Most pointless family picture of the year

King

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year You got yourself too many hypocrites then.

interesting point of view... but what if they do feel comfy in it and thats why they are wearing it?
I find it impossible to believe that a woman would actually feel comfortable in one of those ninja suits ! I have seen moslim women in India sweating like pigs under them during the summer. Arab countries have similar climates. There is no way they can feel comfy wearing that kind of clothing Mini-skirts for all. :wtg:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year okay predator, lets bring in a bit of science in here. When wearing loose clothes like pardhas, etc, etc, more air movement on the skin surface is possible, so less heat is felt. Whereas when skin fitting clothes are worn less air movements, so we feel hotter. Plus, more skin exposure to the hot sun, means more darker skin, also more vit D production. but there is a limit... morning sun is much appreciated... we here are talking abt noon sun, k... Sweating is good... at least, ur getting rid of unwanted toxic through the skin and it can be washed of... also, excess water in the body can be gotten rid of in that fashion (useful for people who doesnt like visiting the washroom often) And the only thing you have to do to keep healthy when living like this is to drink lots of water.. even more healthy living... :wtg: Lets keep this debate going again... :wink:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year

okay predator, lets bring in a bit of science in here. When wearing loose clothes like pardhas, etc, etc, more air movement on the skin surface is possible, so less heat is felt. Whereas when skin fitting clothes are worn less air movements, so we feel hotter. Plus, more skin exposure to the hot sun, means more darker skin, also more vit D production. but there is a limit... morning sun is much appreciated... we here are talking abt noon sun, k... Sweating is good... at least, ur getting rid of unwanted toxic through the skin and it can be washed of... also, excess water in the body can be gotten rid of in that fashion (useful for people who doesnt like visiting the washroom often) And the only thing you have to do to keep healthy when living like this is to drink lots of water.. even more healthy living... :wtg: Lets keep this debate going again... :wink:
I agree with all you've said but one thing I need to know why don't the men follow similar outfit in middle east if it's a better option???? Why is that only women have to cover everything but for the eyes? :chin:

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year the men do wear long flowing robes (full sleeve again) and turban... so there's nothing for me to say more i think... plus, the men are those who are leading the ladies, so they need their faces open... not to mention they have thick long beards... it does the jobs of the viel... question answered? :chin:

the men do wear long flowing robes (full sleeve again) and turban... so there's nothing for me to say more i think... plus' date=' the men are those who are leading the ladies, so they need their faces open... not to mention they have thick long beards... it does the jobs of the viel... question answered? :chin:[/quote'] Nope Aqua not convinced. A beard cannot be compared to a veil. Long flowing robes also cannot be compared to the ones that women wear. Why should men lead ladies? A lot of ladies are far stronger than the fat obese men that sit on their fat arses and do nothing. Let's be honest all these age old religions are just there to oppress women and they treat women with contempt. I'm not just talking about Islam but a lot of religions. Bottom line is that men from centuries old didn't think women are as capable enough.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year wait a minute... lets just clear this doubt... were talking abt men from the middle east rite? and what do you mean by 'the ones that women wear'? Burqas or pardhas? they are different. Burqa is a huge black shawl that are wrapped arnd a lady (prefered by mothers). Pardhas are just long pull-on type bajus... Answer this first pls.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Whatever part of the world I wouldn't approve this kind of dress code for women while the men can walk around showing their pretty face to one and all. If women wears it I have no problem but am just stating my opinion here. I'm referring to the dress in the photo that was posted by me in this thread (someone called it Ninja suit).

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Don't bother about these, get your assignment done that is far more important. Who cares what someone wears as long as we are not forced to go through it :roll: As I said I don't mind someone wearing it but reasoning such dress type is just waste of time. If men wore similar dress then I would say it fits the culture, time and both sexes are regarded equal. In reality in most religions women aren't accorded similar status as men and that is something I don't like.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year ok, i'm taking another 'short' break... which i always seem to drag on for a while... guilty... :lol: Anyway, getting back into topic... ur point on fat obese men dong nothing shouldnt be the ones to lead women? well, maybe in the west. In the middle east, the ladies gets to sit in the camels enjoying themselves with all the other ladies, while men poor things have to walk along with the camels, in the hot sun again... poor things... thats the nomads.. a beard isnt necesary for men. its just a preference...

Long flowing robes also cannot be compared to the ones that women wear.
Why not? when compared to the pardhas, they are definitely the same... Anyway, ninja suits (as said by our dear predator)... Have you ever walked in to a store selling pardhas and burqas? Wow, its really cool.. here in brunei, they sell pardhas for B$100... and its a beauty.. with stone works, embroidery... And head scarves, pull-ons etc are being considered as accessories... non muslims want them too...

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year The problem is Aqua you've seen only Brunei and believe me I've been around the world few times. If you still can't see the men dominated religions then you need a good look up at these religions. Men created religions and no wonder they just want women for very mundane needs. You compare the ninja suits (don't know what to call them so for now we shall use this term) to a robe which is a bit over me. The women are covered head to toe with this suit unlike the robe the men wear.

Wow, its really cool.. here in brunei, they sell pardhas for B$100... and its a beauty.. with stone works, embroidery... And head scarves, pull-ons etc are being considered as accessories... non muslims want them too...
There isn't anything cool about handiwork on clothes that cover women from head to toe. They might as well use that in a museum than on a women :hic: In this part of the world if I look around and ask if there is any women that want to buy those suits to wear they would look at me strangely. In Brunei it may work as it is traditionally been a religion backed place but not elsewhere. There is more to life than just religion. I can go on further into this and if you still want me to then you have to be a little open minded to understand I'm not thrashing religion just for the sake of it. From the angle I see it the religions are just an excuse for some strong ones to dominate over common people.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year I think although religion contributes to the oppression the majority is with the people that follow the religion. The stronger ones have twisted the religion to suit their needs otherwise you wouldn't have sultans with 30 odd wives or say some hundreds of years ago the wives of kings in sub continent had to flame themselves if their husband died. The religion doesn't teach these but the cultural, biological and the situation has made some stronger men to seek this line. Recently I read few girls were left to rot in the fire as the policemen did not allow these little girls to leave the school as they weren't wearing the veil. Do you think the religion preached them to do it? Nope but dumb people took this veil wearing to a different level. Read the below it is so barbaric these guys are posing in the name of religion. A commoner like you and me irrespective of what religion we belong to will not commit such acts. I know in Islam a man can marry 4 times officially at any point in time but a woman cannot. A Hindu widow some hundreds of years ago was banned from wearing coloured clothing, needed to shave head and abandon her normal lifestyle. These are not humane stuff but in the name of religion the women were oppressed all the while irrespective of the religion. Now of course things have evolved and changed accordingly but some still misuse religion. I think majority of the problems today around the world is because of religion and am pretty happy not to follow any religion fanatically. To be honest I do not want to convince otherwise with regards to religion or anything. You are still young and naive. You will figure out the true face of religion when you grow up. I'm not a big fan of religion for obvious reasons.

According to the al-Eqtisadiah daily, firemen confronted police after they tried to keep the girls inside because they were not wearing the headscarves and abayas (black robes) required by the kingdom's strict interpretation of Islam. One witness said he saw three policemen "beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya". The Saudi Gazette quoted witnesses as saying that the police - known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice - had stopped men who tried to help the girls and warned "it is a sinful to approach them". The father of one of the dead girls said that the school watchman even refused to open the gates to let the girls out. "Lives could have been saved had they not been stopped by members of the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice," the newspaper concluded.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Excellent digression. Some very fine points by Radhika, Ravi. I see these burquas as oppressive & discriminative clothing, which really inhibits a woman from expressing herself. Its a really a statement on how the religion treats woman. I have no issues with this type of clothing being taken up voluntarily by woman or being restricted to religious cities such as Mecca. But requiring people to wear this type of clothing in day to day life because of religious reasons or because they are woman is a sign of a very male dominant, primitive religion.

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year interesting write up ravi... but you dint mention the countries or cities these things were happening...

sultans with 30 odd wives
its not permitted in islam, what ever said and done. fours the limit... :chin: where is this?

Re: Most pointless family picture of the year Why have a funny section or sport section? Just have general discussion section! More people will read posts and topics and thus more will post and get more discussion which is the whole point! By having to many sections topics, posts spread more, making it difficult to read all posts. This reduces discussion!

Recently I read few girls were left to rot in the fire as the policemen did not allow these little girls to leave the school as they weren't wearing the veil. Do you think the religion preached them to do it? Nope but dumb people took this veil wearing to a different level. Read the below it is so barbaric these guys are posing in the name of religion. A commoner like you and me irrespective of what religion we belong to will not commit such acts.
I read a story about a moslim girl in the UK who had the sh*t beaten out of her by family members while she was lying motionless on her hospital bed. The reason ? She was suffering from an asthma attack and the ninja mask was suffocating her. Desperately in need of air, she removed it in the presence of her family to take a breath and promptly got her "just-desserts". What a wonderful religion, eh ?