NBA Thread

head coach

Re: NBA Thread I really like the Rockets. They have probably the best big man in the league right now, i guess Shaq is still slightly better but his health is so variable that you never know when he may go out with an injury or niggle and T-Mac is a super-star with that glint in his eye he really wants to win, and win badly. They've got a great supporting cast with Battier, Head, Alston, Hayes adn the veterans howard adn Dike! Dallas is i guess still favorites to win especially considering both their performance last year, their regular season, and avery johnson is a really smart coach. My favorite team is the Cavs, but I just don't think King James has the supporting Cast to take the rings home. Lets see... Oh i'd also love to see phoenix win b/c they are so fun to watch. They plyaed really well last year without Amare and Kurt so lets see how they play this year, they're demolishing the lakers who suck ass!

Re: NBA Thread I must say, i love watching the Golden State Warriors. They are so resilient and they got a fantastic PG in the Baron. Guys like Barnes and Biedrins are so limited in ability yet they put all their effort in and score big points. I'd take guys like the Baron and Richardson over primadonnas like Wade, Carter, etc. any day of the week - they play superbly under pressure. Got unlucky last night vs the Mavs, as Nowitzki hit those two three pointers to bring em in touching distance and then Baron fouled out. Still, they came so close. How many teams come back from a near 20 point deficit ? These Warriors have been doing it all season long against the #1 team

Re: NBA Thread Finally got to watch the warriors this season and what a game it was yesterday. High level of offense, pretty decent defense. Mavs finally managed to get the ball to Nowitzki in the waning moments to given themselves another game. Yes, the warriors are playing like the #1 team as opposed to the #8 team. But Pred, Wade is a great great player. Remember he is playing with a barely recovered dislocated shoulder.

Re: NBA Thread Great player or not, i watched this guy choke one FT after the other against Chicago when the team was counting on him. Good players should be able to produce when needed. Look at Baron Davis - he hit one three after another last night and continously kept his team in it when the Mavs were threatening to extend their lead.

Re: NBA Thread Wade is a selfish player. The time when he was resting Heat actually won more games since there was adequate passing of the ball. Every other player in the team including Shaq was able to play their natural game. Yesterday Mavs were just lucky.

Re: NBA Thread Shaq - don't get me started on that fat motherf*cker. He can't shoot for sh*t. Another big time choker in those games vs Chi-town Seriously, these primadonnas are all useless. Pick the underdogs to trump them everytime. The Luol Dengs, the Baron Davises.

Re: NBA Thread Yeah he choked big time against Bulls. But he was the one who got a playoff spot for Heat. New brigade is good but they lack playoff experience. If they had experience, yesterday would have been different story

Re: NBA Thread Yeah, Spurs or Pistons. Both are very dull teams to watch; mechanically efficient, and strictly "defense-first" in terms of their approach. That said, they are the best teams in the league right now. I like the Phoenix Suns but their team doesn't quite have the same big match presence as the Spurs or the Pistons do. Ideally, i'd like the Golden State Warriors to go all the way but after their spectacular f*ck-up in Utah, it looks highly unlikely. For those who didn't catch it, they were leading with about 5 seconds on the clock until Williams (IIRC) was allowed to hit a game leveller. They fell apart in first 2 mins of overtime and lost by 7