Konkona Sen fan club I'm closer to that than most of my friends in India.. I'm far away from parents..(half the world away :eew: ) stay up late.. go scavenging for soota at 2 AM.. girls also living alone.. no parent jhanjat.. go scavenging for soota with girls at 2 am :lmao: sunday brunch.. patao some girl to make good food :hic: now, my friends in India, most of em live at home.. go to college in the day.. study in the nite.. colleges like vjti, dj, tsec,etc dont even have dorms..not sure.. maybe couple do... u cant enjoy this kinda life there :wtg:

Re: Konkona Sen fan club

Thanks for the chuckle..I felt like giving details of that war lmao but it seems it might go off hand rest of the stuff is ur useless tirade..
I would like to know your sources for the war, since the ONLY surviving bengali writing that pertains to the Sen dynasty mentions Laxman Sen fighting Khilji twice inside a week and Orya texts mentions that as well. In short, i just happen to know all the details about Sens & Pals that mankind happens to know as of now..which is not much but whatever detail you got better be from the only three recognized sources ( recognized bec. they are the only sources from THAT era and not revisionist writings hundreds of years later) the world has on the Sen dynasty. Given that you think its a 'joke' that Laxman Sen fought Khilji, i can emphatically claim that you are speaking out of your rump again. Oh and another thing- if you are gonna use the lame excuse of 'well bihar wasnt even a kingdom then, split between bengal and avadh', then understand this much : the Sens were actually from Karnataka...it is explicitly mentioned in the annals of the Sena dynasty that they originated from the Karnatak area, specifically from Mysore and they identified themselves as Brahmakshatriyas(those that were brahmins first and became Kshatriya later). So if you are gonna use that line of ill-logic you called reason, me thinks the blame should be on Kannadigas, no ? PS: Little something for your ignorance to be cleared : Bhaktiyar Khilji first showed up in Bengal when Laxman Sen was over 80 years old and very weak in health. On his way, he precipitated the biggest catastrophe the eastern region has ever known by carte blanche destroying several universities housing thousands of students. In the chaos and confusion, Bhaktiyar rode ahead of his army with 200 of his elite horsemen and arrived right at the doorstep of Laxman sen...who had no choice but to flee. However, the old and infirm ruler organized his troops in the wildernesses of south-east bengal- the area that is modern day khulna/noakhali. He then sent the troops with his eldest son, BallalSen, to meet up with the Tibetans near Devkot..where Bhatiyar Khilji was crushed by a combined Bengali-Tibetan force...persued across the river and finally his men whittled down to less than 10,000 when another Khilji, Ali Mardan Khilji ( dunno if any relations with Bhaktiyar) stabbed Bhaktiyar and left his dead body to show the persuing army that the main protagonist is dead. Instead of going back to Qutb-ud-din-Aibak in Delhi, Ali Mardan turned south towards Bengal again with vengeance and hooked up with Hussamuddin Iwaz Khalji & Shiran Khalji, governors of Lakhnur and Tanda(both in Bengal, installed less than a year earlier by Bhaktiyar and attacked Laxman Sen's new power base in what is today modern day Jessore, Bangladesh. (Sorry, wasn't defence of Gaur, it was Jessore) The Sens were heavily defeated but his sons managed to escape the battle and continued to rule for another 40 years before finally being crushed. During this time, the Sens fought off invasion forces from Ghiyasuddin Balban ( 1211-1225, exact date unknown), mallika Shaifuiddina ( 1231-33), Ijuddin Balban ( 1258). All the while, the Sen dynasty (while now holding on to only the lower & eastern 2/3rds of Bengal) had to contend with the power of the Deva Clan ( Purushottam Deva) who claimed all territorry east of meghna (modern day sylhet,chittagong). The continuous power struggle for Bengal between the Sens, turks and the Deva clan was finally ended in 1259 when Shah Jalala ( full 50 years after Bhaktiyar Khilji,FYI) crushed the forces of Keshavadeva, who'd just finally ended the Sen dominance of Bengal a year before. If that is surrendering without a fight, i think you got you need the help of english dictionary. Hope this history lesson was informative to you but knowing you, you are gonna come up with some **** author and some obscure weird fundoo story, probably story of bengalis written by whatever bengali-haters you associate with and pander that off as the truth. FYI, the above account is the ONE AND ONLY viewpoint held on the fall of Bengal in history circles...The sources are contemporary surviving Bengali,Orya and Turkish writings written by Qutb-ud-din-Aibak's OWN historians. Any questions ?
Wow!! Didn't know the Konkona Sen thread had taken a completely different form. Just checked it out after seeing it had raked up 80+ responses. That is one kick a$$ post, CC. Very informative. Keep them coming. :wtg: