Ranji Trophy 2010-11: Super League

:yes: check for your own self http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaydev_Shah
Jaydev Niranjan Shah (b. 4 May, 1983 in Rajkot, Gujarat) is an Indian cricketer. Jaydev is the son of Niranjan Shah, secretary of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, and represents Saurashtra cricket team in India’s domestic circuit. He has the distinction of captaining Saurashtra to victory in the 2007-08 Ranji one-dayers, the team's first ever national-level title. He was recruited by the Rajasthan Royals for the Indian Premier League 2008 edition, but never played, and has also represented Rajasthan Cricket Association President's XI in the past
He has something to show for ? isn't it? We do have a propensity to grossly over react to things like this. Yeah I understand his averages are not earth shattering, but if he leading from the front a team which is crap anyways -- nothing wrong about it. Remember we (including me) did the same about Arjun Yadav, but he did prove that he deserves what he is doing -- or atleast not many are better than him.

Wish you favourite team and players for ranji season 2010-11 i wish all the best for my favourite players, ajitesh argel murli karthik dinesh karthik ravinder jadeja yuvraj singh ambati raydu team himachal madhya pradesh railway to do best in this season. :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

He has something to show for ? isn't it? We do have a propensity to grossly over react to things like this. Yeah I understand his averages are not earth shattering, but if he leading from the front a team which is crap anyways -- nothing wrong about it. Remember we (including me) did the same about Arjun Yadav, but he did prove that he deserves what he is doing -- or atleast not many are better than him.
i just found you a source to answer you question. slow the roll and calm down

Railways vs Gujarat : Changing colours - Karnail Singh wicket wears a coat of green The Karnail Singh Stadium pitch has changed colours. The usually brown and dusty strip has given way to a greenish tinge for the Railways' Ranji opener against Gujarat in a Elite Group A game. And so the tried-and-tested team combination on this wicket has also changed. More... 01_11_2010_027_006.jpg

UP vs Punjab : On a lively wicket, RP Singh could be key The wicket rolled out at the venue for the Group B Elite game should bring a smile to RP Singh's face. More... On a lively wicket, RP Singh could be key Indianexpress, Siddhartha Sharma, 01 November 2010 Rudra Pratap Singh bowled from a shortened run-up during practice at the Victoria Park. At 24, he has age on his side, but not form and has lost a bit of confidence. It has been over a year since RP Singh played for India. The Champions Trophy game against Pakistan at Centurion in September last year being his last. Nowadays, when the selectors sit down to pick a team, RP Singh's name isn't considered anymore. The wicket rolled out at the venue for the Group B Elite game should bring a smile to RP Singh's face. A green top was on display on the eve of the game and the nature of this wicket is unlikely to be altered going into Monday. It is the kind of strip which will enable RP Singh, who has the ability to swing the ball both ways, to display his skills and in the process bag wickets. After getting back among the wickets during the Challenger Trophy, RP Singh will be eyeing this Ranji season to prove that he hasn't lost his swing or skill. On paper, RP Singh will be part of a formidable domestic bowling line-up which will include Praveen Kumar, Bhuvnesh Kumar, Sudeep Tyagi and left-arm seamer Shalabh Srivastava. Punjab on the other hand are light on the bowling front and could be exposed. Manpreet Singh Gony, the side's highest wicket-taker last season, and Love Ablish haven't been picked. Bharat Loomba, Harmeet Singh Bansal and Navdeep Sidhu comprise the less experienced Punjab medium-pace attack. Sidhu, incidentally, could make his debut on Monday. Punjab coach Bhupinder Singh Sr believes that the the young pacers must make the best use of the lively wicket. "The only worry is our pace bowling. All the pacers are young and comparatively inexperienced. I want them to capitalise on the conditions. The wicket is bowler friendly. In place of playing two spinners we may add all-rounder Karan Goel to the side," Singh said. Uttar Pradesh coach Gyanendra Pandey confirmed that his team would stick to a five-bowler strategy with Piyush Chawla and Praveen Gupta handling the spin department. On the batting front, much would be expected from Yuvraj Singh, who will join the team on the morning of the game, while Uttar Pradesh's Mohammad Kaif and Tanmay Srivastava, who made a century in the Challenger Trophy, will need to be in fine form.

Delhi vs Bengal : Bengal, Tiwary eye revival When newly-appointed coach Prabhakar talks about Delhi's fortunes under him, it is almost has if he has a premonition of glory. For WV Raman, who landed the Bengal job this season, it about starting from scratch. More... Bengal, Tiwary eye revival Indianexpress, Nihal Koshie, 01 November 2010 Bengal skipper Manoj Tiwary's big goggles hid his eyes from betraying any emotion while he spoke at length about why the Suresh Rainas and Virat Kohlis of this world moved up the pecking order while he slipped following bouts of injury and lack of big runs. A few feet away Kohli, fresh from a match-winning century in the second One-day International against Australia at Visakhapatnam, stretched his sinews while lying down on the massage table. The No.3 in the India ODI line-up is widely seen as someone who has developed the right kind of aspirations to succeed at the international level. At 21, Kohli is three years junior to Tiwary. The Bengal batsman played his first and only One-dayer six months before Kohli wore the India blue. During his course of 21 50-over games, Kohli became the fastest Indian to 1,000 runs. When the time comes, like Uttar Pradesh's Suresh Raina and Saurashtra's Cheteshwar Pujara, Kohli would want his name to crop up in the selector's minds when one of the big stars in the Test line-up are unavailable. "When you make runs in ODI there is a tendency to get carried away. I don't want that to happen as I need to adapt to the longer version now. Scoring big runs in the domestic season adds to the confidence and hopefully I can stack up enough so that eventually when there is a place in the Test squad I am considered," Kohli said elaborating on the significance of the tournament. On the eve of the Group A Elite match, Kohli allowed Delhi coach Manoj Prabhakar to tweak his technique a wee bit to help him make the adjustment from ODIs, where innovation is the name of the game, to the four-day format. Prabhakar and Delhi, a team which has not consistently pulled their weight, will bank on runs from Kohli's bat in the early part of the season, before he is whisked away for national duty again, in a quest to enter the final. While for the Delhi batsman making runs in the Ranji Trophy will make his curriculum vitae more appealing, for Tiwary and Bengal this game and the season is about redemption and revival. When newly-appointed coach Prabhakar talks about Delhi's fortunes under him, it is almost has if he has a premonition of glory. For WV Raman, who landed the Bengal job this season, it about starting from scratch. Raman, Tiwary said had helped him realise how important it is to concentrate on the game and shut out everything else. Four seasons ago, Tiwary made everyone sit up and take notice of his stroke-making abilities with a promising 94 in front of a packed house at the Wankhede against a full-strength Mumbai attack, with Zaheer Khan in the ranks, in the final. He became the first among equals of the next generation of batsmen and earned himself an ODI call up against Bangladesh but injured his shoulder during a fielding session and was out for eight months. In early 2008, he flew in as a last-minute replacement for an injured Yuvraj Singh and was yorked by a beauty from Brett Lee before opening his account. Injury again saw him sit out of the second season of the IPL. More recently, Tiwary made news for damaging the dressing room during the Vijay Hazare Trophy and being slapped with a one-match ban after a match against Jharkhand in February. "I have learnt to deal with the disappointments in my career so far. The next couple of seasons will be crucial for me and for the team. I am at a stage where I need to make runs to get noticed again. The difficult times when I was out due to injury and runs were not flowing has taught me tough lessons," Tiwary said. Last season Bengal won just one game and finished sixth in their group. "We are going through a revival process. Our group is being called the 'group of death'. But I would call it the group of opportunity because a good performance against the big teams � Mumbai, Delhi and Tamil Nadu�- will not go unnoticed," Raman said. Delhi, Bengal share nets When the Bengal team arrived for practice at the Feroze Shah Kotla on the eve of their Ranji Trophy game against Delhi they were told that the hosts were also training at the venue at 9am. It meant there wasn't enough place for both teams at the main practice wickets. Bengal were directed to train beside the centre wickets but they were too damp. Bengal team manager Naresh Ojha then made a request to the Delhi and District Cricket Association officials to allow Bengal also to train along side the hosts at the main practice wickets. "We were told that we could train at 9 am. But when we arrived here we got to know that Delhi was also alloted the same time. There was some miscommunication on their part. This is the eve of the season opener so we didn't want to disrupt our training schedule," Ojha said. The wicket for the match on Monday has also attracted close attention from one and all and is not exactly to the liking of Delhi coach Manoj Prabhakar who is in favour of rolling out sporting pitches. However, a good portion of the grass has been shaved off ahead of the game, something that has caught the team management by surprise.

Mumbai vs Saurashtra : After making headlines, Unadkat set for debut Just 13 days past his 19 th birthday, Jaydev Unadkat was less than 24 hours away from making his highly anticipated Ranji Trophy debut and that too against no mean opponents but the two-time defending champions Mumbai. More... After making headlines, Unadkat set for debut Indianexpress, Devendra Pandey, 01 November 2010 In normal circumstances, he should have been the most nervous member of the visiting Saurashtra team as they went through their practice routines at the Mumbai Cricket Association's (MCA) BKC ground on Sunday. Just 13 days past his 19 th birthday, Jaydev Unadkat was less than 24 hours away from making his highly anticipated Ranji Trophy debut and that too against no mean opponents but the two-time defending champions Mumbai. The lanky left-arm pacer, however, looked the most focused of the lot with a certain air of confidence around him as he prepared for probably the biggest match of his life so far. The Porbandar lad's still nascent cricket career, however, has been nothing short of exceptional till now. Not only did he pick up a 13-wicket match haul in his maiden first-class outing in England earlier this year, Unadkat has already experienced two stints with the Indian Test squad�once as a net-bowler in Sri Lanka and more recently as a regular member during the second Test against Australia at Bangalore. Spare a thought then for his much senior teammate, Shitanshu Kotak, who has wheeled away defiantly for 18 years without ever being in the reckoning for a national berth. But when Saurashtra take on Mumbai in a Elite Group A game on Monday, Unadkat will be one of the key players for his side along with Kotak and the only India-cap bearer in the line-up, Ravindra Jadeja. And Unadkat is well aware of the unique circumstances in which he will be playing his maiden Ranji match. "There will be lot of expectation from me now, especially, since I been part of the national squad. A lot of hopes have been placed on me and I am looking forward to the challenge," he said. While his 13 wickets against West Indies A at Grace Road, Leicester were no mean feat, Unadkat achieved those figures in swinging conditions, where the ball dominated the bat more often than not. And he is aware that bowling on the flat wickets in India against some of the most prolific batsmen in domestic cricket will be a much more difficult task. "I was lucky to experience being part of the Indian camp so early on but the real challenge starts now. Bowling on these wickets will be an all-new ball game for me," he explained. Unadkat does have reason to believe that the first full season often ends up being the easiest and at times the most productive for young fast bowlers; Mumbai's Dhawal Kulkarni and Karnataka's Abhimanyu Mithun are prime examples of rookie pacers earning national call-ups based on remarkable returns in their maiden Ranji seasons. "Usually young pacers take wickets because opponents have no clue about them to start with. If you see there are so many bowlers working hard to get noticed and being a rookie might just work in my favour," added Unadkat. The hosts, meanwhile, will be wary of Saurashtra, who have been their bogey team over the last few seasons. And with the very consistent Ajinkya Rahane set to miss out due to an ankle injury, and Kulkarni serving a ban, Mumbai's task of overcoming the resilient outfit led by Jaydev Shah, will only be that much tougher now. While skipper Wasim Jaffer has the option of going in with the experienced Aavishkar Salvi as Ajit Agarkar's new-ball partner, new-comer Javed Khan is most likely to get the nod. But everyone involved, including Unadkat, will realise that it is the Saurashtra teenager's debut that will be the most dominant feature over the next four days.