20 million in the bank and going to Stanford - Michelle Wie

yoda

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/golf/12/19/wie.stanford.ap/index.html Michelle Wie celebrated her first victory of the year -- she got accepted to Stanford. The 17-year-old senior at Punahou School in Honolulu said Tuesday she would enroll in the fall, dispelling any talk she would concentrate exclusively on her professional golf career once she finished high school. "No one really believed me," Wie said from Orlando, Fla., where she is working with swing coach David Leadbetter. "Now that I got into Stanford ... it was one of my dreams, and I want to go through with it. I definitely want to go there and really try to graduate." Wie has been mixing school and tour golf since she played three LPGA Tour events at age 12. She turned professional in October 2005 and earned close to $20 million this year from endorsements, earnings and appearance money overseas. And while she still hasn't won on the LPGA Tour -- she had three close calls in the majors -- Wie said her nerves were never more jangled than waiting to see if she had been accepted. She got the news Friday.