'Tendulkar better than Bradman' : Zaheer Abbas

Guest prince

what do u mean by spot has already beent aken its sounding as if in indian buses u throw a piece of cloth and say that the seat is yours and no one can ever sit on it as far as bus goes on
It's whatever you want to take it as. Bottom line, no one will ever snatch Bradman's spot. Forget Bradman, if you ask most of the former players to compile a list of the best batsmen from 1950 onwards, the great Gary Sobers will come out on top, followed by King Viv and then Tendulkar. My top 5 greatest batsmen will be - 1. Don Bradman 2. Gary Sobers 3. Viv Richards 4. Jack Hobbs 5. Sachin Tendulkar
proof ????
Just to give you a little idea. In 2001, ESPN compiled a list of the top 25 greatest cricketers of all time with the help of about 15 judges. Most of the judges included former greats, and a few cricket experts. Mind you, those guys played against the very best of their era and have seen countless other players play. Their opinion holds way more weightage than a common fan. Tendulkar came out as the 7th greatest cricketer in that list, and as the 5th greatest batsman, with just 4 batsmen rated ahead of him - Bradman, Sobers, Richards and Hobbs. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Legends_of_Cricket

It's whatever you want to take it as. Bottom line, no one will ever snatch Tendulkar's spot. Forget Bradman, if you ask most of the former players to compile a list of the best batsmen from 1950 onwards, the great Tendulkar will come out on top, followed by Lara and then Richards. My top 5 greatest batsmen will be - 1. Tendulkar 2. Bradman 3. Lara 4. Ponting 5. Rameez Raja you see :D

I'm one of the most hardcore Tendulkar fans. But I ain't one of those blind ones. I take solace in the fact that he will feature in any damn All Time World XI ever prepared and among the top 10 of any list of greatest cricketers ever prepared. That list made by ESPN was in 2001, just half way through Tendulkar's career. Yet he came ahead of Imran Khan. Funny how according to our neighbors, their hero Imran Khan comes out better than even Bradman as a cricketer.

Just to give you a little idea. In 2001, ESPN compiled a list of the top 25 greatest cricketers of all time with the help of about 15 judges. Most of the judges included former greats, and a few cricket experts. Mind you, those guys played against the very best of their era and have seen countless other players play. Their opinion holds way more weightage than a common fan. Tendulkar came out as the 7th greatest cricketer in that list, and as the 5th greatest batsman, with just 4 batsmen rated ahead of him - Bradman, Sobers, Richards and Hobbs. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_Legends_of_Cricket
2001? tendulkar at that time had completed only half of his career and where is muralitharan? and how is shane warne that much better than him? and only 15 judges?
I'm one of the most hardcore Tendulkar fans. But I ain't one of those blind ones. I take solace in the fact that he will feature in any damn All Time World XI ever prepared and in among the top 10 of any list of greatest cricketers ever prepared. That list made by ESPN was in 2001, just half way through Tendulkar's career. Yet he came ahead of Imran Khan. Funny how according to our neighbors, their hero Imran Khan comes out better than even Bradman as a cricketer.
Tendulkar's exploits are the sum total of his achievements in both the forms of the game... by the way, can u explain y Kallis is not even considered an all time great even though his batting average in ODI;s as well as Tests are on par with tendulkar???
Tendulkar's exploits are the sum total of his achievements in both the forms of the game... by the way, can u explain y Kallis is not even considered an all time great even though his batting average in ODI;s as well as Tests are on par with tendulkar???
Ricahards averages 50.23 while Miandad averages 52.57, yet Richards is on the 3rd spot in the above list while Miandad is nowhere among the top 25. Why? It's about the impact a player makes in the game. Kallis's impact in the game compared to Tendulkar is a big, fat ZERO.
Point is enjoy the great mans achievements they are second to none ... don't get sucked into the propaganda bandwagons that are usually the handiwork of Old foggy's. .
And you need to do the same when it comes to other players instead of being hung up on this one player and trying to downplay other players who are as good and bettered Tendulkar depending what makes a great player in ones estimates. The game is much bigger than a player or two.
And you need to do the same when it comes to other players instead of being hung up on this one player and trying to downplay other players who are as good and bettered Tendulkar depending what makes a great player in ones estimates. The game is much bigger than a player or two.
and same applies to u who is lifelessly stumbling on to people who admire a living legend and his game and the moments he has given us
Actually that applies to you more than anybody else ... I mean look at your posts in the various Bradman threads ... what are you doing other than downplaying the Great mans achievements even while he has put up one surreal inngs after another all in recent past ? Your criteria of evaluation is just very simple ... older the player the better he must be in your estimate. That is nothing but another manifestation of political correctness borne out of your rigidity to come to terms with the fact that there is a possibility for batsmen to achieve higher levels as time progresses. And to make matters worse you havent even seen Bradman bat nor will you allow footage to interrupt your view of the world. All that matters is the amount of column inches that cricket "experts" have spit out embellishing their favourite player(s). Facts be damned. And FWIW I have seen SMG and IVAR bat ... and I was convinced that their achievments would never be bettered in future. I was grossly wrong. I have realized that we need to move on with time. There is no point getting stuck in a time warp and wallowing such as the likes of Geoff Boycott do so often along the lines of "Once upon a time things were difficult ... yada yada ..." . A word of appreciation must go to SMG' date=' IVAR and even DGB himself who recognized that they were witnessing something different. SMG even went to the extent of bowing to SRT on live TV soon after the ODI double hundred because only super legends are capable of such feats. It doesnt make me a fanatic if I spare no efforts in highlighting the greatness of the man who is capable of such feats but Iam not so sure of those who like to notpick , downplay and even find faults while the mountain of runs stare at them.[/quote']Spoken like my moniker. I put down the great man's achievements? May be you want to point me to those posts or is it the whole world is jaundiced because you cannot appreciate anyone but that one player and run to statsguru at every turn of the way to present stats to suit your POV and undermine other's feats. Before trying to find holes in others shoes may be it is better to look at our owns for they make have the bigger ones.