Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Gaurav

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here!

Thats completely wrong. Mom and Pop stores have been driven out of business for the simple reason that they cannot afford to sell their products at the prices Walmart or Starbucks keep them at.
Fair enough. My point was that bigger shops have succeeded for a reason and not because they have criticized small corporations). This point has come up since I mentioned how organic and non-organic stuff are not very different and you suggested the information was due to malice of big corporations.
Better sources than NBC programs are actual journal articles on organic food is my point. And its a lot of common sense as well. How can alien hormones have any positive impact on my body? How can food grown with pesticides be better than without it? Remember it took a long time for people to realise that DDT is junk. So research takes time but the preliminary results are pretty much in favour of organic. On genetically modified food, the verdict is still ambiguous but as far as hormones and pesticides are concerned its in favour of organic.
Fair enough again. Look I never said my source was the best in the business. It was only to suggest Organic food may not be as beneficial as one thinks. If you have better source suggesting indeed Organic food are better feel free to share. I am not sure of this argument though. if the problem is eating harmone injected stuff, then this argument is itself redudant as Organic "meat" is available just as much as Organic Plants are, cattles raised on a Natural diet. So what are we argueing about here? xxx

I would answer it if I was a calorie counter type of body building kind of guy. If you want I can join that forum and ask for you?
That would be fantastic really. Actually it would be perhaps more good for you than me as you are essentially a Vegan and you would know what to eat. Chalo let me know if you get any info :wtg: xxx

From google' date=' 100 grams of tofu has 8 grams of protein and 73 calories. Should fit your criteria, Lurker.[/quote'] 100 gms of Tofu has 73 calories Shwetabh? Something is not quite right. I mean carbs and proteins have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9 calories per gram. So 100 gms should have minimum 400 calories(if it was all carbs or proteins) or maximum 900 cals. How is it 73?? Somethings is not right here..unless of course a large percentage is due to water...but tofu is solid isnt it? Check this up for me please. *****
http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-tofu.htm I just went for the first link I found on google

http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-tofu.htm I just went for the first link I found on google
Something's not right here Shwetabh. 100 gms of Tofu has 8 grms Protein, 4 grms fat. That would explain only 12 gms. What about the rest? if they are all carbs(100-12 = 88 gms) then I am leaving it right here, I mean 88% carbs..I would be a 500 pounder in no times. That aside notice how Tofu has half as much fat as much as it does protein. Hardly a great preposition. Also Tofu is widely accepted as the best vegetable protein but where is its place in an Indian diet? I can have it once a day, say with a meal but how about 3 times a day? I dont see it really. On the other hand you can have poultry 3 times a day easily. Eggs in the morning, chicken at noon/evening. Easy to use and digest and goes with Indian diet without any probs. xxx

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Lurker, the argument was not whether a vegan diet suiting your taste buds and protein requirements can be fut forth but whether something fulfilling your protein and calorie requirements can be put forth.

Chalo let me know if you get any info :wtg: *****
I will get back to you. For me it's not that important as I eat sensibly without counting the calories. I have a chart on my kitchen pin up board with list of foods that every vegetarian must eat. The food is grouped into various food categories so I pick and mix. http://vegetarian.about.com/od/healthnutrition/p/tofunutrition.htm Tofu is like a neutral thing it can go with anything. Btw as I type I am eating Quorn. Very common in European supermarkets and yummy. From the Quorn packet 100g Energy 122kcal ---------------- Protein 20g Carbs-11g Fat<1g

Lurker' date=' the argument was not whether a vegan diet suiting your taste buds and protein requirements can be fut forth but whether something fulfilling your protein and calorie requirements can be put forth.[/quote'] Indeed it was but so far we have not received that have we Shwetabh. A good 4 meal sample would be nice. Seems like GKD is working on it, hopefully he will have something for us. By the way GKD what the hell is Quron man?? :mad:

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! http://www.quorn.com/ Quorn is the leading brand of mycoprotein food product in the UK and a leading brand elsewhere. Mycoprotein is the generic term for protein-rich foodstuffs made from processed edible fungus. Quorn is produced as both a cooking ingredient and a range of ready meals. Quorn is sold (largely in Europe but also in other countries) as a healthy food and an alternative to meat, especially for vegetarians. It uses egg white as a binder.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Thanks GKD. yeah seems my supermarket sells it too. Will check it out today. By th way what was the Quron product you were having? Most of the ones I looked up have more carbs than protein man, the one which you mentioned had more proetin than carbs. The ones I got were more like. http://www.quorn.us/cmpage.aspx?pageid=462&productid=145

PETA ? Vegan Outreach ? LMFAO I didn't even bother clicking on the links. What is the point in reading jaundiced information provided by those extremists.
You would have to be a little south of dumb and little north of an imbecile to think that PETA and Vegan Outreach are extremists.

Re: Milk/ Fitness/ ChickenBreast/Nuts...everything allowed here! Even though, I eat meat everyday... I still support vegetarianism, cos the rest of my family are veggies.... Lurks, to answer ur question.... these guys dont work out and coincidentally, the guys who work out here are meat-eaters..... but i believe, u can have a good physique on a vegetarian diet... it is tough for these guys to come up with a requirement of so many proteins, crbs, fats in a day... we aall know, the non-vegetarian counterpart for tht diet, because they have thrashed dayin and day out on so many websites and forums.... all i can say, with a complete diet of dal, rice, whole wheat bread, dairy, eggs, cheese, and whey protein shakes, u can meet tht requirement... u might end up with 100 extra calories, which u might have burn in the gym or u may end up with lesser proteins which u got to compensate with low-calorie whey shakes... and egg whites are good.... it is possible to check and balance a veggie dieet to meet those requirements... but it is futile and a hassle to sit down and do it to prove a point on a forum... if someone vegetarian decides to do it, with some research on nutritional value of different veggie food, he can spnd a day and come up with a decent diet... and then, these guys wouldnt mind tht strain of doing fresh research, if they have their ideology based on ethics... i would know tht, cos my mom and wife are veggies and they will not tolerate meat at home or even broth in their food, simply for ethical reasons... they would rather starve... for u and me, it is rather simple.... we can close our eyes and roll out protein content of a 6 oz chicken breast, or a 4 oz sirloin steak...

Thanks GKD. yeah seems my supermarket sells it too. Will check it out today. By th way what was the Quron product you were having? Most of the ones I looked up have more carbs than protein man, the one which you mentioned had more proetin than carbs. The ones I got were more like. http://www.quorn.us/cmpage.aspx?pageid=462&productid=145
Yeah there are many types. So a cheese or oily stuffing type will not be too good for fitness minded people. Still 100 times better and healthier than BK and KFC type of food. The ones I eat are plain ones with just pepper and spices pre-sprinkled on it. Like I said under <1% fat and VERY tasty. The package in front of me from which I quoted those numbers says "Pepper Grill steak". They do deals with different supermarkets...so the packages and content/flavour/fillings might vary. I have not cooked anything using oil for almost 5 years :hic: I just put stuff on non stick grill pan and stuff like this Quorn cooks fine.

all i can say, with a complete diet of dal, rice, whole wheat bread, dairy, eggs, cheese, and whey protein shakes, u can meet tht requirement... u might end up with 100 extra calories, which u might have burn in the gym or u may end up with lesser proteins which u got to compensate with low-calorie whey shakes... and egg whites are good.... it is possible to check and balance a veggie dieet to meet those requirements... but it is futile and a hassle to sit down and do it to prove a point on a forum... if someone vegetarian decides to do it, with some research on nutritional value of different veggie food, he can spnd a day and come up with a decent diet... and then, these guys wouldnt mind tht strain of doing fresh research, if they have their ideology based on ethics... i would know tht, cos my mom and wife are veggies and they will not tolerate meat at home or even broth in their food, simply for ethical reasons... they would rather starve... for u and me, it is rather simple.... we can close our eyes and roll out protein content of a 6 oz chicken breast, or a 4 oz sirloin steak...
Hey hey look who is here! Good to see you on a fitness thread Gator. You know actually I have a feeling it is much ado about nothing. As far as I am concerned most people here use atleast Eggs in their diet. Even the vegans. Now if you have eggs in your diet you have a very good source of protein right there. That coupled with Whey or any other form of Protein Shake should cover the bases. It would not make you the biggest bloke on the block but still strong enough. Now if you eat chicken that should be more than enough. If you eat fish too then you are all set. The issue is when someone is completely vegan. In other words no eggs, no chicken or fish. Then the only good source of proetin is milk, soy and lentils..not the best option in my opinion. xxxx

The ones I eat are plain ones with just pepper and spices pre-sprinkled on it. Like I said under <1% fat and VERY tasty. The package in front of me from which I quoted those numbers says "Pepper Grill steak". They do deals with different supermarkets...so the packages and content/flavour/fillings might vary.
Okay will look that up :wtg:

You would have to be a little south of dumb and little north of an imbecile to think that PETA and Vegan Outreach are extremists.
You have to be incredibly delusional to believe that a group which essentially advocates "liberation" for each and every living animal, wants to abolish commercial use of animals altogther, and supports terrorist activities aren't extremist. The veggie brigade here seems to be going out of their way to support PETA's assertions, but you can't have it both ways. If you love animals so much and can't stand the thought of killing one for consumption, then i am assuming that you have abandoned all your leather products (shoes, belts, jackets, etc) your woolen clothes and anything else which has an element of animal product in it ? Well ?

Dude' date=' India has a BURGEONING middle class population. Not everyone is poor, and many can afford to have a very satisfactory living. Besides, I am going by the Indians i see here in the US. The economic factors don't apply in either case, but my previous point still holds true. [b']You can rubbish all justification for eating meat 'til you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that people who consume meats are markedly superior to cabbage-heads in terms of physical prowess and overall fitness
we really do need to meet predator, i insist.

People from the Japanese islands particularly Okinawa are reported to have the longest life expectancy in the world. This has in part been attributed to the local diet here. The diet consists of a relatively low intake of calories, with fish and other types of marine foods as some of its main staples. It has highest number of septagarians per capita in the world. So , I don't buy this vegetarian diet being the best personally. Even the ovo-lacto vegitarian diest which is still very good does not address the human bodies need for essential amino acids although walnut and flaxseed are the exception . Fish has plenty of omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for the heart function and brain development. In fact , even the aged people of okinawa are able to arrest the development of age related coronary diseases like blood pressure, heart attack etc.
get your facts right brother... their diet includes trace amounts of fish only. their diet does however include massive amounts of a readily available sea weed. if you want, i can post the article from national geographic. see some of us actually do read and hence, are a bit more informed.