Dravid's another record

Surprise' date=' surprise, I HAVE seen Karthik bat - i don't comment on players i haven't watched. Pray tell o' enlightened one, what makes you think he is good enough to open for India ? [/quote'] well, if jaffer and sehwag were good enough to open for IND, KKD definitely is. on current form, as of today, i wouldnt pick sehwag over KKD to OPEN. if you know his (sehwag's) doodh-supplier and know something else, pls let us know. matter of fact, i wouldnt pick sehwag even in the MO. come to think of it, he may not even make the delhi team on current form.

I back Karthik (don't care whether he can hit that perfect cover drive) and Sehwag over any other opening pair. The middle order is a mess as well. You need Laxman at no.5 and without him this team is going to suffer big time. Karthik may not look convincing but has done his best every time he has been out there. Who really cares whether he plays a straight drive to a short ball or plays the cover drive without the flair of Rahul Dravid. I think that lad is here to stay. I see he is not bad off the back foot as well. Jaffer looks a perfect opening bat comfortable on both front and back foot but where are the runs to show? There is more to cricket than just having good looking strokes. You need to tune in every ball and not get complacent mid way through the inning. All it takes is one ball to get someone out. IMO Jaffer lacks that, he has that strange complacent style in his batting. I don't think he should be dropped right away. He should still be in the team for the next 2-3 series at least even if he fails.