NBA Thread

head coach

Re: NBA Thread I watched the Warriors game last night ! Absolutely awesome performance. They completely BLEW AWAY the Jazz, no chance in hell. They came out like a house on fire as the Oakland crowd was pushing the decibel meter higher and higher. At one point they had taken a 30 point lead ! Baron Davis was irresistible as ever, and the likes of Harrington, Jackson, Richardson, Pietrus were RAINING three pointers ALL NIGHT LONG. The max # of threes in a playoff game is 20, and i think the Warriors scored some 15. There is no team in the league which can match their shooting from the perimeter and the remarkable thing is how regularly they score from that area. Even against the Mavs, they hit lots and lots of three pointers. The most memorable moment of the game for me was when Baron drilled a full-blooded dunk OVER the lanky giant Kirilenko. Baron = best point guard in the NBA

Re: NBA Thread

Yes Baron should MVP for Playoffs. That dunk made nearly Kirilenko pi$$ in his shorts :hic: BTW Dirk has been declared MVP
After the Mavs' elimination everyone is b*tching about Dirk's MVP award. I personally have no problem with it - the voting is done during the course of the regular season and Nowitzki was on fire throughout the year as Dallas swept all before them. Given the criteria which is used to determine the MVP, Nowitzki fully deserves it.

The Warriors played like sh*t last night. The mormons now only a game away from progressing' date=' and i feel they will do that comfortably at home.[/quote'] warriors lost the series in game 2. you don't blow a 6 point lead on the road with under a minute left all because of stupid turnovers.

The Warriors played like sh*t last night. The mormons now only a game away from progressing' date=' and i feel they will do that comfortably at home.[/quote'] warriors lost the series in game 2. you don't blow a 6 point lead on the road with under a minute left all because of stupid turnovers.
Jazz had 25 turnovers in 3rd game. Yesterday Warriors' FG% was quite low

Re: NBA Thread Yesterday they hit under 60% of their free throws, while the Jazz hit slightly over 80% of theirs. Even the Baron was f*cking up his free throws, i recall him missing two in a row. That was the difference in the end. The Jazz played solid D too, as the Warriors were restricted to hitting threes in that final quarter and were never allowed to run at the basket. As stupid as their game 2 defeat in Utah was (i wrote about it in this thread) they could have easily made it 2-2 yesterday, but now it's impossible for them to progress as the Jazz are only 1 game away and can afford to lose again.

Well, that is the end of the Well, that is the end of the NBA season for me. It will be if the Spurs win anyway PS; how ridiculous was Stern's call to suspend Stoudemire and Diaw for getting off the bench after Horry pole-axed Nash ? What a joke the NBA are.

If this turns out to be a Spur-Pistons finals then rest assured a good amount of NBA fans would switch their television off. NBA has been struggling to reach out to new audiences(one reason why they are going bullish on Europe and Asia). By most accounts NBA saw its golden era(in terms of viewership) between early 80 and late 90s when hotshots like Magic, Bird and Jordan ruled the roost. Part of their charm was to do the unthinkable. Since Jordan retired we have had a bunch of pretenders ready to step in his shoes but of course they have all flattered to deceive. No NBA fans turns up to watch a team with great defense. Most of us, if not all, want a high scoring games with ample dunks, cross court 3 and so on. This is one reason why teams like Dallas and Phoenix Suns are popular. They run hard and score as much as they can. A Spur-Piston finals would most likely look like a 82-78 score at the end and who the hell wants to see that? xxx PS: Predator the decision on Amarie/Diaw was the worst I have seen in a long time. Suns coach D'Antoni said it best - "It didnt benefit Spurs, it didnt benefit fans, it certainly didnt benefit us, so what was the use?"