Are man utd fans real fans?

King Tendulkar

Re: Are man utd fans real fans? When I was a kid, my parents banned me from ever going to a football ground because they were afraid of racist violence. The only football I could see was on TV, so I was always going to fall for a club that was on TV regularly, and that would most likely be a big club anyway...

Re: Are man utd fans real fans? dsr, if you don't live within spitting distance of WHL - you're a gloryhunter too, m8. Besides, there are plenty of sh*tty clubs in the London area - why did you choose to support a reasonably SUCCESSFUL PREMIERSHIP side like Tottenham ? Why not QPR, Brentford, Milwall or Barnet ? You're just as big a gloryhunter as anyone else m8

Re: Are man utd fans real fans?

So I assume I am correct in saying that none of you man utd fans live in Manchester. Thanks for the confirmation :hic:
and by your theory, football fans in India should not support any club... Well, maybe Mahindra United :lmao:

Re: Are man utd fans real fans? holysmoke people who do not live in the UK or a recognised football nation can obviously support who they want, no worries on that front. I am addressing the UK based fans. Who have plenty of local clubs to support in their local cities but choose to support Man Utd or Liverpool. They are clearly glory hunters.

holysmoke people who do not live in the UK or a recognised football nation can obviously support who they want, no worries on that front. I am addressing the UK based fans. Who have plenty of local clubs to support in their local cities but choose to support Man Utd or Liverpool. They are clearly glory hunters.
not really mate. You support who you like. You are not bounded by any contract to support the local club in the place u live.... I like the way manchester united play their football, I even like the way Arsenal play.. Even if i lived right opposite Stamford Bridge, I wouldnt want to support Chelsea. Why? because I dont like how they play. I did like em when Zola was around, but not anymore, specially after Jose has come in .. People who support their local teams just do so because of peer pressure. Ideally, You should support a team that entertains you, and Manchester United or Arsenal entertain me more than Chelsea.

holysmoke people who do not live in the UK or a recognised football nation can obviously support who they want, no worries on that front. I am addressing the UK based fans. Who have plenty of local clubs to support in their local cities but choose to support Man Utd or Liverpool. They are clearly glory hunters.
not really mate. You support who you like. You are not bounded by any contract to support the local club in the place u live....
Totally agree. You can support who you want. However, if you do not support a team in your local city eg living in london and supporting man utd, then be prepared for being called a glory hunter and dont get upset about it!

People who support their local teams just do so because of peer pressure. Ideally, You should support a team that entertains you, and Manchester United or Arsenal entertain me more than Chelsea.
Not really. You cant have real affinity (I don't think anyway) for a team based purely on the way in which they play. There are a few teams that play great football- United do, Arsenal arguably play even better football though- (not that it gets them anywhere these days) - so why not support them? Chelsea, won the Prem when they played Robben and Duff down the flanks a few seasons ago -playing great football... I think people should support they're local teams but eventually it is personal choice...Like CoB is saying a lot of us shouldn't support India seeing that we've barely lived there. (if at all) To say 'People who support their local teams just do so because of peer pressure' is not really true. They're your local team, you have to support them I think. Even if they're sh!te, which in Leicesters case is very true. It hurts almost physically when they get relegated, go into administration heck even when they go a goal down in a match. I cant see how you can feel for an 'adopted' team the same way- but then you guys it seems clearly do... so thats just my view...

Re: Are man utd fans real fans? ALSO It is alot more exciting supporting your local cra p teams. So United won ANOTHER prem title. Leicester very nearly got relegated into Divs one, had a new owner which has given us hopeless optimists new life, sacked a manager and got a new one. All in 6 months. Never a dull moment. Except for the 90 mins when they actually play football I guess...