Sachin's centuries and India's defeats.

vaibhav, why are you finding it so hard to understand simple things : 1. Since Tendulkar scores more centuries than anyone else his centuries in win percentage is going to be closer to the team's overall winning percentage. 2. Small numbers make a lot of these statistics quite meaningless the way you are presenting them. For example you are saying his win percentage is 55% since 2000 (11 out of 20). Before the world cup it was 11 out of 18 - 61%, which according to you is an acceptable figure. 3. Over the last few years, Tendulkar has been skipping a lot of the easier series. But you haven't taken this into account while calculating the numbers. 4. From my naive thought Indian batsmen are more likely to get complacent and throw away their wickets if say Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc. score a hundred. If Tendulkar does it then in their minds they would still think that these might be difficult conditions and we still have to apply ourselves. But if lesser batsmen score hundreds, then there are more chances of being complacent. Is that not right? You are just trying to force causality into correlations.
:nono: :nono: iss thread mein logic/commonsense ka use karna sakht manaa hai.
vaibhav, why are you finding it so hard to understand simple things : 1. Since Tendulkar scores more centuries than anyone else his centuries in win percentage is going to be closer to the team's overall winning percentage. 2. Small numbers make a lot of these statistics quite meaningless the way you are presenting them. For example you are saying his win percentage is 55% since 2000 (11 out of 20). Before the world cup it was 11 out of 18 - 61%, which according to you is an acceptable figure. 3. Over the last few years, Tendulkar has been skipping a lot of the easier series. But you haven't taken this into account while calculating the numbers. 4. From my naive thought Indian batsmen are more likely to get complacent and throw away their wickets if say Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni etc. score a hundred. If Tendulkar does it then in their minds they would still think that these might be difficult conditions and we still have to apply ourselves. But if lesser batsmen score hundreds, then there are more chances of being complacent. Is that not right? You are just trying to force causality into correlations.
1. Already taken that into account. Read factor#2. I neither believe that its the only factor nor the most important factor why we see 55%. you could perhaps say win %age could be 75-80% for the 20 sachin 100s but 55% is obviously too less. 2. I believe the sample size is fair. 61% is also not acceptable. 15 to 18 wins in 20 hundreds would have been acceptable. 3. Thats a fair point, but a very minute point. I have taken win percentage only Vs the Big teams so difference between the win %age in games where sachin has taken part to overall win %age is neglible. ( 49.8- 50.3 = 0.5%). To you, the point seems bigger probably bcoz of indias recent 5-0 whitewash of the kiwis without sachin, but as you can see, it makes neglible difference: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;result=1;result=2;result=3;spanmax2=31+Dec+2011;spanmin2=01+Jan+2000;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting;view=match http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;result=1;spanmax2=31+Dec+2011;spanmin2=01+Jan+2000;spanval2=span;template=results;type=batting;view=match http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=won;result=1;result=2;result=3;spanmax2=31+Dec+2011;spanmin2=01+Jan+2000;spanval2=span;team=6;template=results;type=team 4. "If Tendulkar does it then in their minds they would still think that these might be difficult conditions and we still have to apply ourselves." - That is incorrect.
They don't employ people with low IQ like some of you guys even for 'idiot-proofing' ... Just fyi idiots , the term 'development' refers to development only, not testing n BPO. I could paste a pic of my Windows 7 n Windows server 2008 ship-IT plate signed by bill gates n steve ballmer, but not for you idiots!!
Post was meant as a joke. Apologise if it offended you. Good on you for your ahcievements. P.S. Your logic still doesnt make much sense
Originally Posted by vaibhav_delhi View Post They don't employ people with low IQ like some of you guys even for 'idiot-proofing' ... Just fyi idiots , the term 'development' refers to development only, not testing n BPO. I could paste a pic of my Windows 7 n Windows server 2008 ship-IT plate signed by bill gates n steve ballmer, but not for you idiots!!
Dude, we are dying to see it :protest: Please !! And also post the pic of the chick you talked about. :protest:
:two_thumbs_up::icflove:
Runs made in wins etc . BS stat. Play for Banladesh and score tons and win percentage is still low, cos bangla always lose. Score no tons and play for aussies , then still win so your win percentage is high. Stupid stat
yaar same thing has been explained in varying degrees of complexity but Vaibhav cant/doesnt want to see the truth.
:popcorn::popcorn: P.S :Vaibhav bas kar yaar ,thakta nahi hai bhai :D
inki samajh me nahi aata bhai...:mad: whenever I think I am almost done, I see some ridiculous post, which I must reply to.:D
Post was meant as a joke. Apologise if it offended you. Good on you for your ahcievements.
love you buddy. It was the 4 of you who were joking arnd, to reply karna to banta tha. btw I actually think you are very good with your sensible n smtimes pretty humorous posts n articles....:)
thats why we are comparing him with other indian batsmen not bangla batsmen.
Other Indian batsman have scored far fewer tons for it to be statistically significant. I am not sure if you are intentionally being dense to prolong the argument and hence avoid conceding defeat.
It's not about Sachin - the simple man himself cannot invite any hate. It is that, in India, if you speak against the popular voice/trend, you are entitled to be treated an intellect and supposed to stand out of the crowd. Arundhati Roy, Barkha Dutt, Pranoy Roy, etc. some of the famous people who are diagnosed with this disease. Some writers in Cricinfo and a couple of 'moderate' boarders here show signs of that disease as well.
+1
It is that, in India, if you speak against the popular voice/trend, you are entitled to be treated an intellect and supposed to stand out of the crowd. Arundhati Roy, Barkha Dutt, Pranoy Roy, etc. some of the famous people who are diagnosed with this disease. Some writers in Cricinfo and a couple of 'moderate' boarders here show signs of that disease as well.
True very true .
Other Indian batsman have scored far fewer tons for it to be statistically significant. I am not sure if you are intentionally being dense to prolong the argument and hence avoid conceding defeat.
sehwag has 11 wins from 12 Tons Vs Big teams (add to this the no-ball six on 99 Vs lanka that didnt count, would have made the stat even more impressive): http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35263.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;result=1;result=2;result=3;runsmin1=100;runsval1=runs;template=results;type=allround gangs has 10-11 wins frm 14 Vs Big teams(not sure), dhoni 3 out of 4, gambhir 4 out of 6. Last two Dilute my point to some degree, but still 55% in sachin's Tons is not normal...