IPL Broadcasting Info

mahesh_g

We had a great world cup but I could not watch any of the India matches as I was so nervous and I just checked the score every 10 mins on cricinfo despite of having bought the package from willow tv for $130 and I could have even watched the game in my IPhone while I am not infrount my computer, still I checked my scores on cricinfo in my IPhone. But I watched all the India games several times once those games are over. But to really enjoy the cricket, I thought IPL is right for me. Although I am from chennai and I support CSK, I dont mind MI winning for sachin. So I am basically supporting two teams and I wont be nervous and I dont have to go out or shut the stream while the match is in nailbiting stage. I dont see any ad for IPL in willow.tv. I like willow as I could watch the game in IPhone as well. I dont mind spending up to 50 bucks for this. Could you guys tell me who is showing IPL here in the US? Incase if willow is not showing, is there any Iphone app where I can watch the stream in my phone?

One source says DirectTV/DishTV who'll rip you the **** off and another source says Neo Cricket which is just 15$ on cable (comcast). Though the DirectTV site has confirmed IPL4 so I guess it will also be shown on Willow then.

One source says DirectTV/DishTV who'll rip you the **** off and another source says Neo Cricket which is just 15$ on cable (comcast). Though the DirectTV site has confirmed IPL4 so I guess it will also be shown on Willow then.
I have dish network at home. Not sure if they will show. BTW I heard there is a tie-up between willow and directv/dish? If so, I could watch on willow.tv as well?

IPL Broadcasting Info The biggest cricket stars in the world are coming to Rogers Sportsnet as the network has signed an exclusive four-year agreement to broadcast live the Indian Premier League, starting Friday, April 8th. The agreement gives Sportsnet exclusive Canadian television rights and Pay-per-View rights to the League, featuring stars such as Sachin Tendulkar (India), Shane Warne (Australia), Daniel Vettori (New Zealand), Andrew Symonds (Australia) and Jacques Kallis (South Africa). "Cricket is a premiere sport whose multinational flavour is felt across the globe," said Scott Moore, President, Rogers Broadcasting. "This partnership will not only attract fans of the sport but also introduce a brand new audience to Sportsnet as we become the destination for the Indian Premier League in Canada." "We are delighted to welcome Rogers to the IPL broadcast family," said Yannick Colaco, COO, Nimbus. "Since its inception only 3 years ago, the IPL has consistently broken traditional cricket barriers and reached out to new audiences. We are confident that Rogers Sportsnet will continue to expand the growth of the cricketing market in Canada by widening our audience and fan base in the region." RELATED Sportsnet ONE will be home to 36 group-stage matches for the 2011 IPL. Rogers Sportsnet will present another 38 matches on Pay-per-View, including 34 from the group stage, three playoff games and the championship match. IPL has become one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the world, capturing a massive global audience across all continents including Australia, North America and throughout the Middle East. The League will play Twenty20 cricket, comprised of 10 teams competing in 12 venues across India. http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/2011/04/01/ipl_cricket/ ---------------------- :hmmm:

Youtube channel for IPL 2011 Is it going to be available for IPL 2011 as well, like it was there for season 3 Or Are there online streaming links which I can buy for watching the entire IPL. I am in Malaysia and the On-demand rates here are pretty expensive

as far as i remember, they signed a two year contract with youtube. so they should be continuing to stream games. i hope the quality will be even better this year. but their as been no updates or ads on the ipl youtube channel, its only 2 days short. it may be ip restricted for countries which have a tv/dish broadcasting contract.