Hero’s welcome for shooter

Sir john

him2.jpg Ace shooter Subedar Vijay Kumar, who has brought laurels to Hamirpur district and the country by winning four medals (three gold and one silver) in shooting in Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, was given a rousing welcome by people of the area on reaching his ancestral Harsour village today. The people of the area, local MLA Baldev Sharma, leaders across party lines, panchayat presidents and other elected representatives and representatives from district administration joined his relatives and friends in according a warm welcome to the hero for glorifying this area. Vijay Kumar, who was driven in a car decorated with flowers, was received amid drum beats on the boundary of Hamirpur district near Lathiani by people. Sweets were also distributed. From there, he was taken to the Badsar bazaar. On reaching his village, Vijay was given a rousing reception by his family members and a big gathering. While his family members, relatives and friends danced on drum beats, firework was displayed and sweets were distributed. Overjoyed, the father of Vijay Banku Ram also organised a dham (traditional feast) for the people of the area. Talking to mediapersons, Vijay said, “I am happy that my performance in Commonwealth Games has brought medals for the country, my next target will be a gold in Olympics and at present I am preparing for the next Asiad.†He said, “The money which he will get in the prize will be spent to get coaching from foreign coaches and buying perfect weapons for shooting. I had already spent about Rs 5 lakh on coaching in Germany before these games last month†he added. Telling about his training, Vijay said, “I keep myself in perfect health by taking energetic food, exercise and practices for about five hours daily.†On being asked about his marriage plans he replied: “At present, I want to concentrate on my game for two-three years and will think about marriage after that only.†:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: