Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

1. If this is a problem who is EXACTLY responsible for the defeats in these matches ?
Referring to this post again: 1st factor - Other Players' fault ( specific to when Sachin scores Tons) 2nd factor - Team quality - Other Players' fault 3rd factor - Sachin's Fault 4th Factor - Nobody's fault And as I have mentioned, these factors are working together, not necessarily one-at-a-time in each match. Hope you understand...
2. Instead of SRT if someone else had made those runs would the end result have been different?
I am talking specifically about Tons not Runs. And based on the stats, the answer to this question is 'Yes'.
Referring to this post again: 1st factor - Other Players' fault ( specific to when Sachin scores Tons) 2nd factor - Team quality - Other Players' fault 3rd factor - Sachin's Fault 4th Factor - Nobody's fault And as I have mentioned, these factors are working together, not necessarily one-at-a-time in each match. Hope you understand... I am talking specifically about Tons not Runs. And based on the stats, the answer to this question is 'Yes'.
How is it Sachin's fault? Only three of the 13 defeats have come when India was chasing?
No I simply dont understand ... lets take the last two matches : Ind vs SAF and Ind vs Eng ... what more should SRT have done ? If you say not much then what is the point of this thread ? ( and Yay we are back to square one ) Yes I know we are talking about tons. So let me get this straight had Sehwag made 111(101) and SRT 73(63) we would have somehow wonagainst SAF ? Is this what you are implying ?
:mad: sirji, doesnt factor 1 clearly state how Sachin's Tons may affect performances of other players?? and you could probably associate that factor to india losing 9/29 Vs SA and 7/23 Vs england and then letting them make 338.

What a stupid discussion going on..It's like people discussing Astrology and trying to prove it's science..Or trying to justify the stupid predictions of "Ganesha".. The discussion should be about the level of commitment and performance of team members.. Centuries or no centuries, I can clearly see why matches are being lost when I see the way Captain plays, captains the team, the player's attitude and fielding etc..

O the meaningless runs/tons scored in wins rears its ugly head. How many times have I showed that stat is meaningless. For eample S waugh must have had an amazing win ration when he scored a ton and an amazing win ratio when he scored a duck! He just played for an amazing tem that won no matter what he did. Just imagine if he played for bangla, his win ratio when ton scored or duck scored would have been miserable. Thus all this pants stat shows is that Aussies are a great team that wins and bangla are a rubbish team that loses. Lies, Dammed lies and statistics

So long story short .... those stats you put up mean absolutely nothing or that a lot of players suck when SRT makes runs or that he makes runs when others cant. PS: Will you answer my question about what would have happened if VS had made 111 ?
Spot on. Those stats make no sense to me
So long story short .... those stats you put up mean absolutely nothing or that a lot of players suck when SRT makes runs or that he makes runs when others cant. PS: Will you answer my question about what would have happened if VS had made 111 ?
The bolded part is incorrect. Already answered ur ques. as 'Yes' based on the stats....
The bolded part is incorrect. Already answered ur ques. as 'Yes' based on the stats....
Since you admit that he makes runs when others don't, how is it his fault that India lose - its plain and simple for every rational man to see that one guy is making runs while others are not so the fault for the loss should be with the ones WHO HAVE NOT PERFORMED but you are trying to blame that one guy who has performed - what kind of a logic is this :doh:
Answer these questions - how is it the fault of a batsman if the bowlers don't bowl well after the batsman has scored a 100? or how is it the fault of batsman if after he scores a 100' date= provides a solid opening to the team and then gets out and the rest of the batting follows him in a space of 29 runs?? or how is it the fault of a 37 year old man who, after scoring a 100, is throwing himself all around the field in order to save each possible run but others like Munaf/Nehra etc are fielding as if a few extra runs given in the field don't matter at all??? or how is it the fault of a batsman if the bowlers give away 350 against Aus (Hydesrabad ODI) but still that man goes out and makes 175 runs, gets out with 18 runs needed for victory and the rest of the batsmen cannot make those runs????
But the consistentcy of the 100s being scored has been almost the same throughout the career, so how (or rather why) is it that the same 100s that resulted in India's win from 1989 to 2006 are resulting in loss from 2006 onwards?? The answer is simple - earlier the rest of the team also contributed when he scored a 100 but now the rest of the players do not perform well when Goddy scores a 100 - they are the ones you should blame for these losses. He was scoring 100s earlier also and he's scoring 100s now also, so how come he's responsible for India's winning% going down :dontknow: How could you say with certainty that people are more interested in "recent" records and even more importantly, how do you define the term "recent" - what criteria have you used in order to come to the conclusion that the period from 2006 onwards is to be classified as "recent" ??? Why not take the period from 2007 onwards - India's winning% has been 58.2 since 2007 BUT when Goddy scores a 100 it goes up to 62.5% - maybe thats why you took the period from 2006 as "recent". ?
were those matches against the minnow practice matches??? or did the minnows specifically bowl easily to Goddy but bowled good balls to the other batsmen so that the other batsmen were not able to score runs while Goddy scored 100s so you are inclined to exclude these matches from the total score???
Vaibhav_Dhoni - these are some of the questions I've asked you over the last few days............I'm still waiting for some answers.