Selling crap on E-bay

Predator_05

What is the procedure for selling things on e-bay ? I have bought some stuff on it a few times, but i have never sold anything hence why i am in the dark. Once the transaction is made, is the deal finalized ? Can the buyer return stuff back if he or she discovers that the product isn't in satisfactory condition ? What happens then ? The reason i ask is because I have found some electronic products lying around, ie; TV's, fans, fridges and i want to sell them off to some guy for as much money as i possibly can. Please help. Gracias

Well as far as i know for Well as far as i know for selling you just go to sell and list your item. Once the transaction is made the deal is final. The buyer can return the item depending on your return policy. So you should just take the picture and put it on display and describe the items condition as best as you can.

Would it be wise to Would it be wise to embellish a little when it comes describing the product ? ie; my 21 inch TV is probably worth $100 tops but can i simply say that it's in "near-perfect" condition and "only 3-months" old, adapter/game compatible, stereo sound, impeccable picture quality etc. and thereby charge $150-200 for it ? Even though it's probably 2 years old or something and the sound/picture quality is just average. ...in the event that they do return it, do i have to pay them back ? Or should i put some sort of clause in the transaction specifying that all purchases are final and there are no refunds ? Would that contractually absolve me from paying them back ?

Predator_05 wrote:What is

What is the procedure for selling things on e-bay ? I have bought some stuff on it a few times, but i have never sold anything hence why i am in the dark. Once the transaction is made, is the deal finalized ? Can the buyer return stuff back if he or she discovers that the product isn't in satisfactory condition ? What happens then ? The reason i ask is because I have found some electronic products lying around, ie; TV's, fans, fridges and i want to sell them off to some guy for as much money as i possibly can. Please help. Gracias

First, you need a seller account. You can of course upgrade your current one. They need credit card, etc, so that seller fees can be deducted. Next, you search for similar items sold by others by checking on the "Completed items" tab to get an idea for what you can sell your crap for. Some stuff like TV will be impossible to ship. I believe they have a local pickup option for things like cars, not sure how it applies to items of smaller dollar value. Regarding returns, all items should be "as advertised". If you allow returns, you can say so on the listing, or you can say "it is a final sale". But if the item you sell is broken and if you state that it is in great working condition, the buyer can take you to dispute.

Thanks ! So how do people Thanks ! So how do people sell Tv's ? Is there no other way of doing it than by asking someone to pick it up from your place themselves ? My TV is fully functional but nothing special - certainly not worth the $150+ i want to sell it for.

craigslist is another craigslist is another option. you list it for free and there is a local one for pretty much every area. and yes, people will email/call you to pick it up. donno of any drop-ship facility for such large items.

First, test all your items First, test all your items out to see if they work. If you can't do so, describe it clearly "AS IS". Do an eBay search for the same item you have to see what the going rates are. You need to first become a seller by providing a credit card AND a bank account. Sign up with Paypal to accept payment via PayPal. You can also accept payments via money orders, cashier's checks and personal checks....but for these, you MUST wait until they clear in your bank before shipping out the item. Once someone has bought your item, they are obligated to pay for it and cannot back out after the transaction is completed. You should also specify a return policy in your listing and a specific time frame for the buyer to return the item if they are not satisfied - trust me, this will save you a lot of grief later on. As far as shipping goes, I use USPS for smaller items and UPS for big items. All said and done, if you're looking to sell really big items like TVs and fridges, Craigslist is a much better option and have the buyer pick it up from your place.